Serious question:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Not sure where you get that, I lived in Lex Park and currently am in Leonardtown. The majority of my family lives in and around the SF Bay area. I know Oakland better than most here. And yes, there are nice areas in the last decade, mostly due to the combination of high paying jobs in SF and lack of housing combined with the FAANG employers willingness to provide very nice buss service to/from surrounding communities.

Keep huffing those flux fumes, they are obviously doing wonders for your observational powers.
Los Altos! :howdy:

BernieP

Resident PIA
Not all of Oakland is ghetto. My cousin just sold her house in the hills for 1M+.
I didn't say it was a ghetto, but right across the bay in San Fran they don't have a Walmart, but have a Whole Foods.
Just an interesting overlay, to look at when you consider where people buy their food and stuff.

Clem72

Wow... Lex park to Leonardtown... Movin on up......
Family in San Fran.... Fulton st I would bet....

Yup, moved as soon as I retired and didn't need to short commute to work. It's obvious what you are trying to imply, saying I live in Waldorf or that I am "moving on up" but your just making a fool of yourself. But I wouldn't expect anything more from you, the guy who goes around threatening to have his son beat people up.

luvmygdaughters

Has anyone heard of the planned peaceful protest scheduled for 5 PM in La Plata tonight? Also heard there is one scheduled for Leonardtown on Wednesday night.

SamSpade

Do you think these riots and violence are winning any hearts and minds? Or do you think people are generally fed up and they're actually losing support?

I thought of something else, too. I've seen just an unreal amount of B.S. news being promoted. I think the one I saw most recently that made me furrow m brow was some statement on social media claiming that cops are killing black men all the time - and no other race. They're singling out black men.

And I barely needed to look this up - in fact, once I did, the data pretty much confirmed what I already knew - in any given year, about twice as many white people are killed by cops as black - and nearly as many Hispanics are killed as black.

However - because blacks represent a smaller portion of the nation as a whole - they are more LIKELY to be shot. They represent about a fourth of all shootings, but are only about an eighth of the population.

But I SEE just bullshit type "facts" thrown about, and I know they're wrong. And I can't say anything. No one will listen, and I'll still be called a racist for saying a damned thing. A few hundred black men in a year will be killed by a cop. QUITE a few thousand will be killed by someone who is not a cop.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I thought of something else, too. I've seen just an unreal amount of B.S. news being promoted. I think the one I saw most recently that made me furrow m brow was some statement on social media claiming that cops are killing black men all the time - and no other race. They're singling out black men.

And I barely needed to look this up - in fact, once I did, the data pretty much confirmed what I already knew - in any given year, about twice as many white people are killed by cops as black - and nearly as many Hispanics are killed as black.

However - because blacks represent a smaller portion of the nation as a whole - they are more LIKELY to be shot. They represent about a fourth of all shootings, but are only about an eighth of the population.

But I SEE just bullshit type "facts" thrown about, and I know they're wrong. And I can't say anything. No one will listen, and I'll still be called a racist for saying a damned thing. A few hundred black men in a year will be killed by a cop. QUITE a few thousand will be killed by someone who is not a cop.
Yes, a lot of misleading and out right false information going around - Twitter and Facebook don't bother fact checking it though,.
One thing I would be interested in looking up, how many blacks were killed in black on black crimes.
Watching Live PD as a reference, I would say that blacks are more likely to argue with, flee or resist arrest. Black women have a mouth. Now I know that's not a valid measure, But the incident in Atlanta was two black women in a car and black officers - they apparently were told to move along and decided to give the cops a piece of their mind because they were recording another arrest. When the cop says "step out of the car", they take off. When they yell hands in the air, they are rooting around in the car for = probably their phones. Not saying their aren't bad cops out there, but damn, you don't do crap when there is already tension, to escalate the tension.

I doubt the two cops were racists and just wanted to be heavy handed on two black people. But they got fired.

But yes, compare the number of people killed by the police and it's not as many as they would like you to believe, and the majority are white.
Apparently they want crime by quota.
Speaking of dead white guys, whatever happened to the SWAT officer that shot and killed the guy standing in his doorway - unarmed.
I don't recall Northern Virginia being burned to the ground, no riots, not even a peaceful protest. Hell, it was barely covered.
The guy was outright executed

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

SamSpade

Yes, a lot of misleading and out right false information going around - Twitter and Facebook don't bother fact checking it though,.

How long was the country subjected to hands in the air, don't shoot, don't shoot? Something that absolutely never happened at all?