Should be obvious now....even to the deluded.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I think if anything, his conversation confirms the fact that he took the virus seriously. I seem to remember the left insisting that he didn't take it seriously, and didn't believe that it was of any concern. I think that unless you are a die hard anti-Trumper, this "bombshell" is a dud.

Of course it isn't. Just go read the idiocy put forth by Vrai and the Bot.

All you culters no longer have a leg to stand on. Donald Trump is on tape. It is his voice. He was told he was being recorded.

He said the Coronavirus was worse than the most "strenuous flus". He said it was 5 times more deadly than the flu. Yet, you told the country it wasn't this. They were told it would simply go away and that it was no worse than the fly. Only the blind cultists believed him. Amazingly they still do, right Vrai and the Bot? MPD still runs around proclaiming how proud his is to not wear a mask and not enforce it in his store.

Trump said it was transmitted by air. He said it, not some anonymous (or however you spell the way Trump pronounces that word) source. Trump's own voice.

Trumps said he was "downplaying" it and would continue to do so. For those who don't can't or won't understand. That is bald faced lying.

The cult crew continues to ask the stupid question: What could the President have done? Well, to the educated and intelligent, those answers have been clear since early February. Now they should be clear even to the stupid, the brainwashed and the cult.

The President should have been straight up with the American people. Like W was on 9/11. Like Pappa Bush was prior to the first Gulf War. Like FDR did after Pearl Harbor.

Trump had a wonderful opportunity to bring this country together to fight a common enemy. Instead he lto chose to lie and to pit Americans against Americans.

When he should have been championing the wearing of masks, he ridiculed them and his minions run around still today proclaiming their "right" not to wear a mask.

Trump knew how dangerous this was when he called for the ban on Chinese travel to the US. He should have mandated anyone coming here from China be tested and/or quarantined. But he didn't instead, despite knowing the danger, he let hundreds of thousands come and go from China. The result was the rapid infection of the West Coast.

In early February, he should have called for stringent lock downs. February was the key. It has been referred to as the wasted month since. Trump knew it wasn't "going away" (a line he repeated into the summer). Trump knew the case count wasn't going to zero. Trump knew we didn't have it under control. But these were all the things he was telling his cult (no one else believed him but you people).

While he spent his time LYING and MISLEADING the American people, the virus kept coming in from Europe. It kept spreading.

While he was spreading division among the American people, the death count continued to ratchet up.

Trump wasn't trying to "calm people". If he was, if that was true, he would have come clean at some point. Instead he kept lying. He pushed for schools to open early. He is on tape In Feb or March saying that young children are at risk. Yet, even recently, he proclaimed on Fox and Friends that young children are damn near immune!! (Any of you cultists parents or grandparents of young kids??? How does that tidbit of info make you feel? Still support the man who lied to you about the danger to your kids/grandkids??)

The failure to act in February cost American lives. LOTS of American lives. Prior to today, the failure to act has been chalked up to the incompetence of Donald Trump. The truth is far worse. The failure to act was intentional. Calling the virus a hoax, saying it would go away, screaming to reopen served only one purpose. It would hurt Trump's re-election chances to be honest and forthright. to call for mask wearing and shutdowns.

No one can blame Trump for the virus itself. But the failure to act is his responsibility. As were the decisions to lie, to foment division, to push conspiracy theories and to call for the use of fake cures.

Donald Trump is unfit for office, he has been since the day he came down that escalator. Now, he has violated the most basic component of the oath he took. He chose to fail to protect the American public from an enemy that invaded our shores...and no I'm not talking about brown people.

I wish I hadn't heard those tapes this evening. I would much rather have gone through the next few months believing Trump was just incompetent.

If, after this, you still support Donald Trump and you still are determined to spin the facts to rationalize your vote, then you really should pack up your stuff and leave or commit yourself to the nearest mental facility for evaluation. You aren't American.

When you go, take your President with you. May the ghosts of 190,000+ Americans haunt you all till you kick.
[/QUOTE

Of course it isn't. Just go read the idiocy put forth by Vrai and the Bot.

All you culters no longer have a leg to stand on. Donald Trump is on tape. It is his voice. He was told he was being recorded.

He said the Coronavirus was worse than the most "strenuous flus". He said it was 5 times more deadly than the flu. Yet, you told the country it wasn't this. They were told it would simply go away and that it was no worse than the fly. Only the blind cultists believed him. Amazingly they still do, right Vrai and the Bot? MPD still runs around proclaiming how proud his is to not wear a mask and not enforce it in his store.

Trump said it was transmitted by air. He said it, not some anonymous (or however you spell the way Trump pronounces that word) source. Trump's own voice.

Trumps said he was "downplaying" it and would continue to do so. For those who don't can't or won't understand. That is bald faced lying.

The cult crew continues to ask the stupid question: What could the President have done? Well, to the educated and intelligent, those answers have been clear since early February. Now they should be clear even to the stupid, the brainwashed and the cult.

The President should have been straight up with the American people. Like W was on 9/11. Like Pappa Bush was prior to the first Gulf War. Like FDR did after Pearl Harbor.

Trump had a wonderful opportunity to bring this country together to fight a common enemy. Instead he lto chose to lie and to pit Americans against Americans.

When he should have been championing the wearing of masks, he ridiculed them and his minions run around still today proclaiming their "right" not to wear a mask.

Trump knew how dangerous this was when he called for the ban on Chinese travel to the US. He should have mandated anyone coming here from China be tested and/or quarantined. But he didn't instead, despite knowing the danger, he let hundreds of thousands come and go from China. The result was the rapid infection of the West Coast.

In early February, he should have called for stringent lock downs. February was the key. It has been referred to as the wasted month since. Trump knew it wasn't "going away" (a line he repeated into the summer). Trump knew the case count wasn't going to zero. Trump knew we didn't have it under control. But these were all the things he was telling his cult (no one else believed him but you people).

While he spent his time LYING and MISLEADING the American people, the virus kept coming in from Europe. It kept spreading.

While he was spreading division among the American people, the death count continued to ratchet up.

Trump wasn't trying to "calm people". If he was, if that was true, he would have come clean at some point. Instead he kept lying. He pushed for schools to open early. He is on tape In Feb or March saying that young children are at risk. Yet, even recently, he proclaimed on Fox and Friends that young children are damn near immune!! (Any of you cultists parents or grandparents of young kids??? How does that tidbit of info make you feel? Still support the man who lied to you about the danger to your kids/grandkids??)

The failure to act in February cost American lives. LOTS of American lives. Prior to today, the failure to act has been chalked up to the incompetence of Donald Trump. The truth is far worse. The failure to act was intentional. Calling the virus a hoax, saying it would go away, screaming to reopen served only one purpose. It would hurt Trump's re-election chances to be honest and forthright. to call for mask wearing and shutdowns.

No one can blame Trump for the virus itself. But the failure to act is his responsibility. As were the decisions to lie, to foment division, to push conspiracy theories and to call for the use of fake cures.

Donald Trump is unfit for office, he has been since the day he came down that escalator. Now, he has violated the most basic component of the oath he took. He chose to fail to protect the American public from an enemy that invaded our shores...and no I'm not talking about brown people.

I wish I hadn't heard those tapes this evening. I would much rather have gone through the next few months believing Trump was just incompetent.

If, after this, you still support Donald Trump and you still are determined to spin the facts to rationalize your vote, then you really should pack up your stuff and leave or commit yourself to the nearest mental facility for evaluation. You aren't American.

When you go, take your President with you. May the ghosts of 190,000+ Americans haunt you all till you kick.
Amen, brother. Couldn't have said it better myself.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The ‘Bombshell’ About Trump Downplaying Coronavirus Is No Bombshell. Trump Said This Publicly In March.

The tapes are “even more devastating than Nixon’s tapes,” said Woodward’s Watergate reporting colleague Carl Bernstein on CNN. “Trump Called the Coronavirus ‘Deadly’ in Private While Minimizing Its Risks in Public, Book Reveals,” read the headline at The New York Times. Deadline was more stark: “Donald Trump Admits Downplaying Threat Of Coronavirus As CNN Reveals First Big Bombshell Of Bob Woodward Book.”

Yet as my former colleague Becket Adams wrote at The Washington Examiner, the Woodward “bombshell” is anything but.

In fact, Trump said publicly in March and April what he told Woodward privately at the same time. And just as it is doing now, the media freaked out over Trump’s statements.

“There was an entire news cycle with headlines such as, ‘Trump just acknowledged downplaying the coronavirus threat: ‘I knew it could be horrible’’ and ‘Trump Just Admitted to Downplaying the Seriousness of the Coronavirus Threat,’” Adams reported.

That was in April, after Trump on April 1 said at a White House press briefing that he “knew [the coronavirus] could be horrible, and I knew it could be maybe good.” He added: “I don’t want to be a negative person. It’d be so much easier for me to come up and say, ‘We have bad news. We’re going to lose 220,000 people, and it’s going to happen over the next few weeks.’”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The AP asked Woodward about this. Here is his confusing and meandering, non-denial-denial.
“If I had done the story at that time about what he knew in February, that’s not telling us anything we didn’t know,” Woodward said. At that point, he said, the issue was no longer one of public health but of politics. His priority became getting the story out before the election in November.
“That was the demarcation line for me,” he said. “Had I decided that my book was coming out on Christmas, the end of this year, that would have been unthinkable.”
Asked why he didn’t share Trump’s February remarks for a fellow Post reporter to pursue, Woodward said he had developed “some pretty important sources” on his own. “Could I have brought others in? Could they have done things I couldn’t do?” he asked. “I was on the trail, and I was (still) on the trail when it (the virus) exploded.”

If you’re keeping track, there are three answers in those paragraphs, all of which come down to: I wanted to keep it for my book but it would have been “unthinkable” to keep it to myself if I thought there was a public health hazard, so there’s no public health hazard.

Even Bob Woodward doesn’t think Bob Woodward’s “scoop” is a real “scoop.”

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Leftists dont' understand mathmatics.

Math is racist.
I just checked the most recent update (7 September) and we're standing at about 50th..yep, 50th in the world for COVID fatality rate.
By way of stark contrast, UK, Belgium, Netherlands,. Mexico, Hungary, France and Sweden are in the top 11.

IF the US fatality rate was the same as our neighbor to the north, Canada, we'd have 441,000 dead now, not 192,00. If our fatality rate was the same as that in the UK, we would have 794,000 dead now.

I'd say we did an amazingly good job of dealing with it. :yay: