Governor September 6, 2019

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member

Dear Friend,​

As Maryland families enjoyed the last few weeks of summer, our team stayed as busy as ever during the month of August. We broke ground on the new Waterloo Fire Station in Jessup, a vacation retreat for chronically ill children in Ocean City, and the C&O Canal National Historic Park Headquarters in Williamsport, and we met with county and local elected officials at the annual Maryland Association of Counties Summer Conference.

This month, I traveled to Boston to lead my first transportation summit as chairman of the National Governors Association. Joined by fellow governors and transportation experts, we discussed innovative new solutions to reduce traffic congestion across America, and I proudly highlighted the balanced, all-inclusive approach to infrastructure that we have taken in our state.

August also included a number of new announcements to continue our work of changing Maryland for the better. We launched a $10 million rural broadband expansion, critical grants to fight the opioid epidemic, and exciting clean energy initiatives.

Be sure to stay up to date on what’s going on by following my Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram account, and Snapchat (username: GovLarryHogan).

See you next month!

Your Governor,​

Sign

Governor Hogan visited the 138th Maryland State Fair, where over 22,000 competitive exhibits highlight Marylanders’ pride in the animals they raise, the produce they grow, and the arts and crafts they make.

Line MD

Globe

Read the op-ed by Governor Hogan and Governor Baker here.​

Line MD

“We have proven that with a strong partnership between the state government and all of our local leaders working together, we really can solve some of the tough problems and get things done.”

Watch the Maryland Association of Counties Summer Conference closing address here.​

Line MD

MONTHLY RECAP

Follow along with our annoucements next month on our website and find event photos here!

Line MD

port of bmore

Line MD

Mundane (But Meaningful)​

In this episode, Lieutenant Governor Boyd Rutherford breaks down the mysterious and perplexing subject of public opinion polling. Watch to learn why public opinion polls are like a good soup— plus everything else you need to know about polling in just 60 seconds!​

Line MD

VIDEO ROUNDUP

Line MD