Should be some interesting elections

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I hate to laugh, but everyone should know by now that a third party candidate does nothing but hurt the repulican party. Each vote for that 3rd party candidate takes away a vote for the republican in the race. This is just another examply why you tea bag fanatics are truly the root of harm to our country.

Its also my understanding that one of the main reasons McAuliffe is going to beat Cuccinelli and Sarvis is because of the right wing stance on womens rights. I'm hearing that women are coming out strong for McAuliffe.

Again, this is another show by voters that right wing idealogies are becoming a thing of the past.

But of course, you tea baggers and wingers will refuse to face this and accept it. You will cry and wine that your loss is due to illegals, lazy people that dont want to work, voter fraud and of course.....Obama.
As far as I know the T party doesn't take much of a stance on abortion since it isn't a constitutional issue, I think you're confused.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
Its also my understanding that one of the main reasons McAuliffe is going to beat Cuccinelli and Sarvis is because of the right wing stance on womens rights. I'm hearing that women are coming out strong for McAuliffe.

Yup. Propaganda is powerful stuff, innit?

LibertyBeacon

I'm with Toxick.

Nothing will happen. Nothing will happen because there's still plenty of free stuff to go around. We are fat, dumb, and happy and enjoying life.

2014 mid-term and 2016 presidential elections will be a goddamned media circus. Just like it always is. People will get excited over the next shiny thing. There will be Hope! for about a nanosecond, and then the next crappy, stupid reality show will have a much-ballyhooed premiere, and we'll forget all about the fact that we're circling the drain.

Wake me up when we crash.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Cuccinelli and Sarvis is because of the right wing stance on womens rights.

and what stance is that ...... the scare tactics gined up by progressives that Republicans want to take away the free birth control and END Abortion even though NO ONE in this RACE is running either of those messages as something the are going to do

this is just ANOTHER progressive dog whistle to paint a picture nobody on the right is drawing

acommondisaster

I hate to laugh, but everyone should know by now that a third party candidate does nothing but hurt the repulican party. Each vote for that 3rd party candidate takes away a vote for the republican in the race. This is just another examply why you tea bag fanatics are truly the root of harm to our country.

Again, this is another show by voters that right wing idealogies are becoming a thing of the past.

But of course, you tea baggers and wingers will refuse to face this and accept it. You will cry and wine that your loss is due to illegals, lazy people that dont want to work, voter fraud and of course.....Obama.

Let us know when you're coherent and have gotten over your homophobic tendencies. If you stop frothing at the mouth, you might be easier to understand.

laynpipe

Let us know when you're coherent and have gotten over your homophobic tendencies. If you stop frothing at the mouth, you might be easier to understand.

I think you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Tea Baggers / Tea Partiers = Same idiots ruining the country.

LibertyBeacon

I don't see how the tea partiers have ruined anything considering they haven't been given a chance to run anything.

And that's a good thing, considering they're little more than mainline repugnicans with slightly more stylish outfits.

I've seen that story a thousand times, but I won't give the ending away. We've all bought a ticket, and are entitled to stay.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I don't see how the tea partiers have ruined anything considering they haven't been given a chance to run anything.

And that's a good thing, considering they're little more than mainline repugnicans with slightly more stylish outfits.

I've seen that story a thousand times, but I won't give the ending away. We've all bought a ticket, and are entitled to stay.

I'd say closer to Libertarian.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Nope. Libertarian is a political party. I think you mean to say libertarian, which they are not either. Maybe they think they are, but its not backed up by action.

Are you seriously quibbling over the capitalization? Back on point, the Tea party tends towards smaller government and more adherence to the Constitution, this leans more toward libertarian than republican.

LibertyBeacon

Are you seriously quibbling over the capitalization? Back on point, the Tea party tends towards smaller government and more adherence to the Constitution, this leans more toward libertarian than republican.

Well ya. The capitalization matters. One refers to a major political party that is recognized in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. The other has nothing to do with political parties whatsoever. But fine. Let's not quibble over such matters. We'll move to substance.

Rand Paul, just for example, has publicly declared he is not libertarian (source: Rand Paul Leads GOP Kentucky Senate Race as Outsider - TIME). Sure, he's infinitely better than McCain, Lindsay Graham, and the majority of the lot. But he's not libertarian. He wants to be president and will be whatever he needs to be in order to achieve it. Hell, he will be an Indonesian street whore if the money is right.

His TSA "reform" proposal was complete sh!t, not libertarian at all.

Hell, even Gary Johnson, a closet statist who ran as a Libertarian last election, at least proposed, what, a 40-and-some-odd percent cut in spending? Do I have the number right? There were some fairly significant cuts from what I recall.

Meanwhile, the mainline Tea Party is redefining what it means to be libertarian so that they can appeal to a broader base, while keeping the gravy train (Koch money) rolling in. The Tea Party has nothing to do with small government.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Well ya. The capitalization matters. One refers to a major political party that is recognized in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. The other has nothing to do with political parties whatsoever. But fine. Let's not quibble over such matters. We'll move to substance.

Rand Paul, just for example, has publicly declared he is not libertarian (source: Rand Paul Leads GOP Kentucky Senate Race as Outsider - TIME). Sure, he's infinitely better than McCain, Lindsay Graham, and the majority of the lot. But he's not libertarian. He wants to be president and will be whatever he needs to be in order to achieve it. Hell, he will be an Indonesian street whore if the money is right.

His TSA "reform" proposal was complete sh!t, not libertarian at all.

Hell, even Gary Johnson, a closet statist who ran as a Libertarian last election, at least proposed, what, a 40-and-some-odd percent cut in spending? Do I have the number right? There were some fairly significant cuts from what I recall.

Meanwhile, the mainline Tea Party is redefining what it means to be libertarian so that they can appeal to a broader base, while keeping the gravy train (Koch money) rolling in. The Tea Party has nothing to do with small government.
I disagree with just about every part of this response, but can see that you're pretty wedded to your opinion and aren't ever going to change so I'm just going to leave it here. TTFN

mamatutu

mama to two
It may be a homophobic slur BUT this is what teabaggers called themselves at first. Then they realized what it meant and changed their name.

What? No, they didn't. It was a slur created by the media, Pelosi, or Reid, et al; it is all the same. The Tea Party is not homophobic. They are Obamaphobic. What president ever spawned a Tea Party movement? None. The last Tea Party movement was in 1773 to overthrow the tyranny of George III of England over the Colonies. Our modern day Tea Tax is Obamacare. Do you get the correlation? Do you get the indignation? Do you get the Constitution? Do you get the reason for revolution? Do you get that you are just a rat on the sinking ship, and will not be 'special'? Never mind, you don't.

Last edited: