Shoulder Replacement

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Yesterday I had a full shoulder replacement

Front part of the rotator cuff wasn't damaged so it was salvaged and used Back part was destroyed. All the cartilage was just stripped and hanging and the cause of most of the pain. The end of the bone had osteo-necrosis and had died.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
They really know what they're doing with shoulder replacements. Heal well and you should be very pleased with the results. Good luck!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Gurps, Forumite: a man barely awake
Gentlemen we can rebuild him
We have the technology
We have the capability to make the worlds first ...

Wait. We can't say man anymore can we?

stgislander

PREMO Member
Where was it done and how long did your surgery take? Are you home now?

My BIL is scheduled for a full shoulder replacement on Jan 26th after falling while climbing a tree stand in early Oct.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Where was it done and how long did your surgery take? Are you home now?

The Doctor is with Anderson Ortho.
Harborside Surgery Center - National Harbor

Check-in 1030
Procedure 1200 [ I actually had the nite nite dose before then they were ahead of schedule]
Home by 1700

Not Gonna Lie there was a lot of level 11 pain when I woke up [ 10 is the max, this was off the grid ] I was used to lvl 11 pain spikes just moving my arm around, but this was a constant

Some Post OP range of motion testing was required so no nerve block until those were done, once that was finished and the block administered, the pain dropped to 7 or 8 ... I've been on a steady diet of dilaudid 4mg per does ....

waking up this morning was great no pain in either arm, my felt arm is screwed up as well ... the only pain or discomfort in my right shoulder is at the incision all other pain is gone. We will see as the nerve block wears off over the course of the day.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
FWIW, my neighbor had his shoulder done a few years ago. Didn't take him long to get back to normal. He's older than I am and he splits wood with an axe.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Feel for you, my brother in law had both shoulders done about 10 years ago.
He healed well and works in a factory.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I hope it heals as quickly as my boss's did. Medical Science can be used for good. For now.

stgislander

PREMO Member
The Doctor is with Anderson Ortho.
Harborside Surgery Center - National Harbor

Check-in 1030
Procedure 1200 [ I actually had the nite nite dose before then they were ahead of schedule]
Home by 1700

Not Gonna Lie there was a lot of level 11 pain when I woke up [ 10 is the max, this was off the grid ] I was used to lvl 11 pain spikes just moving my arm around, but this was a constant

Some Post OP range of motion testing was required so no nerve block until those were done, once that was finished and the block administered, the pain dropped to 7 or 8 ... I've been on a steady diet of dilaudid 4mg per does ....

waking up this morning was great no pain in either arm, my felt arm is screwed up as well ... the only pain or discomfort in my right shoulder is at the incision all other pain is gone. We will see as the nerve block wears off over the course of the day.
Was it arthroscopic surgery?