Shots at Home?

KWAK

Probably a weird title - don't know what else to call it!!

I am wondering if anyone knows how to go about finding a nurse - even a nurse in training - who could get paid to give me one shot every evening for about 2 - 3 weeks. I say in training, because I used to do them myself - and my only training was an injection class! I would prefer to find someone else to administer because it is an intramuscular shot, in the upper, outer, butt area and it's kinda hard to do myself - I put the needle in too slow and it hurts!

I've tried googling - but what the heck do you put in to search?? I've tried calling the local hospital - with no such luck, aside from going to the ER every day (in which case, I will just continue to do them myself!). Anyone know of anyone?

sanchezf

Little ol' Me

I am wondering if anyone knows how to go about finding a nurse - even a nurse in training - who could get paid to give me one shot every evening for about 2 - 3 weeks. I say in training, because I used to do them myself - and my only training was an injection class! I would prefer to find someone else to administer because it is an intramuscular shot, in the upper, outer, butt area and it's kinda hard to do myself - I put the needle in too slow and it hurts!

I've tried googling - but what the heck do you put in to search?? I've tried calling the local hospital - with no such luck, aside from going to the ER every day (in which case, I will just continue to do them myself!). Anyone know of anyone?

I have to get a shot ever 13 weeks and I just have my dad do it, he was in the Miltary so he has a minor medical (more like first aid) understanding but does a great job. ever thought of asking someone close to you..

KWAK

I have to get a shot ever 13 weeks and I just have my dad do it, he was in the Miltary so he has a minor medical (more like first aid) understanding but does a great job. ever thought of asking someone close to you..

I have tried people I know but no one close to me will do it! It's a 2 inch needle and I think that that freaks 'em out!

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley

I can do it. Where do you l ive? PM me.

T

toppick08

Try tequila......and I'll be there in an hour...:wink:.............:getdown:

barncat

Find a local horseperson, most of us give our horses their shots and are use to doing a quick jab in the muscle.

Cowgirl

Find a local horseperson, most of us give our horses their shots and are use to doing a quick jab in the muscle.

I can give animals shots all day long (IV is especially my fav), but ask me to give a human a shot? No way! :jameo:

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
When I was going through IVF I was giving myself 4 shots a day for a few weeks but they were subcutaneous, just under the skin like a insulin shot. The last two weeks however were those intramuscular shots with the drugs in sesame oil for slow release. They hurt like hell and my pale skin was a horrible mass of purple and green bruises for a long time. Hubby gave me those shots and didn't bat an eye, the creep. Men get off easy in that whole process let me tell you.

A word of warning, DON'T give it in your thigh muscle if you can avoid it. I had to give myself one when hubby was stuck in traffic for hours. The next day your leg is just about unusable, total swollen muscle pain. My back is too bad to twist around and do the injection in my own ass and it seemed like a good idea at the time. Ouch! Good luck

KWAK

Thanks to all who responded - I will send out some pm's!

I had to wake at midnight last night - this morning? - to do my hcg trigger shot - it was AWFUL!!!! Aside from the fact that I was half asleep - when I went to stick the needle in my right side, I just couldn't break the skin - so I had to switch to the left.

Sonsie - I've never heard to do them in your thigh muscle - always the hip! OUCH - thanks for the tip!!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Thanks to all who responded - I will send out some pm's!

I had to wake at midnight last night - this morning? - to do my hcg trigger shot - it was AWFUL!!!! Aside from the fact that I was half asleep - when I went to stick the needle in my right side, I just couldn't break the skin - so I had to switch to the left.

Sonsie - I've never heard to do them in your thigh muscle - always the hip! OUCH - thanks for the tip!!

Check the local nursing homes.. they are chock full of LPN's and RN's and sure they could help you out for a fee.

truthbknown

The truth is gonna b fun

I am sure one of the guys that have been to your place wouldn't mind helping you out there sista.