Serious Accident N/B 235 N/O Clover Hill

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah
FYI

N/B 235 area of Clover Hill Road. There is a three car accident. Both N/B lanes are currently closed. :howdy:

Natron0915

That accident is awful - one of the worst I have seen in a very long time. :ohwell:

I heard it happen and went by just as the first trooper was arriving. There were quite a few cars and a motorcycle stopped along the both sides of the road. Looked pretty bad, 3 cars I think, one with some pretty serious front end damage in the road, another on the embankment, smoking, and another that looked to be upside down in the ditch. I know a helo landed but not sure on what the injuries were and how many.

Goldenhawk

After reviewing the photos I think someone was driving south in the northbound lanes.

If not, I'm having a VERY hard time figuring out what must have happened. You can see nearly straight pavement damage marks leading from the Honda minivan southbound diagonally across the northbound lanes to the shoulder where the green SUV and white pickup came to rest.

The entire front passenger-side corner of both white vehicles is demolished. For that kind of damage, the Honda and the pickup clearly had a very high speed glancing collision. Given how far the white pickup truck travelled after the impact, it must have been moving rather quickly. But from the angles involved, I cannot imagine how the pickup had that much speed opposing the Honda unless it was travelling on the wrong side of the road.

The Google Maps view of the area where the accident occurred shows it about 1/4 mile north of the Clover Hill intersection, between a crossover and a driveway. But none of the impact damage is consistent with a crossover impact. Those are usually T-bones of at least one of the vehicles, not a high-speed glancing hit. Furthermore, the impact point is almost beyond the crossover.

I wonder if the pickup driver had a medical emergency (or was messing with a cellphone) and crossed the median at full speed.

My original thought, because it's right side was damaged, was that the Honda drifted across the lanes into oncoming traffic. Then I also thought the Honda may have drifted right, hit something causing it to careen across the road into the oncoming lane.

But, just speculation. Waiting for a release with more info.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
There was a comment on the baynet article that one car was on the wrong side of the road.