Sheetz in Great Mills Closes After Employee Positive for COVID-19

Louise

But again, how many total deaths are we above average from a normal year? 125000 COVID deaths, but many of those are a one to one trade off as normal annual deaths.

Exactly. This Covid flu is the the fourth worst flu during the record keeping in the USA. For example, I did not die in 1968, even though some members wish I had. :lol: This mask thing reminds me of Communist China that has done that for years now. Welcome to America.

Jurgo

You are probably not used to talking to patriots, military, conservatives, and people that want to see The USA succeed,; and not fall because of the bullpoop of it all. It is in our face now; pun intended. There is nothing wrong with staying vigilant. All the crap that is going on is because the liberal leapfrog communists want power over the people. They will face the fight of their lives. :patriot:

I could not agree more and am sorry that I gave or give any other impression. I love this country, the strong and brave men and women who protect it, and all of the hard working folks that keep it running. I thank God daily for the opportunities afforded to me and my fellow patriots merely for being citizens here and have zero intentions of letting today’s overblown panic about a little cold prevent us from continuing our God-mandated destiny.

Louise

I could not agree more and am sorry that I gave or give any other impression. I love this country, the strong and brave men and women who protect it, and all of the hard working folks that keep it running. I thank God daily for the opportunities afforded to me and my fellow patriots merely for being citizens here and have zero intentions of letting today’s overblown panic about a little cold prevent us from continuing our God-mandated destiny.

:patriot:

Goldenhawk

But again, how many total deaths are we above average from a normal year? 125000 COVID deaths, but many of those are a one to one trade off as normal annual deaths.
No, that's actually quite incorrect. From 16 Feb to 02 May, it is estimated (see links below) that there were about 96,000 deaths MORE THAN USUAL in the United States; that's a very high percentage more than usual, and not readily explained as within a normal fluctuation. Of those, 70,000 (remember, that was two months ago, and there have been many more since then) were officially assessed as due to COVID-19. There were about 26K other unexplained excess deaths. Those could be undiagnosed COVID, or suicides from people depressed about being locked up, or deferred medical care due to fear, or other things people have complained about the social lockdowns being harmful. At any rate, as of 02 May, there were far more deaths than normal. Some scientists have theorized many of those people would have died relatively soon (as old sick people were hardest hit); we won't know unless we see death rates FALL below normal in the near future. But even if so, it would indicate many, many lost years of life from people dying earlier than they should have.

This is a good and recent summary of the "excess death" way of assessing COVID-19.

This article puts the excess deaths on a vertical scale and compares the numbers to other natural disasters. Annoying layout but sobering data.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/06/10/world/coronavirus-history.html

This extremely scientific article discusses the statistical underpinnings of the excess deaths metric, including its accuracy due to varying reporting quality from various countries.

Clem72

I'm waiting to hear about the number of "recoveries" that will have permanent impaired lung function. Going to be a lot of people walking around with oxygen tanks in the coming years.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'm waiting to hear about the number of "recoveries" that will have permanent impaired lung function. Going to be a lot of people walking around with oxygen tanks in the coming years.
Have also read of damage to other organs occurring, heart, kidneys and pancreas being mentioned.
That last really concerns me, as I am a pancreatic cancer survivor.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Honestly, with your medical history, if it were me I'd be very reluctant to work where you do everyday. Stay safe.
I am reluctant, but fortunately, being the self checkout cashier, I'm able to keep socially distant much of the time. My mask and bottle of hand sanitizer are my besties at work. I keep the job to pay down the last bits of non-mortgage debt we racked up while my wife was out of work from August 1996 - August 2012 due to PTSD and other effects of her service connected disabilities. Have that down to a manageable level I think, may make it to my 18th anniversary with Lowe's this fall, then turn in my notice.

Thanks to whatever Power there may be, she got better and found a job doing what she used to do as a USAF officer at Pax River..

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Have also read of damage to other organs occurring, heart, kidneys and pancreas being mentioned.
Just saw this on the local news. There is severe long term damage to the lungs from COVID even in non-symptomatic patients. Very sobering. I, for one, will do everything I can to avoid this infection. I do not need this crap haunting me later in life.

Hank

my war
Closed again

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200706-180743.png
    Screenshot_20200706-180743.png
    645.8 KB · Views: 101

Jurgo

Let’s all show up without our masks, gang! When they reopen we can show we support them and don’t buy into this Covid crap!!

mitzi

In one week, I know 7 people that are sick and tested positive (none in the area). Tonight I found out a cousin in FL is sick and tested positive. So far, luckily these people have the minor symptoms.

Jurgo

In one week, I know 7 people that are sick and tested positive (none in the area). Tonight I found out a cousin in FL is sick and tested positive. So far, luckily these people have the minor symptoms.

So you’ve identified 8 people who are in on this conspiracy. Good work. Stay strong and burn all masks.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
That's the key. People get sick and they get over it. They're not dying in high numbers.

Dr. Scott Atlas (I've posted about him here a few times) says that many people getting the virus is creating "herd immunity", which is exactly what you want to happen. The people who are the most at risk are those over 70 and those who are immuno-compromised (much like other very serious viruses /illness like Flu, Pnemonia, etc.).

The media is overblowing this. AGAIN.

PeoplesElbow

That's the key. People get sick and they get over it. They're not dying in high numbers.

Dr. Scott Atlas (I've posted about him here a few times) says that many people getting the virus is creating "herd immunity", which is exactly what you want to happen. The people who are the most at risk are those over 70 and those who are immuno-compromised (much like other very serious viruses /illness like Flu, Pnemonia, etc.).

The media is overblowing this. AGAIN.
From what I read a while back the antibodies in our system go away fairly quickly and any immunity we may develop could be short lived.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
From what I read a while back the antibodies in our system go away fairly quickly and any immunity we may develop could be short lived.
Sources? No offense, and I'm not being snarky, but Dr.Scott Atlas is with the Hoover Institute at Stanford. He has the creds. I linked him here on the forums a while back if you want to search for him.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Is Covid 19 the special exception or does this apply to Other Viruses .... like having to get a yearly Flu Shot

PeoplesElbow

No offense taken, but I know there are diseases that we do not develope immunity to. I hope people do become immune for good, but I ain't going to bet on it.