Sheehi Paving in Huntingtown?

colecole

Has anyone ever used or heard anything about the quality of Sheehi Paving in Huntingtown? Their estimate comes out to about $14/sq. yd., which seems competitive, but I've never seen their work.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
colecole said:
Has anyone ever used or heard anything about the quality of Sheehi Paving in Huntingtown? Their estimate comes out to about $14/sq. yd., which seems competitive, but I've never seen their work.

Try Tri-County they do a wonderful job and have been able to beat everyone else's price by hundreds..

willie

I don't know if you spelled the company name correctly but you may want to be sure they are licensed and bonded.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Tri County Paving Inc
4240 Woodmont Lane, Waldorf, MD 20601

phone: (301) 705-5551

Professional Paving At Reasonable Rates, Professional Driveways Patios & Sidewalks, MHIC #121065, Residential Driveways, Seal Coating, Commercial Parking Lots, Locally Owned And Operated

:confused: Why do you know something about them I don't ???

willie

sanchezf said:
Tri County Paving Inc
4240 Woodmont Lane, Waldorf, MD 20601

phone: (301) 705-5551

Professional Paving At Reasonable Rates, Professional Driveways Patios & Sidewalks, MHIC #121065, Residential Driveways, Seal Coating, Commercial Parking Lots, Locally Owned And Operated

:confused: Why do you know something about them I don't ???
No, it's a legitimate license number. I just never heard of them. It seems like most of the gypsy scammers do driveways for some reason.

Nitro

colecole said:

I am in the process of researching comp's to pave my driveway. Here are the #'s I've gathered thus far. I'm paving about 2,000 sqft so these estimates are for that size job. Volume discounts usually apply.

Joseph Marini
aprox. $1.56 sqft/recommended to me by a trusted General Contractor/willing to install drains if desired (you can buy drain parts and they will install or they can do it all)/$95 for 2K sqft Calcium Chloride (CC) treatment under driveway to deter weeds/.31 cents sqft for sealer (i have to re-verify this..2X as much as others have quoted me)/1yr guarantee/very professional-returned all phone calls.

Tri-County
aprox. $1.35 sqft/?? on CC treatment/.15 cents sqft for sealer/no drains (too busy)/1yr guarantee/no complaints on customer service..returned all phone calls

Frederick Hand Paving
aprox. $1.65 sqft/no drains (too busy)/.15 cents sqft for sealer/quoted aprox $25 for CC treatment/1yr guarantee/ very professional estimators..returned all phone calls

Hope this helps

Nitro said:
I am in the process of researching comp's to pave my driveway. Here are the #'s I've gathered thus far. I'm paving about 2,000 sqft so these estimates are for that size job. Volume discounts usually apply.

Joseph Marini
aprox. $1.56 sqft/recommended to me by a trusted General Contractor/willing to install drains if desired (you can buy drain parts and they will install or they can do it all)/$95 for 2K sqft Calcium Chloride (CC) treatment under driveway to deter weeds/.31 cents sqft for sealer (i have to re-verify this..2X as much as others have quoted me)/1yr guarantee/very professional-returned all phone calls.

Tri-County
aprox. $1.35 sqft/?? on CC treatment/.15 cents sqft for sealer/no drains (too busy)/1yr guarantee/no complaints on customer service..returned all phone calls

Frederick Hand Paving
aprox. $1.65 sqft/no drains (too busy)/.15 cents sqft for sealer/quoted aprox $25 for CC treatment/1yr guarantee/ very professional estimators..returned all phone calls

Hope this helps

Frederick Hand did our driveway! :yay: Great job!

OrneryPest

lower life form
Nitro said:

Joseph Marini

Tri-County

Frederick Hand Paving

Hope this helps
Great info! I'm gonna have about 300 sq.ft. added to my driveway (I'm sure their per-sq-ft rate will be higher for such a small job) and maybe I'll go with Tri-County. Copenhaver did the original driveway, did an excellent job but their price was sorta high, I think. Long time ago so I don't remember exactly.

saddlemount

Mudslinger
I called all of the paving companies mentioned/recommended in SOMD, and only Sheehi has returned my call. I will say they seem more professional than the others - a receptionist answered the phone promptly and politely. Most of the others seemed to be a phone in some guy's house with an answering machine attached.

By the way, Sheehi resurfaced my neighbor's driveway - approx 200 feet with a large oval turnaround at the top, and it looks great. Anyway they're supposed to come out & give me an estimate.

- SM