Should black Americans get slavery reparations?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Normal and above IQs...
I think culture plays a big part here. Asian parents stress education and studying to their kids. Amish are notorious hard workers who mind their own business. Jewish people are skillful in setting up businesses.

Even in underperforming groups, they have those that stand out. Most of them have the traits mentioned above.

Monello

PREMO Member
I'm all for reparations if you can find someone alive who suffered as a slave in the USA, or as a direct result of actions by the USA. The problem is that those people have all passed on long ago. Paying reparations to descendants serves no purpose other than to enrich someone looking for some free cash. The country has done plenty to try and right the wrongs of those days. While there is still more work to be done, people on all "sides" need to stop acting like children.
Here's my solution: https://forums.somd.com/threads/sho...lavery-reparations.339374/page-2#post-5981603

Hijinx

Im fairly certain Salmon is a alternate account setup just to troll. What I don't know is if it's one of the liberal members taking their views to the extreme, or a conservative member saying whatever he knows will push the most buttons for fun. My money would be on midnightrider. Or perhaps even Hijinx himself (always immediately replying to Samon)
It aint me babe. No no no it aint me babe/

Monello

PREMO Member
I think many successful white, American males have shown a great example of how to succeed in America. While success is dependent on each individual, a good, solid, middle class lifestyle is usually a good barometer.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I think culture plays a big part here. Asian parents stress education and studying to their kids. Amish are notorious hard workers who mind their own business. Jewish people are skillful in setting up businesses.

Even in underperforming groups, they have those that stand out. Most of them have the traits mentioned above.
Lets not go on ethnic stereotypes, really?
Broader sense the ethnic groups you named value education, also a sense of family, hard work and adhering to rules.
None of those groups holds a monopoly on business accumen, hardwork or education.
The fact is, there are more poor dumb ass white americans on welfare than blacks americans.

Every group that came to American went through some period of discrimination.

I forget who it was that recently said they were tired of the culture in their community of victimhood.
Asking for reperations contiunes that legacy of being a victim.
All they are doing is teaching the next generaton of victims.