Shingles support group

bcp

In My Opinion
it can be transmitted.
and it certain goes along with the singles support group.
maybe thats why people are single?

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Nanny Pam said:
:confused: "Dating & Marriage" ????

I had shingles once. I couldn't go through that again. I never, ever had pain like that. I'd rather die.
I had it once, but I was lucky enough that I had something else and they cancelled each other out.

Those vaccinated with the chicken pox vaccine are susceptible to developing shingles at some point in life the same as those who had the chicken pox virus as a child.

Qurious said:
question:

isn't Shingles associated with the Herpes virus?
Only by name... it is a reactivation of the Chicken Pox virus... LINK

Herpes zoster, colloquially known as shingles, is the reactivation of varicella zoster virus (VZV, primary infection of which leads to chicken pox), one of the Herpesviridae group, leading to a crop of painful blisters over the area of a dermatome. In Italy and in Malta, it is sometimes referred to as "St. Anthony's fire". [1]

And for those wondering...

Shingles cannot be passed from one person to another. However, the virus that causes shingles, VZV, can be spread from a person with active shingles to a person who has never had chickenpox through direct contact with the rash. The person exposed would then develop chickenpox, not shingles. The virus is not spread through sneezing, coughing or casual contact. A person with shingles can spread the disease when the rash is in the blister-phase. Once the rash has developed crusts, the person is no longer contagious. A person is not infectious before blisters appear or with post-herpetic neuralgia (pain after the rash is gone).

D

dems4me

kwillia said:
Those vaccinated with the chicken pox vaccine are susceptible to developing shingles at some point in life the same as those who had the chicken pox virus as a child.

Knock on wood, I've never had chicken pox :diva: My father didn't get it until he was in his 40s when my brother (in his 30s) got it for the first time and gave it to him. Only bad thing about never having it yet is I get paranoid if I start getting a rash or something... my first thought is OH NO!! Chicken pox!! I've got chicken pox :jameo: :jameo: :jameo: :lol:

dustin

UAIOE
my brother had shingles when he was 11 AND he played baseball that summer during the infection. we'd make fun of him whenever we all went to the store...

we'd ask him if he needed roofing nails. wha-wha-wha...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
dems4me said:
Knock on wood, I've never had chicken pox :diva: My father didn't get it until he was in his 40s when my brother (in his 30s) got it for the first time and gave it to him. Only bad thing about never having it yet is I get paranoid if I start getting a rash or something... my first thought is OH NO!! Chicken pox!! I've got chicken pox :jameo: :jameo: :jameo: :lol:

You SHOULD worry about getting chicken pox as the older you are that you get it, the worse it is. I got it when I was around 12 or 13 from kids I was babysitting after my mom told me I had had them. I missed the last MONTH of school and have a few pox scars to show for it. :ohwell:

D

dems4me

jazz lady said:
You SHOULD worry about getting chicken pox as the older you are that you get it, the worse it is. I got it when I was around 12 or 13 from kids I was babysitting after my mom told me I had had them. I missed the last MONTH of school and have a few pox scars to show for it. :ohwell:

I'm aware that at my age its a bad thing. That's why I freak if I ever get an itchy spot on my stomach or something. :jameo: :jameo: :lol: