Shipping and the DC area

OccamsRazor

Third time in about 6 months that I have had a package shipped to me and on the final days of delivery (somewhere in the DC area) I get a notification that the package was damaged and the delivery had to be cancelled, returned, and refunded! 3 different vendors but all seem to get "damaged" when they arrive in the local area (DC)

glhs837

Power with Control
Remember that case a long time ago when people were missing mail for years for down here and it turned out to be one location up the road got behind and rather than be late. they just tossed the mail bags into a trailer out back, and by the time it was uncovered, they had like three semis worth of stuff?

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Third time in about 6 months that I have had a package shipped to me and on the final days of delivery (somewhere in the DC area) I get a notification that the package was damaged and the delivery had to be cancelled, returned, and refunded! 3 different vendors but all seem to get "damaged" when they arrive in the local area (DC)
Who was the shipper? I tend to get the most damaged packages from FedEx.

willie

FedEx has done this recently two times. What makes it worse is they damage it in transit, Upper Marlboro refuses it and sends it back to the shipper. The shipper accepts it but on FedEx web site it says it was delivered OK to the customer. FedEx virtual customer service is absolutely worthless.

mitzi

I'm still waiting on a package originally shipped the end of July. USPS said it was delivered. It wasn't delivered to me. Contacted the company, a replacement was shipped. Same deal but this one was delivered to the wrong address. The company emailed me yesterday, the THIRD replacement is being shipped. Filing a missing package report with USPS is a waste of time. They claim the package was scanned and delivered. YES BUT TO THE WRONG ADDRESS. I hate USPS so bad, I have all my bills or anything important come to my email.

mdff2

USPS is really bad with delivery. I had a letter mailed in PF and going to an address in PF, it arrived 6 months later. A package sent from Ohio to PF had a tracking number attached to it. They said it was delivered, I checked the tracking and last place listed was out for delivery in Mississippi, never arrived in PF, cancelled the order.

BernieP

Resident PIA
USPS, FedEx or UPS delivery?
Had a problem with a package that went USPS, it was opened and the contents were removed, then sent along to the party that was waiting.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

Damn, ol' sonny boy sure has some anger issues. At least he was stupid enough to mug for the Ring camera or whatever on the door. He needs a boot to the ass and the unemployment line.

I'm still waiting on a package originally shipped the end of July. USPS said it was delivered. It wasn't delivered to me. Contacted the company, a replacement was shipped. Same deal but this one was delivered to the wrong address. The company emailed me yesterday, the THIRD replacement is being shipped. Filing a missing package report with USPS is a waste of time. They claim the package was scanned and delivered. YES BUT TO THE WRONG ADDRESS. I hate USPS so bad, I have all my bills or anything important come to my email.
You seem to have the worst luck with the PO. Didn't you have another package go MIA not too long ago? I've been very lucky with all my online purchases, coming USPS and UPS mostly. :knocksonwood:

mitzi

USPS, FedEx or UPS delivery?
Had a problem with a package that went USPS, it was opened and the contents were removed, then sent along to the party that was waiting.

For me, it's ALWAYS been USPS (for years). I've never had anything from FedEx or UPS lost.

mitzi

USPS is really bad with delivery. I had a letter mailed in PF and going to an address in PF, it arrived 6 months later. A package sent from Ohio to PF had a tracking number attached to it. They said it was delivered, I checked the tracking and last place listed was out for delivery in Mississippi, never arrived in PF, cancelled the order.
10 years ago I never received my final divorce papers. Sent from Leonardtown PO to Leonardtown PO. It may go up the road first, but still, pretty pathetic.

mitzi

Damn, ol' sonny boy sure has some anger issues. At least he was stupid enough to mug for the Ring camera or whatever on the door. He needs a boot to the ass and the unemployment line.

You seem to have the worst luck with the PO. Didn't you have another package go MIA not too long ago? I've been very lucky with all my online purchases, coming USPS and UPS mostly. :knocksonwood:

I always do. I swear it's this P.O. Thing is, when you order something you usually don't know how it's being shipped. A small one was lost early summer. It was scanned received and the company wouldn't riemburse me. It was a loss, thankfully it was under $10, but that's not the point. So who scans it, the PO? No help for those of us who have no choice to pick up packages at the PO. I live in the town limits and am forced to have a PO Box. This Christmas I'm just having things shipped to my son's house.

Last edited:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I always do. I swear it's this P.O. Thing is, when you order something you usually don't know how it's being shipped. A small one was lost early summer. It was scanned received and the company wouldn't riemburse me. It was a loss, thankfully it was under $10, but that's not the point. So who scans it, the PO? No help for those of us who have no choice to pick up packages at the PO. I live in the town limits and am forced to have a PO Box. This Christmas I'm just having things shipped to my son's house.
If they don't offer my choices for payments and shipping, I bail. This is in no means a plug for eBay or Amazon, but almost anything can be ordered from them if you search long enough. Things are run a little more regimented than retail sites. Shipping is virtually guaranteed. Just a suggestion.

OccamsRazor

If they don't offer my choices for payments and shipping, I bail. This is in no means a plug for eBay or Amazon, but almost anything can be ordered from them if you search long enough. Things are run a little more regimented than retail sites. Shipping is virtually guaranteed. Just a suggestion.
My latest "damaged" shipment was from Amazon. Don't get me wrong. I don't blame Amazon. I blame the local talent that handles shipments from all carriers about 40 miles north of here :rolleyes:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My latest "damaged" shipment was from Amazon. Don't get me wrong. I don't blame Amazon. I blame the local talent that handles shipments from all carriers about 40 miles north of here :rolleyes:
I understand completely that "accidents" do happen, but I've been really lucky with mail order shopping. Just got an outboard motor part shipped from middle FL and it was at my mailbox in 4 days. I track my packages closely and the only problem I've had lately is when the seller drags their feet.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
well, here's a clue..... on every website, pop up ads POP UP for HELP WANTED. They flood the page. Most jobs offered are with FED Ex or Amazon, offering astronomical salaries with no skills required and unlimited overtime in some shiphole warehouse or drive one of those bigazz trucks.

and?? And the USPS is no different.
That's going to be the case right now, they're trying to gear up for the holidays and massive increases in shipping.