She is so annoying

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
http://www.wcnc.com/story/entertain...is-living-on-food-stamps-for-a-week/25594439/

Gwyneth Paltrow has been challenged to live on $29 a week per person for groceries - what SNAP recipients get. So what does she do? She makes guacamole with organic corn tortillas.

:lol:

She inadvertently highlights a couple of things:

1) Hollywood elitists are so freaking out of touch;
2) $29 per person can actually buy you a chit ton of food (if you're not buying guacamole ingredients).

PsyOps

Pixelated
She could have bought lobster and sushi.

[video=youtube;bP_izYhdehY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP_izYhdehY[/video]

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
Does it really surprise anyone that she shops like a rich person?

Dried legumes, rice, a bit of quinoa or other whole grain (from the bulk aisle), dozen eggs, eat like a champ. Forget animal protein unless there's a great sale.

There isn't a ton of variation you can do with those limited ingredients. I bet limes are expensive in NYC relative to many other areas of the country.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
She just thinks it's cute to be doing this. If she really cared, she'd be lecturing these people on the ills of public assistance. It will not help raise you out of poverty and only serves to make perpetual slaves out of you and the taxpayer. That is the lesson she should carry.

I remember when Martin Sheen spent the night in a box in NYC to bring attention to the homelessness there and when he crawled from boxy abode the next morning to all sorts of news crews he declared that he "now knows what it is like to be homeless."

No you moose knuckle, you don't. You really, really don't.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The S in SNAP is supplemental. That money is suppose to be in addition to what they are already spending for food.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
She just thinks it's cute to be doing this. If she really cared, she'd be lecturing these people on the ills of public assistance. It will not help raise you out of poverty and only serves to make perpetual slaves out of you and the taxpayer. That is the lesson she should carry.

I remember when Martin Sheen spent the night in a box in NYC to bring attention to the homelessness there and when he crawled from boxy abode the next morning to all sorts of news crews he declared that he "now knows what it is like to be homeless."

No you moose knuckle, you don't. You really, really don't.

Yup. This is to support the NYC food bank, all these rich celebrities "living on" $29/week for groceries. They could each individually fund the food bank for a year and it wouldn't even put a dent in their lifestyle. Gwyneth could feed an awful lot of poor people with her annual spa day budget. But no....instead they do these insulting publicity stunts.

tommyjo

Yup. This is to support the NYC food bank, all these rich celebrities "living on" $29/week for groceries. They could each individually fund the food bank for a year and it wouldn't even put a dent in their lifestyle. Gwyneth could feed an awful lot of poor people with her annual spa day budget. But no....instead they do these insulting publicity stunts.

That's an interesting viewpoint. Why do you hold only celebrities accountable on this?

Gwyneth does a "stunt" by living on $29 a day. How is her stunt different from you (or anyone) going to a spaghetti dinner or 5k walk to support the local fire department or "fight" cancer? None of the stunts will solve the problem, now will it?

We have the money and brainpower to solve problems in this country. We choose not to because it might be painful...or it might cost us a few bucks...or some might get over on the system.

PeoplesElbow

That's an interesting viewpoint. Why do you hold only celebrities accountable on this?

Gwyneth does a "stunt" by living on $29 a day. How is her stunt different from you (or anyone) going to a spaghetti dinner or 5k walk to support the local fire department or "fight" cancer? None of the stunts will solve the problem, now will it?

We have the money and brainpower to solve problems in this country. We choose not to because it might be painful...or it might cost us a few bucks...or some might get over on the system.

The difference is when you or I go to a spagetti dinner the point is to raise money. Is anything Gwyneth doing helping anyone other than her need for attention?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Because when you go to a spaghetti dinner or do a walk/run there is money involved and that money goes to the charity in question. If Gwyneth did a challenge to all her fellow rich celebrities to fund a food bank, or give money to homeless shelters, I'd be impressed. As it stands, she's making a pretense of living like poor people and complaining that $29/week isn't enough to fund her organic Cinco de Mayo snacks.

The other thing that torks my jaws is that she is trying to bring awareness to the food poverty issue so that *we* will donate money - yet she has way more money than most of us have ever dreamed of and she's not kicking in a dime. It's hypocritical elitist bull####.

And no, none of those things will solve the problem but we're a nation of idiots who "must do something!! :drama:" so we waste our time with futile gestures that don't amount to a hill of ####, but it makes us feel good about ourselves.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Because when you go to a spaghetti dinner or do a walk/run there is money involved and that money goes to the charity in question. If Gwyneth did a challenge to all her fellow rich celebrities to fund a food bank, or give money to homeless shelters, I'd be impressed. As it stands, she's making a pretense of living like poor people and complaining that $29/week isn't enough to fund her organic Cinco de Mayo snacks.

The other thing that torks my jaws is that she is trying to bring awareness to the food poverty issue so that *we* will donate money - yet she has way more money than most of us have ever dreamed of and she's not kicking in a dime. It's hypocritical elitist bull####.

:yeahthat:

mitzi

Exactly - which is why Gwyneth is to be mocked and shamed.

Didn't she say something awhile back about she knows what it's like to be a working mom or some ignorant statement like that. She needs to go away and just shut up. I don't understand why she's so popular, she's not that great of an actress.

PeoplesElbow

Didn't she say something awhile back about she knows what it's like to be a working mom or some ignorant statement like that. She needs to go away and just shut up. I don't understand why she's so popular, she's not that great of an actress.

I actually use to like her, back in the 90's before she started opening her mouth.

SG_Player1974

Please don't tell me that Vrai is calling a specific person out from a certain section of society and actually "hating" on that person.....

She doesnt do that! :sarcasm:

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Getting back on subject. Isn't that wood-burning stove the diva is so proud of making polluting and actually illegal to operate in So California?

terbear1225

Id respect her more if she said she would be donating the money she would normally spend per week above the $29 dollars to a food bank.