Shetland Ponies anyone?

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Do you know what you're getting into? I'd suggest having a good chat with one of the horsey folks on the logistics, expense, and actual selection of a trustworthy pony. Good luck! I just picked up 2 for my kids and they are pushy little buggers who live to take advantage of you.

Attachments

• Misty web size.jpg
    Misty web size.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 125

Robin

Do you know what you're getting into? I'd suggest having a good chat with one of the horsey folks on the logistics, expense, and actual selection of a trustworthy pony. Good luck! I just picked up 2 for my kids and they are pushy little buggers who live to take advantage of you.

exactly....
may I suggest letting the little one go to one of the summer camp programs that usually last a week. AMIT A Moment in time farm in Leonardtown would be a great start. They provide the learning tools for a beginner to learn the basics and safety of being around ponies/horses. All the chores, and care that is a daily routine 365 days yr. The horse or pony purchase is the cheapest money put out. the upkeep and other items that go along with it can run into alot. board each month150self care means you provide feeding and care twice a day to full care 200-500 farrier every 4-8 weeks 30-120vetting100-800minimum twice a yr food avg 10 a bagfor feed 3.50-11.00 a bale for hay shelter fencing. they add up. think hard lessons are cheaper.30-40 a week or 2 times a month

Robin

sonsie how cute but they can be arnery little turds

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
sonsie how cute but they can be arnery little turds

Both mine are sweet natured, they don't bite or kick and follow me around like puppies. They were raised like pets though and have some bad ground manners which we are working on daily. Thankfully they are all business under saddle. They were used as birthday party ponies for years and are very calm around screaming kids, barking dogs, and general chaos.

Robin

Both mine are sweet natured, they don't bite or kick and follow me around like puppies. They were raised like pets though and have some bad ground manners which we are working on daily. Thankfully they are all business under saddle. They were used as birthday party ponies for years and are very calm around screaming kids, barking dogs, and general chaos.

There are some great ponys out there, but not all of them fall into that catagory. I wish I had the one I sold yrs ago back but she is a safe great little pony starting aother good rider. He was a 4 yr old and the pictures that were sent to me are priceless. Most manner problems can be fixed, just stick with it and you will be happy with the results.