sharing a message

chatter

Make A Difference
Hello,

Considering the current case, publicized last week, involving an infant and inflicted abusive head trauma in Charles County, I feel the need to further share this message with all parents.

Parents educate yourselves and ANYONE who cares for your bundle of joy about the dangers of shaking young children; don’t assume that people know that shaking a baby is dangerous. Education equals Prevention and this will help you protect your most valued treasure.

For more information regarding Shaken Baby Syndrome visit www.dontshake.com

chatter<-----new here

chatter

Make A Difference
Thanks for the welcome:eek:) Since our hospitals don't educate please keep passing this information around!! I am on a mission!!!!!

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
I have a long time friend who's ex hubby shook their 9 month old son for crying too much. Christopher is now 16 and severely ( I mean severely!!!!)mentally handicapped. Has the mind of MAYBE a toddler.

And the ex hubby that did it only got 6 months in jail. :ohwell:

Oh and welcome chatter...

chatter

Make A Difference
Our justice system also disheartens me. It’s repulsive that a convicted child abuser be allowed to live among us. In many cases a child that survives a violent shaking will NEVER walk, talk, get married, ride a bike, play sports and the NEVERS go on and on. This is child abuse in its most horrific form and many surviving SBS victims are only capable of breathing, so perhaps life without the possibility of parole would be more appropriate.

If it were an adult who was the victim of the same crime perps would get harsher sentences but since these are children it doesn't seem to matter. I guess children aren't viewed as a productive member of society.<--My mission is to change that and to educate people. Our system makes me sick. I read case after case about perps committing these heinous acts of violence against children and yet they are back on the streets.

I plan on attending the trial of the 19 year old mother. I'm curious to see how these people are able to get away with this.

I understand what your friend must be feeling. I also have a friend whose child was shaken and he functions at about a 3 mon. old level, he's 8 now. I've personally been touched by SBS but my little guy is one of the very lucky ones and we thank god everyday!

chatter