Share Your 2004 Election Saga Story Here!

Lilly

The Original Lilly
Lilly said:
No, no, no . . it is the high Republican voter turnout which is to blame . . they are making the lines so long that it is intimidating the oppressed Democratic voters who have to choose between standing in line to vote or standing in line for thier welfare and food stamps . . .

Oh my god . . . I swear I thought I was being sarcastic . . . .
http://www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp?S=2510962

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Got to Town Creek Elementary at 0910 and there were about 40 people in line total. There were 7 machines and it went very smooth. I was out of there by 0925. Not too many pollers (2 tables with about 4 Democrats and only 1 Republican, but she was handing out free stickers :banana: ) I counted how many folks were below the age of 30 and there were 3.

I already posted this earlier this morning, but some jackazz stole my "Bush Cheney '04" sign out of my yard yesterday..It really pizzed me off...Made a really tacky spray paint on plywood sign to replace it though. :patriot:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Hot N Bothered said:
I heard on the news this morning that nationwide, the prediction was for 56% voter turnout, as opposed to 51% 4 years ago.

That's pretty damn pathetic.

Actually when I got to my voting location in St. Mary's last night, I had a 30 minute wait in line, and while waiting talked to the Women's League of Voters. They said voter turn out at that time was 69.5% for the county and the voting had not stopped since they opened the doors and were looking at (with an hour to go) a possible 80% voter turn out if the flow kept up. They said last presidential election the county had under 51% voter turn out. Pretty impressive.

fttrsbeerwench

migtig said:
Actually when I got to my voting location in St. Mary's last night, I had a 30 minute wait in line, and while waiting talked to the Women's League of Voters. They said voter turn out at that time was 69.5% for the county and the voting had not stopped since they opened the doors and were looking at (with an hour to go) a possible 80% voter turn out if the flow kept up. They said last presidential election the county had under 51% voter turn out. Pretty impressive.

That really IS impressive!

I went to GMHS, was done voting in about ten minutes and even changed my address and party affiliation, I decided I was tired of getting all the democratic junkmail in my box, and I am talking about loads and loads!!! Hopefully the GREENS will choose to send me emails and recycled paper instead of cutting down more trees just to get their message out.