Serious Questions About The Way Covid Deaths Have Been Counted

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Sharyl: How did you raise your concerns?

Caruso: I told them very clearly that someone can die “of” COVID or they can die “with” COVID. And the two are very different.

Others were also questioning the state’s count.

Bock: We had the coroner in Montezuma county. He had a death, an alcohol death, and it was counted as Covid. And he's the one that I guess got the ball rolling and started complaining.

As a result of the complaints, the state added subcategories showing number of deaths “Of” Covid and deaths “With Covid.” But months later, with the murder-suicide, there were still questions.

Sharyl: "Of Covid" presumably means the death is thought to have been caused directly by Covid.

Brenda Bock: Directly.

Sharyl: And "with COVID" means?

Bock: You had other underlying conditions.

Sharyl: Okay. So the murder-suicide should not have been counted under either of those categories?

Bock: Right. And that's what I complained about. And then when I did talk to the Governor, he told me he didn't believe it was right, but he wasn't going to have them remove it from the count because all the other states were doing it that way so we were going to also.

herb749

Didn't hospitals get paid per covid case .?

This whole testing positive and that being the cause of death, was to keep the death count rolling. If you look at recent death's in the news people are back to dying from cancer again, and only cancer.

CRHS89

Apparently if you go to the SMCHD for testing due to a COVID exposure and subsequent symptoms, you are coded as COVID positive before test results are received. When those tests come back with negative results, the coding is not changed.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Apparently if you go to the SMCHD for testing due to a COVID exposure and subsequent symptoms, you are coded as COVID positive before test results are received. When those tests come back with negative results, the coding is not changed.
It follows the old rule… When government pays for some thing you get more of it.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Not that I doubt you, but how did you find this out?