Shooting at Naval Base Millington Tenn

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
DEVELOPING:A Tennessee naval base is on lockdown after two people have been shot outside the facility, MyFoxMemphis reported.
external-link.png

The suspected shooter is a former employee who was recently relieved of duty at the Millington base, which is located in a Memphis suburb, the report said. The shooter is in custody, the report said.

Tennessee naval base on lockdown after shooting near base | Fox News

Last edited:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
The suspect is a Navy recruiter who had been relieved of duty at the Millington base, which is located in a Memphis suburb, the report said. The shooter was quickly taken into custody, the report said.

The victims' injuries were not life-threatening, a law enforcement official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told the Associated Press.
The Millington base serves as a Navy human resources center.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Apparently it happened off base, and if so, I think a base lock down is way out of line, unless there is good evidence that others with base access may be involved.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Apparently it happened off base, and if so, I think a base lock down is way out of line, unless there is good evidence that others with base access may be involved.

Maybe they were thinking he would try to get back on base?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Maybe they were thinking he would try to get back on base?

Maybe. But the suspect had already been taken down and detained by two soldiers immediately. I would think the base had no idea if the suspect had base access in the first place. Shutting the gates - yes. Does that constitute a lock down? Or is every building locked down?

Error on the side of safety, I guess.

MarieB

Maybe. But the suspect had already been taken down and detained by two soldiers immediately. I would think the base had no idea if the suspect had base access in the first place. Shutting the gates - yes. Does that constitute a lock down? Or is every building locked down?

Error on the side of safety, I guess.

On the side of safety is appropriate IMO

b23hqb

PREMO Member
On the side of safety is appropriate IMO

Just another sign, signal, at how weak we have become. What a nation of wimps and PC babies we have become.

How about the next time a scare is presented at a shopping mall? Just shut it down?

Just shut everything down, including the nine or ten admirals/generals that have been fired recently by the current occupant, of the WH, just because.

I'd hate to be at your house on Halloween, MarieB. Scared to death.

obama and his loves you.

Anything to further the obama cause and scardy-cat nature of our formerly brave nation.:killingme

Time to rock & roll. Either grow up and face reality straight on, or stay on the porch and whimper. We know where the wimps lie, right?

Last edited: