Should one eat before or after

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
A two mile walk? I've decided to start walking around the base with my officemate. We go at lunch. Should I eat before I go or when I get back? I'm not concerned with weight loss or anything I just thought it's be nice to get up off my butt and get out and breathe some fresh air. But if eating beforehand will give me cramps or is generally not good for me I'd like to avoid it. :yay:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
CandyRain said:
:yeahthat:

Your body can only use what is already digested.

I'm not concerned with burning calories. Moreso with keeling over in pain and having to be carried back to my office. :jameo: :lmao: I usually eat at 11:00 on the dot. We don't walk until around 11:45. Guess I'll either have to eat a late morning snack or try to eat breakfast later to tide me over. I've been ready to chew my leg off by the time I get back! :killingme

Pix, I've seen you eat lunch before and since you pick like a bird, I see no harm in doing some picking before your walk and then picking again when you get back if you were so moved to pick...:shrug:

rack'm

Jaded
kwillia said:
Pix, I've seen you eat lunch before and since you pick like a bird, I see no harm in doing some picking before your walk and then picking again when you get back if you were so moved to pick...:shrug:

Maybe she should bring some seeds and pick as she goes. :shrug:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Good lord, she said walk not 400 meter intervals! Pixie, don't worry about it just go walk, you're fine.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
kwillia said:

:lmao: True, true. Breakfast today consisted of a cupcake sized muffin and a piece of sausage, snack was a piece of sausage, lunch about a cup and a half of cheeseburger macaronni that I'm still picking at and hour after I heated it up. It's pretty cold now but at least half of it was warm. I'd not like to only get in 2-3 warm bites. :lmao: I was just getting a bottle of water and noticed dark chocolate M&Ms in the vending machine.... I know what afternoon snack is. Forget the wheatables I brought in! I want that CANDY!

forever jewel

Green Eyed Lady
pixiegirl said:
I'm not concerned with burning calories. Moreso with keeling over in pain and having to be carried back to my office. :jameo: :lmao: I usually eat at 11:00 on the dot. We don't walk until around 11:45. Guess I'll either have to eat a late morning snack or try to eat breakfast later to tide me over. I've been ready to chew my leg off by the time I get back! :killingme

:lmao: You're just like me!!!

My coworker and I walked every day at lunch prior to eating. Whenever I didn't walk, I ate at 11 on the dot, like you. So whenever I was really hungry before walking, I'd eat a granola bar or something that would hold me over :huggy:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
:yeahthat: 45 minutes before is a good time - especially if it ISN'T sugar... :whistle: and, then again after (same deal)... :huggy:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Then you're fine...

pixiegirl said:

...just do what you do. Hell, you can run if it's gonna be 30-45 minutes since you ate.

buddy999

It's Great to be American
pixiegirl said:
A two mile walk? I've decided to start walking around the base with my officemate. We go at lunch. Should I eat before I go or when I get back? I'm not concerned with weight loss or anything I just thought it's be nice to get up off my butt and get out and breathe some fresh air. But if eating beforehand will give me cramps or is generally not good for me I'd like to avoid it. :yay:

When I was at Quantico it was standard practice to do our run in the afternoon before being dismissed for dinner. If we did our PT in the morning, it was usually before lunch.

If you're just walking, it shouldn't make that much of a difference.

warneckutz

BEFORE and AFTER

Just eat something small before you go out so you're not starving at some point and then have something when you're finished so you're not... starving...

:whistle:

greyhound

warneckutz said:
BEFORE and AFTER

Just eat something small before you go out so you're not starving at some point and then have something when you're finished so you're not... starving...

:whistle:

I say....eat before, during & after exercising. :whistle: