Shooter @ Wash Navy Yards

?

..._

FYI News people, he was NOT decorated.
You get these two freebies for just being in the Navy during a period of conflict.
No mention that he was awarded (earned) a Good Conduct Award.
He was GIVEN, not AWARDED!
NOT decorated..just a dead killer.

From Channel 7:
"Aaron Alexis, the deceased suspect the FBI named as the person responsible for the Navy Yard shooting rampage on Monday, was a decorated Aviation Electrician's Mate, according to Department of Defense records.

Alexis, 34, of Fort Worth, TX, was given a National Defense Service Medal and a Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, according to his Department of Defense records.

He enlisted in the Navy on May 5, 2007 and he was ranked as a Aviation Electrician's Mate, 3rd Class (AE3), on December 16, 2009, the records stated. "

RPMDAD

My next door neighbor works there, luckily for him he was out of town on a mini 4 day vacation down south. T's and P's for all the injured and deceased, except for the shooter.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
How many cameras are on the grounds of the Navy Yard? How many in Bldg 197? You mean to tell me they could not assign at least one person to ascertain how many shooter(s) they were dealing with? As far as the garbled info being spread out there; in the mad dash to get info out everybody is going to off half cocked to get the ratings and with the police and DoD giving out info without verifying they sure as hell did not do what was in the best interest of public safety.

ftcret

How many cameras are on the grounds of the Navy Yard? How many in Bldg 197? You mean to tell me they could not assign at least one person to ascertain how many shooter(s) they were dealing with? As far as the garbled info being spread out there; in the mad dash to get info out everybody is going to off half cocked to get the ratings and with the police and DoD giving out info without verifying they sure as hell did not do what was in the best interest of public safety.

Media business as usual

itsbob

I bowl overhand
What excuse do our "public safety" officials get to use?
I've never been so can't say there are or aren't cameras there and even IF there are I doubt there is anyone watching them. They are usually recording in case of an incident but not being viewed 24/7...

ftcret

Cameras in real life are not as they are portrayed on television crime dramas, while the better systems are impressive, the increzse in data takes longer to analyze. Public officials commenting on the details is irresponsible until all facts are in. If it is supportive of the politics du jour it is disemminated quickly and if not then it is a made up crisis....

C

czygvtwkr

As NBC reports, a neighbor called police “after hearing a bullet rip through her floor and ceiling. he told police he had been cleaning the weapon when it slipped and accidentally pulled the trigger. they filed the police with the district attorney’s office but charges were never filed.”

Why was he cleaning a loaded fire arm?

Why was he cleaning a loaded fire arm?

That was my thought. How many people clean a loaded weapon? He wasn't cleaning it, he was playing with it.

He also had an incident where he shot out the tires of someone's car.

CBS just said he was an IT guy working for HP under contract to the Navy.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I'm so sick of hearing all the people that knew him say what a great guy he was, he was so nice.:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah: He couldn't have been too nice if he went on a rampage and killed all those people.

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
Anyone know why the Senate was the only building in DC outside of the immediate area to close down (that the news was reporting anyway)? What a bunch of pansies. It can't be more than 2 miles away as the crow flies, and how many government installations/employees are between the two sites? No one else found it necessary to close up shop for the day.

I guess it's OK to vote for lobbing Tomahawks into Syria, but O. M. G.! Get us the #### out of here!

BigBlue

WOW , a gun nut from Texas , who would have guess that ?:cds: :whistle:

......P.S. anyone know if he belonged to the NRA ,just asking ?:whistle:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Anyone know why the Senate was the only building in DC outside of the immediate area to close down (that the news was reporting anyway)? What a bunch of pansies. It can't be more than 2 miles away as the crow flies, and how many government installations/employees are between the two sites? No one else found it necessary to close up shop for the day.

I guess it's OK to vote for lobbing Tomahawks into Syria, but O. M. G.! Get us the #### out of here!

If people are around to answer questions about what idiots feel the need to do... well, I would like to know why Obama thought today, soon after this tragedy, was a good time to talk about the economy and make snarky comments about Republicans. :eyebrow:

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
If people are around to answer questions about what idiots feel the need to do... well, I would like to know why Obama thought today, soon after this tragedy, was a good time to talk about the economy and make snarky comments about Republicans. :eyebrow:

I was debating on whether to rail on his speech or the pansies in the Senate.

Not to mention ... his reading of the prepared comments were so goddamned sterile and absent of any emotion whatsoever. What an abhorrent man child.

bcp

In My Opinion
WOW , a gun nut from Texas , who would have guess that ?:cds: :whistle:

wow, that was able to shoot people in the city with the strictest gun laws on a military base that had a no gun policy.
those liberal no gun zones sure are working.
Wonder how it could have turned out if the liberal Bill Clinton would not have made it unlawful to carry weapons on a military base... Hmmm I wonder..

Liberals own this one too.