Sex calms nerves before public speaking

Forget pretending you are talking to one person or concentrating on a single point in the audience -- having sex is good way to calm nerves before giving a speech or presentation.

But Stuart Brody, a psychologist at the University of Paisley in Scotland, said it has to be full sexual intercourse to get the best results.

He studied nearly 50 men and women who recorded their sexual activities for two weeks and analyzed its impact on their blood pressure levels when under acute stress, such as when giving a speech.

Brody discovered that the volunteers who had sexual intercourse were the least stressed and had blood pressure levels that returned to normal more quickly than people who engaged in other types of sex.

But people who had abstained from sex had the highest blood pressure response to stress.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I think it was "Police Academy" that had sex during the act of public speaking. Shortly before Lassard gave his speech, Mahoney hid in the lectern with a prostitute. So when the commandant began speaking, the prostitute helped him with his, uh, microphone.

S

Scaratica

kwillia said:
Forget pretending you are talking to one person or concentrating on a single point in the audience -- having sex is good way to calm nerves before giving a speech or presentation.

But Stuart Brody, a psychologist at the University of Paisley in Scotland, said it has to be full sexual intercourse to get the best results.

He studied nearly 50 men and women who recorded their sexual activities for two weeks and analyzed its impact on their blood pressure levels when under acute stress, such as when giving a speech.

Brody discovered that the volunteers who had sexual intercourse were the least stressed and had blood pressure levels that returned to normal more quickly than people who engaged in other types of sex.

But people who had abstained from sex had the highest blood pressure response to stress.

I am extreemly deprived.I dont know how I manage at work.

wmburdette

9/11 - Never Forget!
Tonio said:
I think it was "Police Academy" that had sex during the act of public speaking. Shortly before Lassard gave his speech, Mahoney hid in the lectern with a prostitute. So when the commandant began speaking, the prostitute helped him with his, uh, microphone.

Wouldn't work -
it has to be full sexual intercourse
Lassard just got a Lewinsky!

bcp

In My Opinion
A friend wanted me to ask if anyone knew how to get into one of these test groups.

kwillia said:

*BUMP* for Kyle...:yawn:

Ponytail

bcp said:
A friend wanted me to ask if anyone knew how to get into one of these test groups.

Could we, errr, he form his/her own group and advertise for contract work for such studys? Would save the program time and money searching for a test group. Seems like a win/win to me. :shrug: