Serious question:

black dog

Free America
I bet you couldn't lob a molotov onto the top of a walmart. Probably couldn't clear 10 feet.

View attachment 148562
Probably not pop's, I just push steel around 6 days a week. I have posted a picture of myself here before...
What do you do for a living?
You might want to get your magnifiers out and look at the scale on the bottom right corner of those maps their pop's.

Scootboot

We had this discussion tonight and the few people we had around agreed that no one can watch that tape and not see wrong being done to a human being. I also throw out that this cop knew he was being taped and didn't care. I think that makes it even worse. What did he think would happen when the video got shared? Why didn't he lift his knee and if the guy tried to get away again this it would be on tape? All of us agreed that the violence going on takes the conversation away from the disgust f a man being murdered and makes you ask who can walk out of store with a 70" TV because a man was murdered and sleep at night? Who can burn down businesses and excuse that in the name of rage? Do they go back to their neighborhoods with their new TVs and everyone cheer them? I don't get it. If I knew someone that stole in the name of a murdered man I would turn them in and see them for the POS they are.

Clem72

You might want to get your magnifiers out and look at the scale on the bottom right corner of those maps their pop's.

You missed the point of that image, which was the same as my original point. That Walmarts are typically in not-great neighborhoods so it shouldn't matter if they need to have visible security.

And yes, they are put near foot traffic despite having huge parking lots. It's easier for people who can drive to drive to a walmart to get cheaper groceries than it is for people who cant drive to catch the bus or bum a ride. So you put the store closer to the second group, but leave plenty of parking for the first.

Of course, if you understood this sort of stuff you probably wouldn't be "pushing steel" around for a living (unless you meant you lift weights, and if so you should know that pushing steel is already slang for being a car valet.)

black dog

Free America
You missed the point of that image, which was the same as my original point. That Walmarts are typically in not-great neighborhoods so it shouldn't matter if they need to have visible security.

And yes, they are put near foot traffic despite having huge parking lots. It's easier for people who can drive to drive to a walmart to get cheaper groceries than it is for people who cant drive to catch the bus or bum a ride. So you put the store closer to the second group, but leave plenty of parking for the first.

Of course, if you understood this sort of stuff you probably wouldn't be "pushing steel" around for a living (unless you meant you lift weights, and if so you should know that pushing steel is already slang for being a car valet.)

Na. Im a peckerwood veteran small business owner of a welding fabrication business.
So Dunkirk is a not so good neighborhood..... Keep rolling those goal posts gramps..

You would have been better off to use Dollar General or Family Dollar for a hill to die on, it fits your stupid narrative much better.

You might want to get out of Waldorf more often gramps.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Whole Foods on the rich folk side of the bay, Walmarts on the poor people side
No Whole Foods n Oakland, but Walmart is there.
Not all of Oakland is ghetto. My cousin just sold her house in the hills for 1M+.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Do you think these riots and violence are winning any hearts and minds? Or do you think people are generally fed up and they're actually losing support?
CNN is trying hard, having expert after expert declaring it "righteous violence"..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Youd think they would just build them with reinforced security screens that can close over the doorways. If a kiosk can do it, Walmart can. Or get bulletproof plexi or whatever if they want it to look nice.
Well, that leads to.. Why do 24 hour stores have locks on their doors??

itsbob

I bowl overhand
For Trump to use as needed.... Why do you think bob?
Just had to bring Trump into it did you???

I had to go back and check to ensure you were the first to break Trump.. can you prove you have no other cards to play??

Clem72

Forgive him he knows not what hes posting.
Hes a Waldorfian that never traveled past the Nice Bridge or past Brandywine Junkyard.

Not sure where you get that, I lived in Lex Park and currently am in Leonardtown. The majority of my family lives in and around the SF Bay area. I know Oakland better than most here. And yes, there are nice areas in the last decade, mostly due to the combination of high paying jobs in SF and lack of housing combined with the FAANG employers willingness to provide very nice buss service to/from surrounding communities.

Keep huffing those flux fumes, they are obviously doing wonders for your observational powers.

black dog

Free America
Not sure where you get that, I lived in Lex Park and currently am in Leonardtown. The majority of my family lives in and around the SF Bay area. I know Oakland better than most here. And yes, there are nice areas in the last decade, mostly due to the combination of high paying jobs in SF and lack of housing combined with the FAANG employers willingness to provide very nice buss service to/from surrounding communities.

Keep huffing those flux fumes, they are obviously doing wonders for your observational powers.
Wow... Lex park to Leonardtown... Movin on up......
Family in San Fran.... Fulton st I would bet....
I use acorn tables with vacuum ... You keep believing folks by the herd walk to Walmarts... Head down and count how many walk into Walmart down south for a few hours.
I bet you dont get past your toes.... Good Day...

SamSpade

I "heard" them the first night. Cop is arrested and facing a trial. That should be justice. I can understand a little outrage.

There's no excuse for kneeling on the head of a handcuffed man. All of America was outraged, although some like me wondered if I wasn't once again being lied to about something. I usually give it a day or two to be sure it's not crap or bait.

But if they wanted to be heard - every subsequent night of looting and violence makes me more and more deaf. We are a nation of laws and not mob rule. I could understand - if not agree - with anger at the cops. But the violence and destruction of property - smashing up and ATM and wiping out the cash - smashing into businesses and taking high value items? Not seeing this.

How about THIS guy?

See, they're just destroying.

SamSpade

I think we've found a new drinking game. Take a drink every time someone says "righteous violence".
I'm having a hard time seeing how a hairdresser who is very careful with her clients goes to jail - but violence and destruction of property is just left alone. Why is that righteous violence but praying in your car worthy of an arrest?