Shep Smith is getting REALZ about Hurricane Matthew

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I have the news on in background, and Shep is literally (and appropriately) putting the absolute fear of God into viewers. "Get out, or you WILL die; your kids WILL die; your pets WILL die ..." :yikes:

Of course, there will be a bunch of knuckleheads who will be all:lalala:... and I hope that Gov. Scott is serious about his "we won't come get you once this hits" warning. It is NOT fair to ask someone else to save your ass when you were too ignorant to get out when you were warned ... ESPECIALLY after Katrina!

crabcake

"Don't let your children die in your house ... because you hoped it wouldn't be that bad."

Shep normally gets on my nerves, but he IS telling people what they NEED to hear about this storm. Hope to hell they listen! :frown:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
"Don't let your children die in your house ... because you hoped it wouldn't be that bad."

Shep normally gets on my nerves, but he IS telling people what they NEED to hear about this storm. Hope to hell they listen! :frown:

Shep creeps me right the hell out. Anyway, Matthew is to Central FL what Andrew was to South FL. This storm is enormous. I don't know why they'd even compare it to Katrina. Katrina was bad, but it was more the flooding. Andrew flattened south FL, and that's what Central FL will look like after Matthew is done.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sea...1600/6+Hurricane+Andrew+1992.jpg&action=close

crabcake

I know; he is an ass! But he is telling people what they need to hear right now - GET OUT! He's on now talking to a friend/family member of his who is staying put down there, and he's talking sh!t to her live on the air.

I just called my ex-h's grandfather who lives down near Jacksonville to check on him and make sure he has a plan. I'm so worried about him - older, lives alone, and in a trailer. :yikes: And I have several friends and coworkers in Port St. Lucie, Melbourne and near Miami ... so worried about them all. :frown:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I know; he is an ass! But he is telling people what they need to hear right now - GET OUT! He's on now talking to a friend/family member of his who is staying put down there, and he's talking sh!t to her live on the air.

I just called my ex-h's grandfather who lives down near Jacksonville to check on him and make sure he has a plan. I'm so worried about him - older, lives alone, and in a trailer. :yikes: And I have several friends and coworkers in Port St. Lucie, Melbourne and near Miami ... so worried about them all. :frown:

We have relatives all over FL, so we're watching it pretty closely, too.

crabcake

Death toll now 280+ with most being in Haiti. This is NO joke.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My buddy that lives in Melbourne just got his power back yesterday and reported in. A real ho-hummer of an event for the central Florida coast; he and his neighbors had a lot of vegetation to clean up and that was about it.

North of there..different story. St. Augustine a mess...Hilton Head a mess...the Carolinas, really a mess. Even the southernmost part of Virginia is experiencing bad flooding; sis brought mom up from Brosville yesterday and had to travel west on 58 because it was closed to the east. 95 was also closed.

crabcake

I shared (from someone else) these pics earlier tonight on FB of the Cape Fear River in Fayetteville. The flooding here in NC is absolutely devastating, and it's not over yet. Rivers are cresting this evening, a couple of dams are on the verge of breach ... it's really bad. :frown:

Before Matthew:
image.jpg

After Matthew:
image.jpg

I shared (from someone else) these pics earlier tonight on FB of the Cape Fear River in Fayetteville. The flooding here in NC is absolutely devastating, and it's not over yet. Rivers are cresting this evening, a couple of dams are on the verge of breach ... it's really bad. :frown:

Are you personally in danger's way?

crabcake

Are you personally in danger's way?

No, not any more. Personally, where my home is, the only water nearby is a tiny creek about a quarter mile away and 200' downhill. Biggest threat to my home during the hurricane was the wind since I have trees all around my home. I have a few friends whose homes & property were damaged by flood waters, some still in danger due to cresting rivers and dams on the verge of collapse, and I am currently housing a friend of DQ's who has been without power since Saturday and it's not thought to come back on till this weekend.

No, not any more. Personally, where my home is, the only water nearby is a tiny creek about a quarter mile away and 200' downhill. Biggest threat to my home during the hurricane was the wind since I have trees all around my home. I have a few friends whose homes & property were damaged by flood waters, some still in danger due to cresting rivers and dams on the verge of collapse, and I am currently housing a friend of DQ's who has been without power since Saturday and it's not thought to come back on till this weekend.
Glad you're ok.