#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Hank...Sally......
good direction.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In Hank's defense, I think he forgot the dripping with sarcasm thingy. At least that's how I thought he meant it.

AND he was responding to SGPlayer's nonsense, which is really where the thread started going off track.

But speaking of poor people food, I'm madly in love with ramen and eat it often. I'm in Austin, TX and tonight we're going to an authentic ramen restaurant for dinner. YUM!!!

JeJeTe

Happiness
AND he was responding to SGPlayer's nonsense, which is really where the thread started going off track.

But speaking of poor people food, I'm madly in love with ramen and eat it often. I'm in Austin, TX and tonight we're going to an authentic ramen restaurant for dinner. YUM!!!

I think there is a whole website devoted to Ramen noodles too, FYI.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer

Bf and I hit up a delicious ramen spot in adam's morgan. SO GOOD. the pork belly in it was amazing. Next time, triple pork belly :drool:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The forums are like a box of chocolates...18 pages and I had to go back, several times, to see how this latest melee got started... :lol:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I always thought they were called Soba shops. Many service members stationed in Okinawa speak fondly of them.

SG_Player1974

AND he was responding to SGPlayer's calling me on my hypocritical BS, which is really where the thread started going off track.

Fixed that for ya'

Good to see you both enjoying your vacations....
In Texas....
With each other...
Posting on here....
Within minutes of each other...

Must be a hoot! :yay:

SamSpade

As for Gwyneth Paltrow, she is just the latest in the Susan Sarandon mindset of liberal rich folks who need to tell us poor ignorant blue collar middle class how we should act. After all she is a celebrity, and can read the words others write for her.

Among a LOT of things - I really can't stand it when someone who has *NEVER* known the slightest twinge of poverty or struggle pretends to understand what it is like - or decides to lecture the rest of us about what we know already.

The thing that makes poverty sting is not that you don't have things - heck, people go CAMPING and do that. Being poor sucks when you don't have a choice; it sucks when you know it's not going to end. Gwyneth can "play" poor for a day and tell herself she understands it - but she can go back to her rich, self-indulgent life. She'd understand better if she came back and found it was all gone.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Among a LOT of things - I really can't stand it when someone who has *NEVER* known the slightest twinge of poverty or struggle pretends to understand what it is like - or decides to lecture the rest of us about what we know already.

And for those that have worked their butts off pulling themselves out of poverty, the last thing they want is to go back there. Just ask Oprah if she does any of this crap. Instead she uses her own resources to help others; while still living the lavish life she deserves.

And this conversation can’t be had without talking about REAL poverty. I’ll bet not one American alive has experienced true poverty. While we have set a standard to define where that line is, it is still far above anything other places in the world know as poverty.

SG_Player1974

I had the privilege of spending a few months in South America. Columbia, Venezuela, Ecuador, and Peru. There are some POOR people down there. People do desperate things just to ensure that they can eat. I agree that our standard of "poor" is probably quite rich compared to most others.

As for Paltrow... I really don't fault her at all. At least she did SOMETHING to bring the problem to light. Whether it was right, wrong, or just plain dumb... it got people talking about the subject which is more than most people do.

mamatutu

mama to two
:killingme:It sounds to me like she 'met' you and you were totally ####ly.while she may not be able to claim she 'knows' you from that interaction, she could certainly form an opinion about you from that meeting.

The infamous Meet & Greet to which you refer is well documented. :coffee:

As are the others. The many posts where you lash out and me (and/ or Vrai) because we call you out on your BS are well documented so anyone who cares to search can find them.

To save time:

http://forums.somd.com/threads/249351-Friday-June-29?p=4856837&viewfull=1#post4856837

That was the first thread where you showed up at the M & G. No time to search the others now, it will have to wait until later after work.

Interesting choice of words...

Oh kettle.... I hear the pot callin'

Elitist-------------Bwahahahahaha

Vrai you should be enjoying your vacation & grandkids! I'm getting stressed just reading this thread so its got to be stressing you out :lol:

I read that thread and I dont see anywhere that she goes off on you or Vrai. She said she was happy to have met you guys and appologized for previous encounters...neither of you responded :shrug:

It's a lot simpler than all that. I made the mistake of showing up in my Richard Simmons look-a-like getup and....well....

And you are correct that neither of us responded.

However, ignoring her did nothing to deter her crap, so one day I had enough of it and told her so.

Really, this thread is about Gwyneth Paltrow?? I read it backwards and only part way through and thought is was about MMTT. The header read like it fit.

I typed the word "idiot" in my google bar... it brought me here!

So many great responses, I couldn't pick one. Trying to keep this thread as short as possible. Oh, and I highly recommend body cams to anyone that goes to a meet and greet!

:roflmao: