Shaq is a stand up guy

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Finding that a bit hard to swallow, as he is spokesperson for many different companies, and his face is plastered everywhere on commercials for all kinds of products. As long as he's doing those commercials, his celeb status remains intact.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You know what? Forget I said that. Forget I even posted this thread. Every time I get sucked into thinking some celebrity is okay, they turn around do something terrible. Not one single time have they been a good person and stayed that way.

Shaq sucks. Ptooey!

Hijinx

Celebrities are like everyone else , some good, some bad.

Many are bad all of the time while no one who is good is always good.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I wasn't implying he wasn't a good guy, just that he's "renouncing" celeb status, but with his visibility, that's just not possible. All of his commercials are based on his celeb status. The only way to fully renounce is to completely drop all endorsements, but that would mean his income goes bye-bye. Not happening.

black dog

Free America
You know what? Forget I said that. Forget I even posted this thread. Every time I get sucked into thinking some celebrity is okay, they turn around do something terrible. Not one single time have they been a good person and stayed that way.

Shaq sucks. Ptooey!

Yep. Its a terrible thing to have a mom and then a stepfather point you in the right direction and succeed in America... What a shame...
Haters gonna Hate.....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yep. Its a terrible thing to have a mom and then a stepfather point you in the right direction and succeed in America... What a shame...
Haters gonna Hate.....

I just want to keep him that way and not jinx him with praise and admiration.

black dog

Free America
I wasn't implying he wasn't a good guy, just that he's "renouncing" celeb status, but with his visibility, that's just not possible. All of his commercials are based on his celeb status. The only way to fully renounce is to completely drop all endorsements, but that would mean his income goes bye-bye. Not happening.

Funny how some blend it and live normal lives while being wealthy.
Redford and Newman set examples out in public.
Melloncamp walks the small towns of southern Indiana like anybody else. You see them in Spencers Hardware stores and restaurants...
Plenty of wealthy folks out there and nobody has a clue.

PeoplesElbow

Funny how some blend it and live normal lives while being wealthy.
Redford and Newman set examples out in public.
Melloncamp walks the small towns of southern Indiana like anybody else. You see them in Spencers Hardware stores and restaurants...
Plenty of wealthy folks out there and nobody has a clue.
I saw Al Sharpton in a walmart believe it or not.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Shaw is at least entertaining. Watching some of the roles he plays in commercials, you can see he doesn't take himself seriously.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

It's those millionaires that we don't hear about, who are truly altruistic in their giving, help, or service to others, who are deserving of praise.