Shoes for Lou...

R

remaxrealtor

So I'm gonna try to get the baby boy back under saddle...We put front shoes back on him this week. It was suggested to me to try endurance boots on the back to protect his sensitive soles....anyone have opinions on these?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I have a pair if you want to try them first..if they are the right size..I hear boas are nice..but pricey...

Sparks

I recently bought a pair of old mac G2s. They work well enough. I rode in them twice. I bought mine for the fronts.

To toughen up the soles try Keratex Hoof Hardener or Venice Turpentine. Don't get either on the frog.

I have a sore footed horse and have been searching for things to make him more comfortable.

Two things I came up with are Equi-cast and trying to create a "shoe" on the bottom of the foot with Vettec's adhere. I did the equicast last night for the first time. It turned out pretty well for my horse. We'll have to see how long it stays on and if it improves his comfort level.

I have pics of the equicast I can post later if you're interested. If you're not comfortable doing it yourself, I'd suggest your farrier do it for you.

R

remaxrealtor

Thanks so much for all the good advice. I'm heading out this morning to see how the front shoes are treating him!