Shanahan Is The New Redskins Coach!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Same thing the last coach did and otherd before him.....NOTHING!!!!! Muahahahahaha

It's going to be interesting to see who he keeps on the squad, and who he benches, etc.

Didn't I read where he's bringing onboard his son, Kyle(?) as Offensive Coordinator? :popcorn:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Nothing as long as Dan Snyder is handling the puppet strings. :rolleyes:

Well, maybe through a new GM and a new Head Coach, they can get Snyder to back off, and let THEM run the team? :shrug:

They are the ones who will (or should)have day-to-day contact with the players, so let them do the job, eh?

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Well, maybe through a new GM and a new Head Coach, they can get Snyder to back off, and let THEM run the team? :shrug:

They are the ones who will (or should)have day-to-day contact with the players, so let them do the job, eh?

And you don't think the last, what - 7 coaches in the last 10 years - have had the same hope/expectations? :confused:

BuddyLee

Football addict
And you don't think the last, what - 7 coaches in the last 10 years - have had the same hope/expectations? :confused:

6 coaches.

One was already here when Snyder entered. Norv Turner blew Jupiters balls.

His replacement was Robiskie who finished out the season. He would have been fired thereafter by any team.

Shottenheimer was a good hire but Snyder was truly immature during this tenure. Clearly a Snyder mistake letting this guy go.

In came the flashy Spurrier. Snyder took a shot here and failed.

Then Gibbs. Most Skins fans were happy with glee. Gibbs left on his own accord due to family concerns and football being past his prime.

Caught off-guard by the move, Snyder hired Zorn. Another bad move by Snyder.

So, it isn't all fire and brimstone the past 10 years. Clearly the team has stunk with the expection of a few of the Gibbs years. However, in tow in all these years besides the Shottenheimer year was Vinny. He's gone now. It's an entirely new regime and time. Most fans shall temper their expectations, which they should due to recent history. In all these years Snyder has changed, little by little, whether some want to believe it or not.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
6 coaches.

One was already here when Snyder entered. Norv Turner blew Jupiters balls.

His replacement was Robiskie who finished out the season. He would have been fired thereafter by any team.

Shottenheimer was a good hire but Snyder was truly immature during this tenure. Clearly a Snyder mistake letting this guy go.

In came the flashy Spurrier. Snyder took a shot here and failed.

Then Gibbs. Most Skins fans were happy with glee. Gibbs left on his own accord due to family concerns and football being past his prime.

Caught off-guard by the move, Snyder hired Zorn. Another bad move by Snyder.

So, it isn't all fire and brimstone the past 10 years. Clearly the team has stunk with the expection of a few of the Gibbs years. However, in tow in all these years besides the Shottenheimer year was Vinny. He's gone now. It's an entirely new regime and time. Most fans shall temper their expectations, which they should due to recent history. In all these years Snyder has changed, little by little, whether some want to believe it or not.

The first years of the Dan Snyder era are a bit blurry to me, so humor me.

Why did Norviepoo blow Jupiter's balls? Didn't he have a winning record here when he was fired? :confused:

Not busting anyones balls, just trying to understand what I may be missing, especially since I'm not a Skins fan. :smile:

BuddyLee

Football addict
The first years of the Dan Snyder era are a bit blurry to me, so humor me.

Why did Norviepoo blow Jupiter's balls? Didn't he have a winning record here when he was fired? :confused:

Not busting anyones balls, just trying to understand what I may be missing, especially since I'm not a Skins fan. :smile:
Not great. 49-59-1 during his tenure. His highlight was the 1999 season where the team went 10-6 and beat the Lions in the wild card round before losing to the Buccs in the divisional round. The following year the team went 8-8 and he was fired before seasons end.

The first years of the Dan Snyder era were a joke. He was an immature prick in over his head. There are a bunch of stories from former players, coaches, owners and employees noting his blatant immature stunts. This is part of the reason why the guy is loathed around the league, let alone his own teams fan base. Since Gibbs, I think he's learned a bit here and there. Granted, he's not the greatest still but two things are for certain: 1) he wants a winner. 2) he's willing to spend.

I think he steps aside for Shanahan as he did with Shottenheimer in the beginning of his tenure and with Gibbs his entire tenure. The fans and former players have spoken this year, he has no choice.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Not great. 49-59-1 during his tenure. His highlight was the 1999 season where the team went 10-6 and beat the Lions in the wild card round before losing to the Buccs in the divisional round. The following year the team went 8-8 and he was fired before seasons end.

The first years of the Dan Snyder era were a joke. He was an immature prick in over his head. There are a bunch of stories from former players, coaches, owners and employees noting his blatant immature stunts. This is part of the reason why the guy is loathed around the league, let alone his own teams fan base. Since Gibbs, I think he's learned a bit here and there. Granted, he's not the greatest still but two things are for certain: 1) he wants a winner. 2) he's willing to spend.

I think he steps aside for Shanahan as he did with Shottenheimer in the beginning of his tenure and with Gibbs his entire tenure. The fans and former players have spoken this year, he has no choice.

So why do you think it is that Turner wasn't all that here, but has seemed to find success in SD?

BuddyLee

Football addict
So why do you think it is that Turner wasn't all that here, but has seemed to find success in SD?
San Diego was a success before Turner got there and it will continue to be a success if Turner left now.

There's just too much young raw talent on that team. The success of the San Diego Chargers has more to do with their general manager than their head coach.

Shawn

loooool

the greatest of coaches are supported by FO staff and if you think that most owners aren't involved in FO and personnel you're sadly mistaken

the only person who had great control over Snyderatto was Schotty and Gibbs.. Schotty got iced after a year unjustifiably and Gibbs brought in some horrible FA picks in his 2nd reign.. Gibbs owes a lot of his success to Beathard

BuddyLee

Football addict
lol @ you if you don't believe that he and Allen don't have contract clauses stating that they can straight walk with pay if this happens
Yeah. If one thing is for certain about Shanahan it's that he's a control freak.