Sex Offenders Given Curfew For Halloween

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
http://www.nbc10.com/news/5180395/detail.html

For the first time in history, New Jersey has issued a Halloween curfew for sex offenders.

It means offenders must be indoors by 7 p.m. on Monday night. They can't even answer the door when trick-or-treaters ring the bell.

Not being allowed to answer the door is just one of the many rules in this new mandate for Halloween. State officials said that it is about keeping sex offenders away from temptation.
I have a better idea--if the victim is a minor child, the sentence for the first offense should be lifetime incarceration with no parole.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:killingme Well NOW I have heard everything! :lmao:

Giving people who already have no regard for the law, let alone their fellow humans, a curfew!

:killingme

I'm sorry, you New Jerseyites - but I think you win hands down. Florida is a loony bin, California is in a category of its own and Massachusetts is like a whole state of Montgomery Counties. But New Jersey just takes the cake!

:lmao:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
vraiblonde said:
Giving people who already have no regard for the law, let alone their fellow humans, a curfew!
But ... but ... they've been rehabilitated! :shrug:

:sarcasm: :sarcasm:

willie

vraiblonde said:
:killingme Well NOW I have heard everything! :lmao:

:killingme

I'm sorry, you New Jerseyites - but I think you win hands down. Florida is a loony bin, California is in a category of its own and Massachusetts is like a whole state of Montgomery Counties. But New Jersey just takes the cake!

:lmao:
At least it's something, not much, but better than nothing. If they're caught out maybe it will violate parole and get them back in the can. Until the penalty is a life sentence, the State should pile on all kind of petty crap.