Shock~Shock (Canada version 2.0)

BuddyLee

Football addict
Canadian lawmakers pass same-sex marriage bill
TORONTO (AP) — Canada would become only the third country in the world to legalize gay marriage under landmark legislation passed in the House of Commons in spite of fierce opposition from Conservatives and religious leaders.

The bill would grant same-sex couples legal rights equal to those in traditional unions between a man and a woman, something already legal in a majority of Canadian provinces. The legislation drafted by Prime Minister Paul Martin's minority Liberal Party government was also expected to easily pass the Senate and become federal law by the end of July.
The Netherlands and Belgium are the only other two nations that allow gay marriage nationwide.
:coffee:

SamSpade

BUT...they'll stop shipping inexpensive drugs to us.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/06/29/canada.drugs/index.html

Which strikes me as weird, because the reason they're cheap there is because *U.S.* pharmaceutical companies charge them less to ship there. If they want to be pricks about this, we can just charge them what Americans pay. That'll shut 'em up about their precious health care system.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
SamSpade said:
BUT...they'll stop shipping inexpensive drugs to us.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/06/29/canada.drugs/index.html

Which strikes me as weird, because the reason they're cheap there is because *U.S.* pharmaceutical companies charge them less to ship there. If they want to be pricks about this, we can just charge them what Americans pay. That'll shut 'em up about their precious health care system.

Actually, if you read the CNN article in your link, the Canadians are talking about banning the bulk export of pharmaceuticals when their supplies might be threatened. Though the article talks about individual "fixed-income" retirees obtaining medications from Canada, this is an issue of transport of barrels or carloads of pills, not individual prescriptions.

The real red-herring in this article is
"Cross-border drug sales often involve prescribing practices in which there is no clear patient-practitioner relationship," said a statement on the his Web site.
No mention of the his WEB site elsewhere so I don't know what they're referring to.