Shocking Honor Killing.

glhs837

Power with Control
So beating your wife to death becuase she wants a divorce is okay becuase some priests are pedophiles? One who went against the tenents of thier church. Pretty sure there's no mainstream branch of Chrisitiantiy that teaches kiddy-diddling is just fine and that God wants that. The point was there are literally millions upon millions of Muslims who feel that this doctors behavior was not only acceptable, but exactly what God wants you to do when your "honor" is besmirched. Agreed, there are billions of Muslins who do NOT feel that way, but they tend to not spend a lot of effort to clean up Allahs house, so to speak.

This_person

There are several other articles on the internet about this and not one of them have called this an honor killing. Although I agree that it's incredibly brutal, there are a lot of murders committed by Christian men (and women) because of divorce. This guy just happened to be Muslim, violent yes, but from the several articles I read, religion had nothing to do with it.
The one Chris posted last showed a huge split between his Muslim ideology and culture and her Christian one.

It would be foolish to ignore that. It would be equally foolish to assume it is purely religious ideology.

Either way, @Chris, I can't see a thing in @Tranny's article that suggest religion played into their issues. Can you show me the similarities?

Chris0nllyn

Was there a different motive stated?
Oh, gotcha. The article I linked to needed to spell out "THIS IS NOT AN HONOR KILLING" to combat biased websites aimed at the intellectually unfortunate.

Either way, @Chris, I can't see a thing in @Tranny's article that suggest religion played into their issues. Can you show me the similarities?

I didn't post transporter's link. Why are you asking me to defend their position or explain why they posted what they did?

"BRUTALLY beats doctor wife to death" Is spelled just fine though.
It is. Good job. :yay:

This_person

Oh, gotcha. The article I linked to needed to spell out "THIS IS NOT AN HONOR KILLING" to combat biased websites aimed at the intellectually unfortunate.

Well, at best it did nothing to dispel the idea it was an honor killing. It certainly delineated a great deal of strife in their marriage (from before they were married until the day she died) associated with their different faiths.

Your link actually did a lot to help with the understanding it could very well be an honor killing based on all of the Muslim/Christian issues raised between them, like her complying with his religious desires and him NOT complying with any of hers.

Those websites may be aimed at the intellectually unfortunate, but yours link did nothing to move the conversation in a different direction.

I didn't post transporter's link. Why are you asking me to defend their position or explain why they posted what they did?
So, you agree Tranny's post had nothing to do with this thread?

This_person

I'm aware of that and I also aware of so called "honor killings". I haven't seen or read anything that convinces me that this is an honor killing. In my opinion, the original article was posted to say - see - see what Muslims do? I think this guy was just your average run of the mill hot-head.
That would be a silly assumption from Chris' article (second, not first). It would be an equally silly assumption to dismiss the idea of honor killing based on Chris' second article.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Toronto Muslim neurosurgeon BRUTALLY beats doctor wife to death, stuffs her in suitcase because she wanted divorce
Legal fees for a divorce in Toronto must be extremely outrageous. Bet he's thinking of all the money saved, and property from being given to her or sold to give her share.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is a real question:

What's the difference if he kills his wife over religion, or kills his wife because of drugs or he's a nut or any other reason?

We make a big deal out of it being an "honor killing", but so what? People kill each other every day.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, he seems to match the one Saud oil engineer I met in Dahran once while watching the Super Bowl, 88, I think it was. He was discussing stopping by for a visit with one of our crew he had struck up a friendship with the next time he was in the SF area, where our base was. When the sailor mentioned that he would need some heads up for such a visit, he'd need to clear a night out with the wife, the Saud was genuinely shocked. "What do mean clear with the wife? No clearing required, you are the husband, she is the wife. You do not ask things, you tell things".

He couldnt understand why the seven of us all went quiet and stared at him. Our day to day ops over there didnt include any amount of time spent with Sauds, we went from the villas we were lodged at to the airbase we flew out of. Out to go shopping, but that was really it. So were were blown away.