Should we be concerned?

nutz

So. I'm sure I'll be back around Christmas - I'm still trying to figure out homemade sugar cookies and NO ONE understands my cooking dilemmas like the fine folks at somd.com.

• 3 cups all-purpose flour, measured then sifted
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
• 3 sticks unsalted butter, softened (1 1/2 cups)
• 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar + extra for rolling
• 2 large eggs
• 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract Instructions

1. Disable smoke detector
  2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper. Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Have a cocktail.
  3. Place the softened butter and sugar in the bowl of your electric mixer. Cream the butter and sugar together on high until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes. (Don't skimp on the time here.) Then turn the mixer on low and add the eggs and vanilla extract. Scrape the bowl.Have a cocktail
  4. With the mixer running on low, slowly add the flour mixture. Scrape the bowl and beat again for 30 seconds. Have a cocktail, answer phone, surf somd.com
  5. Pour some extra sugar into a bowl to coat the cookies. Scoop the dough out and roll into1-inch balls. The dough should be soft and delicate - don't over-handle. Shake each ball in the sugar bowl to coat, then place on the cookie sheets 2 inches apart. Use the bottom of a drinking glass (Aha) to press down on each ball, until it's 1/3- to 1/2-inch thick. Have a cocktail
  6. Bake each sheet of sugar cookies for 9-11 minutes, until the edges are slightly golden and the centers are just barely set. Cool completely on the cookie sheets. Whew, worn out. Take a nap. Finish cookies tomorrow.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
it's the rolling out and cookie cutters that defy me.

That can be a challenge....

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Could have gone either way I mean it's been awhile, but I've never seen one smile before and with eyes. Do they have eyes now? Did some kind of mutation occur while I wasn't paying attention or something?
:killingme wow..it HAS been a while. Yeah...so much has changed....

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I have a cooking tip for you. If oysters smell even remotely like chemicals they are not good to eat no matter how much you paid for them.
The 4 quarts we went through over Thanksgiving were fresh shucked the day before we bought them. ;-)

You get some bad ones?