should bush be elected to a second term?><?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:cheers: I think President Bush should be elected to a second term.
Not because he's entitled to it, but because he's doing a damn fine job. I cannot see any of the other challengers doing anything better, and if that's the case, their efforts would probably be worse.

Howard Dean?
Uh, no thanks. After watching and listening to him in Iowa, he would not get my vote. He's simply pandering to the far-left lunatic-hate Bush crowd, whipping them into a frenzy. No real message here, except "It's time to take Washington back!"

JohnKerry?
He's too wrapped up in his "me-too, I'm a genuine war hero" schtick. However, he's the only one that would bring any experience into the mix.
He's a phoney, as far as I can see; He backed the directive giving the president the power to go ahead and take out Saddam, but "didn't think the president would really go ahead and invade Iraq"?

What the hell did he think it meant?

Wesley Clarke?
He might have a wealth of experience in military matters, but he's a rookie where politics and foreign affairs are concerned. He flip/flops way too much for my tastes, also. He was forced out of the CinC job at NATO for conduct unbecoming a general officer by then-president Clinton. I don't think so.

No thank you, I'll stick with President George Bush.

donbarzini

Originally posted by Bruzilla
What difficult decisions did Clinton have to make, and more importantly, did he make the right decision? I can't think of any.

What brand of cigar to...........smoke?:stooges:

F

Flo

President Bush has my vote for another 4 years. He has had alot happen in the last 4 years, and I can't see starting over with a newbie in these times. Too scary to even think about!

SamSpade

Re: Re: Re: yea!

Originally posted by BuddyLee
why must republicans always ambush a great democratic president??

another question that could be asked is why did we elect him to a second term?

Which one have we bashed? *Clinton*? He wasn't a great president. You yourself have as much admitted, although people attribute the economy to whoever is sitting in office, they don't actually have much to do with it.

So what did he do that was so great? NAFTA? GATT? The Internet/dot come bubble? New use for cigars?

I sure didn't elect him. He managed to get elected twice with less than the majority vote. Take out Ross Perot, and he doesn't get elected ONCE.

F

Flo

The mistake of thinking economy made me vote for Clinton the first time. After a few weeks in 1992, I came to ask the question, "What was I thinking?" :frown: I for one, definitely didn't make the same mistake twice!

Some of my thoughts of President Clinton's term:
The economy was good in the 90's, they say, though I didn't notice, Nursing Home and medical care was high; Hillary didn't have a clue about health care, The World Trade Center was hit in 1993; Bill Clinton didn't apparently have a clue either, as he was more interested in his perverted self and sexual feelings than about Osama Bin Laden and Al Quada striking us, passed legislation to have a pill to abort babies, passed NAFTA (the last year of his term) so American workers could lose jobs to Mexico, let Saddam Hussein kick our weapon inspectors out. Gas prices were rising in March of 2000, the economy was going down the drain in August/September of 2000, and in October of 2000, we got struck by Al Quada; re: USS Cole.

These are just some of the reminders of how great Clinton was. Folks tend to forget; thought a reminder was due.

I think President Bush has done an exceptional job in 4 years after cleaning up the 8 year mess that Clinton made.

:dance: