Shampoo/Conditioner?

What is your hair type? Thick? Thin? Wavy? etc...

What kind of shampoo & conditioner do you use?

My hair is thin but frizzy (because I had it permed and now blow dry it straight again because the perm wasn't working for me) so I am looking for suggestions on something that will help smooth the frizz while adding volume. Thanks, ladies. :huggy:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I really like Dove conditioner. It is very moisturizing. For shampoo, I'll grab anything cheap/ on sale. I have long, color treated hair that is right in the middle of thin/ thick. It also happens to be naturally curly/ frizzy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have masses of medium length highly sun damaged hair that I either let go wavy or blow dry straight, depending on my mood. I like Living Proof No Frizz shampoo, conditioner, and styling products. Leaves my hair smooth, shiny and bouncy. Expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Roman

I have ultra-fine, wavy hair that tends to frizz only if I blow dry. I use sulfate-free shampoo and the conditioner that comes with it. I don't color my hair. IMO, it's the blow drying and product use that tend to make hair frizz. When you have time, and aren't at work, try letting your hair dry naturally. You just might be amazed on how good it looks without all the styling tools.

I have ultra-fine, wavy hair that tends to frizz only if I blow dry. I use sulfate-free shampoo and the conditioner that comes with it. I don't color my hair. IMO, it's the blow drying and product use that tend to make hair frizz. When you have time, and aren't at work, try letting your hair dry naturally. You just might be amazed on how good it looks without all the styling tools.

It is very wavy, frizzy, and permed. That's why I started blow drying it again. :ohwell:

lovinmaryland

My mom bought a bottle of each shampoo & conditioner of Sisley....she didn't like them and gave them too me! SCORE! I don't use it every day but when I do use it AMAZING!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
try letting your hair dry naturally. You just might be amazed on how good it looks without all the styling tools.

Agree. When I was a kid I used to try and obtain hair that nature didn't give me, and it always looked like crap. Now I go with what I've got and, I must say, my hair typically looks amazing with little effort.

:diva:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Agree. When I was a kid I used to try and obtain hair that nature didn't give me, and it always looked like crap. Now I go with what I've got and, I must say, my hair typically looks amazing with little effort.

:diva:

My hair always looks beter when I air-dry it over night vs. blow-drying with a diffuser (course, thick curly hair here). Something about sleeping on it keeps the frizz under control a little more. Took me until I was 24-ish to finally figure out my hair and let it be it's own person :ohwell:

You probably won't take much input from a guy on this, but I like Head and Shoulders Smooth and Silky 2in1.

Agee

You probably won't take much input from a guy on this, but I like Head and Shoulders Smooth and Silky 2in1.

pssssst, you forgot to specify your hair type

if you're going to play in the girley thread, you need to follow the protocol...

pssssst, you forgot to specify your hair type

if you're going to play in the girley thread, you need to follow the protocol...

Excuse me....

Thick, wavy tending towards curly, but currently pretty short, brown with lots of silver.

ginwoman

Mine looks better when it air drys but when I wash it at night I cannot sleep with it wet. Just feels cold and yucki to me.

My hair always looks beter when I air-dry it over night vs. blow-drying with a diffuser (course, thick curly hair here). Something about sleeping on it keeps the frizz under control a little more. Took me until I was 24-ish to finally figure out my hair and let it be it's own person :ohwell:

I looove H&S! It smells wonderful and leaves my hair soooo soft. I'll buy it every once-in-a-while for a change.

I don't care for H&S Ocean Lift and there's another one.... they use menthol or something in it and it just doesn't smell right to me.