Should Bobby Bowden Step Down?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Chair of board of trustees calls for Bobby Bowden's head at Florida State - ESPN

Jim Smith, Chair of the Board of Trustees, at Florida State University, wants to replace Bowden, maybe with Jimbo Fisher, offensive coordinator.

"My hope is frankly that we'll go ahead, and if we have to, let the world know that this year will be the end of the Bowden era," chairman Jim Smith told the Tallahassee Democrat on Sunday. " ... I do appreciate what he's done for us, what he's done for the program, what he's done really for the state of Florida.
"I think the record will show that the Seminole Nation has been more than patient. We have been in a decline not for a year or two or three but I think we're coming up on seven or eight. I think enough is enough."

Bowden's wife has issued a few testy comments concerning the matter.

Bobby Bowden will turn 80 yrs old, on Nov 8th. Time to step down?

Beta84

They're out to get us
Chair of board of trustees calls for Bobby Bowden's head at Florida State - ESPN

Jim Smith, Chair of the Board of Trustees, at Florida State University, wants to replace Bowden, maybe with Jimbo Fisher, offensive coordinator.

"My hope is frankly that we'll go ahead, and if we have to, let the world know that this year will be the end of the Bowden era," chairman Jim Smith told the Tallahassee Democrat on Sunday. " ... I do appreciate what he's done for us, what he's done for the program, what he's done really for the state of Florida.
"I think the record will show that the Seminole Nation has been more than patient. We have been in a decline not for a year or two or three but I think we're coming up on seven or eight. I think enough is enough."

Bowden's wife has issued a few testy comments concerning the matter.

Bobby Bowden will turn 80 yrs old, on Nov 8th. Time to step down?

Something's gotta give at the end of this season. Jimbo Fisher, head coach to be, has a nice fat $5million bonus coming his way if he's not the head coach. So either Bowden steps down or Fisher gets fired (if they can even do that, not sure how his clause works). Either way, as a rival fan I'm loving the fact that ol Blobby is hangin around.

Fisher, heir apparent, is terrible. Their offense has been mediocre. The longer crappy Bowden sticks around, the longer it'll take FSU to realize they made a huge mistake with Fisher. That means more years of FSU mediocrity. I love it! :yahoo: