Sewing

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I'm just beginning. What correction is needed when the top thread doesn't interlock with the bottom bobbin thread? I've tried rethreading the needle and turning the bobbin the other way.

There's a sewing machine store on great mills rd that sells, repairs and teaches sewing classes. They are a font of knowledge on all thing sewing related they should be able to tell you exactly what is going wrong.

sunnyside393

There's a sewing machine store on great mills rd that sells, repairs and teaches sewing classes. They are a font of knowledge on all thing sewing related they should be able to tell you exactly what is going wrong.

Thx......I'm just getting to know the area....

Homer J

Power Chord
Wirelessly posted

Sounds like a timing problem. The bobbin hook should be passing the needle scarf just after the needle starts it's upstroke. When the needle starts it's upward travel, it causes a little slack in the needl thread which creates a loop for the hook to catch. If the timing is off, this won't happen.

sunnyside393

Wirelessly posted

Sounds like a timing problem. The bobbin hook should be passing the needle scarf just after the needle starts it's upstroke. When the needle starts it's upward travel, it causes a little slack in the needl thread which creates a loop for the hook to catch. If the timing is off, this won't happen.

Thx.....this is still a little Greek to me but still very helpful......:howdy:

V

veritas

I'm just beginning. What correction is needed when the top thread doesn't interlock with the bottom bobbin thread? I've tried rethreading the needle and turning the bobbin the other way.

Are you progressing with your sewing?
I would have said to check the two places you can adjust thread tension on the machine, and also to make sure you were using the right size needle for that fabric.
I hope things turned out for you.

MarieB

Good to know. I'm a bit rusty and could use the classes

acommondisaster

I got the bug to do some sewing; maybe a tote or a beach bag or something to start with - I used to sew all my dresses and even made myself a winter coat back in high school. I made curtains for the house when we lived in Waldorf but I donated the sewing machine and cabinet when we moved. Found I wanted a sewing machine for hemming and repairs, so I bought a cheap portable. So anyway, I bought some material and a pattern at JoAnn's recently, along with some other craft things. It wasn't until I got home that I realized the pattern cost $12.50!! I had no idea a pattern cost so much. This stupid little tote is going to cost me more than anything I'd buy premade. I'm not all that enthusiastic about taking on any further sewing projects after this.