Should he run again in 2024?

SamSpade

I'll be straight up - I don't think there's any way a Biden administration is going to be good for all Americans. I think the very best he can achieve is mediocrity and his first planned steps in 2021 already are spelling disaster for me personally. For example, if he insists on pursuing a 15 dollar an hour minimum wage, many of my friends who either work for small businesses or my sister - who lives alone, works online and depends on her job for the benefits even though she doesn't get paid well - will lose their jobs in a cold second. At 58 she won't get another one as she can't drive and depends on online work. My son who is severely learning impaired won't be seeing any more work for a while. (Unless the Biden administration decides to COMPEL people to hire him).

That was an EXAMPLE - there are others.

I think many on the left will simply be satisfied with the fact that Trump is gone - but may have misgivings about the way the Biden administration will try to steer this country. I don't think, with the animosity the entire left has thrown at half the country, a man and his running mate won't have an extremely difficult row to hoe if they think they're going to unite people. Right out of the gate he doesn't get my trust just by being President; he will have to earn it first.

ASIDE from the fact that Biden will be 82 if he runs again - and his current state of health and MIND don't portend well - I don't think we will see Joe in 2024 and it may well be over for him before that.

Trump will be Biden's age NOW.

It's happened before - a previously defeated candidate comes back and in the case of Cleveland - won. Harrison became increasingly unpopular during his term, and even within his own party. Biden himself is a person who has run before, but failed.

But as much as Trump was, in my perspective, transformative and bold - he was also polarizing. There's no question in my mind that many people might have voted for him had he not been so brash in his exaggerations and tweets. I never had a problem with it (my wife - who voted for Trump - absolutely DID) - for once someone in the White House was talking to me the way people I know talk, and not in some flowery diplomatic style where caution is built into saying anything controversial. You know what I MEAN - you've seen politicians carefully and artfully answer questions so as not to say anything they'll be strung up for. What I liked about Trump is he didn't care, because his continued livelihood never depended on pleasing the press.

So - does he run again?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
No Too Old

I don't think, with the animosity the entire left has thrown at half the country, a man and his running mate won't have an extremely difficult row to hoe if they think they're going to unite people.

Unity my ass .... Lists of names are already being drawn up

So - does he run again?

Personally the likes of Sapidus are going after Trump his Family and all of his supporters HARD .... They are not just satisfied with winning, there must be a purge, you must be punished for supporting Trump

I will never forgive Republicans for allowing this traitorous, tax cheat and chronic liar for doing this to our country.

I will never forgive Trump and the Republicans for doing this to poorly educated Americans. It’s disgusting.

Last edited:

Hijinx

This uniting is BULLSH*T. All of a sudden right off the bat the folks who fought for 4 years to destroy Trump and the United States, the people who divided us want us to unite because they are in charge. Phuck them.

Some are screaming for Trump and anyone who voted for them to burn, to be punished for helping save America for 4 years.
If I were General flynn I would pack my bags, He is going to jail unless President Trump can pardon him.
I guess Attorney General Barr is ok, He didn't do anything, but even though he did little they will probably be out to get him.

The corruption shown and never acted on under Trump Biden's son, and others will disappear.

Why should Trump run again. They fixed this election so he lost they would just fix another. They ar in charge now ands they will try to fix it so no Republican ever wins again. Pelosi committed political Hari Kari so bad this time that Steny Hoyer is running for her job with her butt breath still extruding from him.

SamSpade

I also think something else - and it will have nothing actually to do with Biden -

Another recession is inevitable. We haven't had one in 11-12 years, a record in modern history. Another one is due. It won't necessarily be his fault because it's a natural consequence of the business cycle. They HAPPEN.

UNFORTUNATELY, policies enacted by our government CAN make them worse, last longer and start sooner. I think this will be the case.

I admit I do think that Presidents and candidates have been the unfortunate victims of recessions which can not be avoided any more than rain or snow or acts of God. It just happens.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
UNFORTUNATELY, policies enacted by our government CAN make them worse, last longer and start sooner. I think this will be the case.

It was said FDR's Policies greatly drug out the Depression and Obama's Policies Extended the Recession and in Obama's case the stimulus was a failure, he had no policies, the economy recovered on its own

I admit I do think that Presidents and candidates have been the unfortunate victims of recessions

As you pointed out, what Politicians do and you say fosters economic growth

the last yrs of Obama - we are going to have to get used to 3%

Trump comes in with this Positive Can Do Attitude .... get us a tax cut

I've read a myriad of articles claiming sucess and failure - you can guess which political tribe wrote which article

I know i saw more money in my pay check and my tax returns

Transporter likes to crow the economic growth was barely above 3% for Trump, that maybe be true but before Covid Trump had RECORD Low Employment Numbers ..... even the Billionaire founder of BET said so ......

so for all the economic debate about Trump's sucess or failure - Americans FELT Good about what was going on, in spite of Leftist Media attempting to spin otherwise

Last edited:

Hijinx

I also think something else - and it will have nothing actually to do with Biden -

Another recession is inevitable. We haven't had one in 11-12 years, a record in modern history. Another one is due. It won't necessarily be his fault because it's a natural consequence of the business cycle. They HAPPEN.

I admit I do think that Presidents and candidates have been the unfortunate victims of recessions which can not be avoided any more than rain or snow or acts of God. It just happens.

How can we help but have a recession when Biden wants to shut us down again.

gunsmoke

You really didn't post that did you???

Business Cycle Dating Committee Announcement June 8, 2020 ...

Please let's hear some more of your theories!!

herb749

I wouldn't be surprised if covid-19 slowly goes away. This is flu season, people are getting the flu. A new strain will be declared and the counts will stop. People die every year from effects of the flu, it won't be from the China one.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No. I think he's taken enough abuse for one lifetime. He should say "**** you people, you don't deserve a great country" and buy an island for him and his family to live on. I'm not sure where he'd go that isn't under fascist rule, but maybe there's something.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Biden will not make it through his first term. This was just ploy to get a leftist in the WH by any means necessary. Now when the Biden " mandates" start coming down the pike, the more moderate democrats (regular folks) will be sort of ok with them, at first. They'll chalk it up as progress or some nonsense, then they'll notice their taxes going up then they'll notice the inflation and huge increase in cost of living. Congress will initiate 25th proceedings and in the spirit of party unity Biden will acquiesce and then we go full Venezuela.

Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think the very best he can achieve is mediocrity

We've seen this show before. What's going to happen is Biden will be declared brilliant and best POTUS ever, and every **** up will be blamed on Trump. We had an amazing economy under Trump and they said, oh that's just Obama's policies catching up with us. And the American people believed that. So when we tank they'll say Trump did it and Biden is leading us slowly but surely out of the darkness.

Our biased propaganda news media has too much power and we allow it, so they can (and do) tell us what's in the best interest of their corporate masters and obviously the majority of Americans choose to believe it. In fact the press has declared Biden the winner, even though counting is still ongoing and irregularities are being uncovered. So now they pick our President, both figuratively and literally.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Biden will not make it through his first term. This was just ploy to get a leftist in the WH by any means necessary. Now when the Biden " mandates" start coming down the pike, the more moderate democrats (regular folks) will be sort of ok with them, at first. They'll chalk it up as progress or some nonsense, then they'll notice their taxes going up then they'll notice the inflation and huge increase in cost of living. Congress will initiate 25th proceedings and in the spirit of party unity Biden will acquiesce and then we go full Venezuela.

You act like Biden is something more than a puppet who will do and say what he's told. Biden is a useful idiot to those people. They'll keep him there forever because he's docile and compliant, and the press will prop him up as a savior.

PsyOps

Pixelated
No. I think he's taken enough abuse for one lifetime. He should say "**** you people, you don't deserve a great country" and buy an island for him and his family to live on. I'm not sure where he'd go that isn't under fascist rule, but maybe there's something.

Not to mention, in 4 years Trump will be 78 years old. I agree, he needs to just hand his enterprises over to his kids and enjoy his billions.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Not to mention, in 4 years Trump will be 78 years old. I agree, he needs to just hand his enterprises over to his kids and enjoy his billions.
But he won't do that, it's not him. I doubt he's going to ever run again; he doesn't like to lose. He lost, it will leave a bad taste, so he will move on to something new, more appealing, more profitable, return his focus to investments and growing his brand again.

PsyOps

Pixelated
But he won't do that, it's not him. I doubt he's going to ever run again; he doesn't like to lose. He lost, it will leave a bad taste, so he will move on to something new, more appealing, more profitable, return his focus to investments and growing his brand again.

I agree. He is a work horse. He loves working. He will die on his feet.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I'll be straight up - I don't think there's any way a Biden administration is going to be good for all Americans. I think the very best he can achieve is mediocrity and his first planned steps in 2021 already are spelling disaster for me personally.

Given what we are facing in the immediate future, I'd like to focus on this. I think we're looking at another Carter. There is no way we can maintain the economic growth we experienced under Trump with higher taxes, pushing for another ACA, and the "green deal" agenda. If democrats get control of the senate after these run-offs, I thin we'll see more than a recession. I expect a complete economic collapse. Democrats will waste no time pushing all of their plans quickly. They won't make the same mistakes they made back in 2009-2011.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
You act like Biden is something more than a puppet who will do and say what he's told. Biden is a useful idiot to those people. They'll keep him there forever because he's docile and compliant, and the press will prop him up as a savior.

I beg to differ. These extreme whackos are already rounding up Trump supporters on lists - including Federal judges - before the election is even legit-official (not MSM-official). Gee, where have we heard about these ‘political lists’ before? 🤔

I told folks back in March during the primaries that if Biden got the nom, he’d be forced to choose a more progressive/extreme VP that the “New Dem Party” really wanted but couldn’t get through primaries. Then, if elected, Dems would ditch Joe as incapacitated ... if Dems capture Senate majority via GA run-off, it’ll happen faster than Joe was calling a lid on his campaign each day.

I don’t think Joe spends 6 months in the WH, if that. They’ll usher in Harris - the progressive VP - to take over & continue their goal of transforming America into a globalist society & probably name AOC as VP. I agree with PsyOps - Dems will not waste a moment to shove their agenda through.