Shooter @ Wash Navy Yards

mamatutu

mama to two
I'm actually wondering whether too many are accepted for enlistment and what happens after that

I don't know the situation when Alexis enlisted, but I have heard that these days enlistment requirements are more strict because of the influx of enlistees because of the unemployment problem. I didn't research this, but have heard it from several people.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I'm actually wondering whether too many are accepted for enlistment and what happens after that

It is said he was currently a contractor so perhaps the contractor process isn't what it should be??? So many unanswered questions right now.

They are having another press conference and they had shown a family before hand so upset about not getting any information about a loved one. I dunno... maybe they need to get the victims names out at this point - get a list up or something. If they are expecting to contact each county and have them go to a residence to make a notification... I really think they are wasting their time.

I wonder how people would feel if they were waiting on word on whether or not a loved one was killed or injured???

And on that note Norton is talking again and Cathy Lanier is behind her looking like she wants to slap her into the middle of next week. Norton is taking this opportunity to discuss gun control... it really is sickening.

And am I the only one who thinks Parlave (FBI spokesperson) sounds like Holly Hunter?

Dakota

~~~~~~~
A list is getting ready to be released of the deceased now. It is only going to include those who have had their next of kin notified it sounds like...

MarieB

It is said he was currently a contractor so perhaps the contractor process isn't what it should be??? So many unanswered questions right now.

They are having another press conference and they had shown a family before hand so upset about not getting any information about a loved one. I dunno... maybe they need to get the victims names out at this point - get a list up or something. If they are expecting to contact each county and have them go to a residence to make a notification... I really think they are wasting their time.

I wonder how people would feel if they were waiting on word on whether or not a loved one was killed or injured???

And on that note Norton is talking again and Cathy Lanier is behind her looking like she wants to slap her into the middle of next week. Norton is taking this opportunity to discuss gun control... it really is sickening.

And am I the only one who thinks Parlave (FBI spokesperson) sounds like Holly Hunter?

Enlistment came first, just like with snowden, etc

Contractors are "encouraged" to hire those that have been in the military, yes? It seems there is a disconnect in the information sharing, but that could be privacy law related.

I wouldn't blame the contractor, as there is still the clearance process after a background check

Last edited:

mamatutu

mama to two

Well, I wish Lanier would use her authority on Norton. There must be some law she has broken. :lol: I was thinking Parlave reminded me of Jody Foster in Silence of the Lambs. I know this is serious, but the living still have thoughts. It is just such an awful situation for so many reasons.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Victims ages of 46-73
- 49/59 Michael Arnold
- 53 Sylvia Frazier
- 62 Cathy Guarda??
- 73 John Johnson
- 46 Bernard Proctor
- 50 Frank Culer ??
- Vishu pandon ???

The list hasn't been posted online yet and there are names that I have no clue how to spell.

Fox just read them but they haven't posted them.

Bernard Proctor was the person I mentioned earlier.

Caution

Victims ages of 46-73
- 49/59 Michael Arnold
- 53 Sylvia Frazier
- 62 Cathy Guarda??
- 73 John Johnson
- 46 Bernard Proctor
- 50 Frank Culer ??
- Vishu pandon ???

The list hasn't been posted online yet and there are names that I have no clue how to spell.

Fox just read them but they haven't posted them.

Bernard Proctor was the person I mentioned earlier.

List is in this link:
13 Dead, 8 Wounded in Shooting at D.C. Navy Yard, Suspected Gunman Dead | NBC4 Washington

Dakota

~~~~~~~

mamatutu

mama to two
Yes - I kept hitting refresh and see they posted it...

Those killed ranged in age from 46 to 73, according to D.C. Police. Officials released the following victims' names Monday:

Michael Arnold, 59
Sylvia Frasier, 53
Kathy Gaarde, 62
John Roger Johnson, 73
Frank Kohler, 50
Kenneth Bernard Proctor, 46
Vishnu Pandit, 61

Well, that is not the end of the list, and makes it even more tangible what happened, today. The sadness of it all is debilitating. When you look at the names, it shows the diversity of our country; English, Scot, Scandinavian, German, and Indian. I am so sorry this happened, and it has brought me to tears more than once, today. Prayers to all who are suffering from this horrific event in our history.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Well, that is not the end of the list, and makes it even more tangible what happened, today. The sadness of it all is debilitating. When you look at the names, it shows the diversity of our country; English, Scot, Scandinavian, German, and Indian. I am so sorry this happened, and it has brought me to tears more than once, today. Prayers to all who are suffering from this horrific event in our history.

What grates my nerves is that they had that list and intended to hand it out before the press conference yet made everyone sit there and listen to the Mayor and Norton - neither of which need to be speaking right now... IMO, we should only be hearing from the FBI and DCPD...

BTW, the family they interview at 10 p.m. had the last name of Daniels I believe - they haven't heard anything from him and were begging for information.

Caution

It's a sad state of affairs when those who dedicate their lives to keep us safe are taken from us by the very people they have served.

Last edited:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Arthur Daniels... and they did mention that he didn't make it either so that would be a 8th victim and Scott Williams the police officer would make 9, gunmen makes 10 so they have 3 more names to release.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Yes - I kept hitting refresh and see they posted it...

Those killed ranged in age from 46 to 73, according to D.C. Police. Officials released the following victims' names Monday:

Michael Arnold, 59
Sylvia Frasier, 53
Kathy Gaarde, 62
John Roger Johnson, 73
Frank Kohler, 50
Kenneth Bernard Proctor, 46
Vishnu Pandit, 61

Damn, one is the father of a former coworker. My heart goes out to him and his family, as well as all the other families devasted by this.

?

..._

Before I close my eyes to sleep....

I pray that God wraps the deceased and their loved ones in His love, light and peace. The anger and grief will give way to acceptance over time, and may God and His angles watch over all harmed this day. Amen.

........and will someone tell Norton this day is NOT about her and her agenda and her several clothing changes thru the day are ridiculous!....................

.............Amen. :whistle:

Oysterback

Last I heard, this country is still at war.

Why active military personnel in essentially the Navy's headquarters are not armed, is irresponsible and inexcusable

In fact, those actions in disarming military personnel during wartime, border on treason.

mamatutu

mama to two
Last I heard, this country is still at war.

Why active military personnel in essentially the Navy's headquarters are not armed, is irresponsible and inexcusable

In fact, those actions in disarming military personnel during wartime, border on treason.

That is very scary. I would have never thought it was a gun free zone. Where does that leave the rest of America? Thank you, President Obama. Do you think he has relieved his SS guys of their arms? Hitler had SS guys, too, which is chilling that they have the same initials. My husband said this was not an inside job because Obama would not have picked a black guy to do it. I know that is harsh and crazy, but who ever knows, anymore, what is really going on in America. But, I disagree with my husbands theory because reverse psychology works better.

This would, also, explain Obama's economy address today. He, briefly, talked about the shooting tragedy, but went on talk about the economy, and the fault of the Republicans. What an ####### we have for a president. Did he think putting the WH flag at half mast would stop his agenda? No, he didn't. He is scum of the highest order.

He should be outraged because he is Com in Chief, but you didn't see that in his demeanor. Thank you, Obama, for making yourself and America look weak and foolish, again. I can't believe we have 3 more years of this loser. Hopefully, that is the end of him, unless he changes that.

And, it didn't help my mindset to read the thread today about how many terrorist training camps are being allowed to exist in our country. What the hell!

Last edited:

Hank

my war
That is very scary. I would have never thought it was a gun free zone. Where does that leave the rest of America? Thank you, President Obama. Do you think he has relieved his SS guys of their arms? Hitler had SS guys, too, which is chilling that they have the same initials. My husband said this was not an inside job because Obama would not have picked a black guy to do it. I know that is harsh and crazy, but who ever knows, anymore, what is really going on in America. But, I disagree with my husbands theory because reverse psychology works better.

:twitch: