Sensible shoes

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I'm looking for some casual (but not fugly) shoes with some decent support that i can wear day-to-day in the cooler months. I've been wearing some of the low Chuck Taylors and they're just killing my feet. I broke my foot a few years ago and that spot is really achy and I'm sure it's the shoe since they have zero support whatsoever. Ideally I'd like some cute moccasins or something with the support of a sneaker but I know that's wishful thinking. :lol:

So which brands have cute, comfy shoes that won't ruin my feet? I know about Naturalizers and the Cole Haan Nike Air line but nothing is jumping out screaming "buy me!"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Buy great insoles and you can wear whatever shoes you like. Dr. Scholls has a thing at Wal-Mart that will assess your arch and support needs, and recommend an insole to suit. CVS has insoles that are specifically for plantar fasciitis, and they have made all the difference in the world for me.

Dr. Scholls customs run around $40, and the CVS ones are about $15.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I'm looking for some casual (but not fugly) shoes with some decent support that i can wear day-to-day in the cooler months. I've been wearing some of the low Chuck Taylors and they're just killing my feet. I broke my foot a few years ago and that spot is really achy and I'm sure it's the shoe since they have zero support whatsoever. Ideally I'd like some cute moccasins or something with the support of a sneaker but I know that's wishful thinking. :lol:

So which brands have cute, comfy shoes that won't ruin my feet? I know about Naturalizers and the Cole Haan Nike Air line but nothing is jumping out screaming "buy me!"

I love my Danskos...... I wear them all the time... most comfortable shoes eva!!!

Dakota

~~~~~~~
That is a tough one. I decided after 40 I was going to jump right into doing P90X and like a dummy, I fell, broke my foot coming down wrong. The worst part was hearing the doctor say... "you know, at your age, you should really start with something low impact, like walking" :ohwell:

Yeah okay!!!

Anyway, the area where I broke it hurt for a long time and I was wearing Asics for comfort. It sort of made me forget how tender it was until I was doing something in the house and dropped a furniture dolly on my foot breaking my toe and medial cuneiform a few years back. I didn't have shoes on at the time.

So... what about Asics???

Young women abuse their feet so much living in shoes such as flip flops and sneakers (yes, chucks are sneakers) and ballerina flats that have no arch support and/or shoes and boots with killer heels that deform the bone structure of the feet over time that there is a huge market for stylish AND comfortable shoes... you won't have a hard time at all finding something you like. Here is a good starter website:

http://www.marylandsquare.com/

Last edited:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Young women abuse their feet so much living in shoes such as flip flops and sneakers (yes, chucks are sneakers) and ballerina flats that have no arch support and/or shoes and boots with killer heels that deform the bone structure of the feet over time that there is a huge market for stylish AND comfortable shoes... you won't have a hard time at all finding something you like. Here is a good starter website:

????? :love:

I do love the arch support in danskos!!! 14 hrs on the dogs.. no issues!!

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Buy great insoles and you can wear whatever shoes you like. Dr. Scholls has a thing at Wal-Mart that will assess your arch and support needs, and recommend an insole to suit. CVS has insoles that are specifically for plantar fasciitis, and they have made all the difference in the world for me.

I'm so afraid to step up on that thing... I fear it will say

"Barney... Barney Rumble is that you?" :ohwell:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I'm so afraid to step up on that thing... I fear it will say

"Barney... Barney Rumble is that you?" :ohwell:

lol

i work as an er vet tech for 12 plus hours... so for several years i wouldnt get off the money for the shoes...

i would go thru sneakers every month... i tried everything....

then i broke down and got a pair OMG... IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!

Dakota

~~~~~~~
lol

i work as an er vet tech for 12 plus hours... so for several years i wouldnt get off the money for the shoes...

i would go thru sneakers every month... i tried everything....

then i broke down and got a pair OMG... IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!

I used to be on my feet all the time but ended up in a desk job - hence the reason I was doing such a drastic workout in an attempt to battle the bulge. I started running earlier this year and that has given me incredible strength in my feet/legs and within the last month or so... I've been able to wear heals again. One day, I will go in there in the wee hours and check it out so there are no witnesses. :wink:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser

I'll look into this to maybe be able to save the Chucks. I have a pair of insoles in an uncomfortable pair of boots and they don't help much but I didn't put a lot of thought into the purchase (this was a few years ago).

I love my Danskos...... I wear them all the time... most comfortable shoes eva!!!
I've heard they're very comfy - do they make regular shoes? (by regular, I mean non-medical staff looking shoes :lol:)
That is a tough one. I decided after 40 I was going to jump right into doing P90X and like a dummy, I fell, broke my foot coming down wrong. The worst part was hearing the doctor say... "you know, at your age, you should really start with something low impact, like walking" :ohwell:

Yeah okay!!!

Anyway, the area where I broke it hurt for a long time and I was wearing Asics for comfort. It sort of made me forget how tender it was until I was doing something in the house and dropped a furniture dolly on my foot breaking my toe and medial cuneiform a few years back. I didn't have shoes on at the time.

So... what about Asics???

Hey, at least you were exercising when you broke it! I was doing laundry and stubbed my pinky toe on a dumbbell. Thought it was broken but the bruising was mostly on the outside and ball of my foot. An x-ray revealed a broken foot. :ohwell:

I have some comfy Nikes that I bought for running last year and am not able to run in (love my Brooks for running). I wore them today and all was right in the world but I don't want to have to wear athletic shoes every day. :lol:

Women's brand name shoes available at MarylandSquare.com

I have definitely not treated my feet very well. I live in flip flops and ballet flats in the warmer months but nothing has ever bothered me until these Chucks. When I say "sneakers" I really mean athletic shoes, and I don't consider Chucks athletic shoes because they don't have any support. It's like walking on cardboard. :lol: At least I don't wear heels! That's one point in my favor. :lol:

Any of these https://bassshoes.harborghb.com/bass-boots-womens. I have 2 pairs of Bass boots and I absolutely love them! They are so comfy. I've had one pair for a few years now. They're insulated and I only wear them for a few months out of the year though.
Thanks, I'll check them out.

stockgirl

Stocki

Women's brand name shoes available at MarylandSquare.com

I've had a bad ankle since I was 16 so I've always had to wear shoes with support. Most of my sneakers come up higher. I cannot wear running shoes because they are too low. Most of my dress shoes are boots. I've never been able to really wear cutsy shoes. I hate flip flops though. I have one pair that I wear when I take the kids to water parks and such. They are Nike and have tons of cushion and the between the toe thingy is not hard.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Hey, at least you were exercising when you broke it! I was doing laundry and stubbed my pinky toe on a dumbbell. Thought it was broken but the bruising was mostly on the outside and ball of my foot. An x-ray revealed a broken foot. :ohwell:

I told everyone I was skiing in alps. :lol: So I didn't have to tell them the 'real' story which was that P90X in the garage - not such a good idea. I came down wrong because I tripped over the lawn mower.

Good luck :huggy:

ShyGirl

The best thing is Dr Scholls custom fit inserts, available at Walmart.

Homepage | Dr Scholl's® Custom Fit® Orthotics

I have eyeballed shoes in the following catalog: Women's Shoes, Men's Shoes, Walking Shoes, Sandals, Slippers, Socks, Support Hose, Foot Care, Orthopedic & Comfort Products :: FootSmart

I have a pair of black danskos, but don't like them. They are big and heavy.

I also wear Reef flip flops, but only the ones that have a comfy arch support.

This year, my fall shoes are a very comfy pair of Anne Klein knee high boots.

doubtfull24

I love clarks. I have had multiple surgeries on my foot and have pain daily from it so I have to have support.I either wear my new balance tennis shoes or my clarks.I have always wanted to try orthaheel. Anyone tried them?

Women

Last edited: