Sheriff Cameron struck by firetruck

dgates80

Land of the lost
http://smnewsnet.com/archives/392864/sheriff-cameron-struck-by-a-fire-truck-in-clements/

Reported taken to hospital with leg injuries. Sure hope he is ok! Pretty cool that the "top cop" would pitch in and work the accident scene like that.

// joking mode on //
Hmmm... Maybe a little hostility between the Clements Volunteer Fire guys and the sheriff office? But really guys, did you have to run over the sheriff to make your point? A little over the top don't ya think? Heck, now we are gonna see fire trucks pulled over for speeding and excessive lighting!

awpitt

Main Streeter
http://smnewsnet.com/archives/392864/sheriff-cameron-struck-by-a-fire-truck-in-clements/

Reported taken to hospital with leg injuries. Sure hope he is ok! Pretty cool that the "top cop" would pitch in and work the accident scene like that.

// joking mode on //
Hmmm... Maybe a little hostility between the Clements Volunteer Fire guys and the sheriff office? But really guys, did you have to run over the sheriff to make your point? A little over the top don't ya think? Heck, now we are gonna see fire trucks pulled over for speeding and excessive lighting!

He's always been very hands on. Hope he's okay.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Glad to read the Sheriff's injuries were relatively minor and the driver was cited.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
Well wishes sent everyone's way.....
Exactly how is this accomplished? Telepathy? FedEx? Local courier? 1-800-Flowers? I've always wondered if this is just a standard, (an "I care" post), statement, or is there actual actionable sentiment behind it?

Other than that, this is just another shiat happens moment. It's a hectic accident scene where all involved, Sheriff included, had a responsibility to maintain situational awareness and to ensure the proper placement of apparatus. Where was the firetruck driver's lookout? To ticket the driver is just plain stupid. And why was the victim placed on the tailgate of the wrecked truck? Is that SOP? To triage a patient on a wreaked, possibly leaking fuel, seriously damaged truck? No, in this case, the Sheriff was wrong. The patient should have been placed on the ground away from the truck and then looked after.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
If I may ...Exactly how is this accomplished? Telepathy? FedEx? Local courier? 1-800-Flowers? I've always wondered if this is just a standard, (an "I care" post), statement, or is there actual actionable sentiment behind it? Other than that, this is just another shiat happens moment. It's a hectic accident scene where all involved, Sheriff included, had a responsibility to maintain situational awareness and to ensure the proper placement of apparatus. Where was the firetruck driver's lookout? To ticket the driver is just plain stupid. And why was the victim placed on the tailgate of the wrecked truck? Is that SOP? To triage a patient on a wreaked, possibly leaking fuel, seriously damaged truck? No, in this case, the Sheriff was wrong. The patient should have been placed on the ground away from the truck and then looked after.

Did you read the link I provided? No where does it say that the sheriff placed her in the back of the pick up. Nor did it say who did.

Roman

If I may ...Exactly how is this accomplished? Telepathy? FedEx? Local courier? 1-800-Flowers? I've always wondered if this is just a standard, (an "I care" post), statement, or is there actual actionable sentiment behind it?

Other than that, this is just another shiat happens moment. It's a hectic accident scene where all involved, Sheriff included, had a responsibility to maintain situational awareness and to ensure the proper placement of apparatus. Where was the firetruck driver's lookout? To ticket the driver is just plain stupid. And why was the victim placed on the tailgate of the wrecked truck? Is that SOP? To triage a patient on a wreaked, possibly leaking fuel, seriously damaged truck? No, in this case, the Sheriff was wrong. The patient should have been placed on the ground away from the truck and then looked after.
Actually, the patient should not have been moved unless the vehicle was on fire or unstable. She probably got out of the vehicle herself anyway.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Standard "see me caring" well wishes to Sheriff Tim. :yay:

Glad he wasn't seriously injured. How'd you like to be the dumbass who ran over the Sheriff?

dave1959

http://smnewsnet.com/archives/392864/sheriff-cameron-struck-by-a-fire-truck-in-clements/ Reported taken to hospital with leg injuries. Sure hope he is ok! Pretty cool that the "top cop" would pitch in and work the accident scene like that. // joking mode on // Hmmm... Maybe a little hostility between the Clements Volunteer Fire guys and the sheriff office? But really guys, did you have to run over the sheriff to make your point? A little over the top don't ya think? Heck, now we are gonna see fire trucks pulled over for speeding and excessive lighting!

"Clements volunteer fire guys".... Who the hell are they ..?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I know Mr. Scully. He has been a life long VOLUNTEER of the Leonardtown Fire Station. This doesn't excuse negligence, but should be considered in the case. I pray that the Sheriff makes a quick recovery. I also pray for Mr. Scully. I'm sure he is feeling very remorseful about harming another.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
Did you read the link I provided? No where does it say that the sheriff placed her in the back of the pick up. Nor did it say who did.
From UPDATE 10:25 a.m. – A witness to the accident provided SMNEWSNET with the following description of the accident: “Sheriff Cameron was attending to the patient who was on the tailgate of a Chevrolet s-10 pickup, when the fire truck came on scene and turned to the right too soon after passing wrecked vehicle catching the Sheriff between the tailgate and the side of fire truck. He got pushed through and his lower legs took the hit”.

From the BayNet The operator was suffering from a leg injury and was placed on the tailgate of her vehicle to elevate her leg while waiting for emergency medical personnel to arrive. Sheriff Timothy K. Cameron arrived on the scene to assist deputies and was standing to the rear of the truck speaking to the injured operator.

If I may ...From UPDATE 10:25 a.m. – A witness to the accident provided SMNEWSNET with the following description of the accident: “Sheriff Cameron was attending to the patient who was on the tailgate of a Chevrolet s-10 pickup, when the fire truck came on scene and turned to the right too soon after passing wrecked vehicle catching the Sheriff between the tailgate and the side of fire truck. He got pushed through and his lower legs took the hit”.

From the BayNet The operator was suffering from a leg injury and was placed on the tailgate of her vehicle to elevate her leg while waiting for emergency medical personnel to arrive. Sheriff Timothy K. Cameron arrived on the scene to assist deputies and was standing to the rear of the truck speaking to the injured operator.
As Rose said, it does not say who placed her there. It does not say the Sheriff did.