Shoulder's Back

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
you are kidding right??? i heard about this crazy thing called equitation

Like Fred said it's an aid. My equitation is fine but when your showing at the Congress and World show you want to make sure you are perfect.

Oh and I show in Showmanship so it really helps posture there too since I have a problem with slouching when I run. So Before you jump to conclusions you should know what the rider shows in.

I am not looking for a way out of having good eq but making damn sure it's good for national shows.

GallopNTec

Like Fred said it's an aid. My equitation is fine but when your showing at the Congress and World show you want to make sure you are perfect.

Oh and I show in Showmanship so it really helps posture there too since I have a problem with slouching when I run. So Before you jump to conclusions you should know what the rider shows in.

I am not looking for a way out of having good eq but making damn sure it's good for national shows.

Sorry but it just seems like crutch.... i mean a training aid is just that. If you are doing Congress you shouldnt need an aid. :whistle:

BlissfulJumper

Sorry but it just seems like crutch.... i mean a training aid is just that. If you are doing Congress you shouldnt need an aid. :whistle:

Well I just don't want to take any chances on possibly slouching any at.

And you know what's funny is that you know me and know that my equitation is good. :whistle:

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith

Theres nothing wrong with training aids like that. The people she is competing against at Congress may have one, too...

BlissfulJumper

Theres nothing wrong with training aids like that. The people she is competing against at Congress may have one, too...

Thank you! honestly I don't think I've seen one hunt seater/showmanship person without one.

They are nice when you are mostly concerned about achieving the best movement possible and sometimes your posture slips. And in showmanship your concerned with your pattern.

appaholic

:
Thank you! honestly I don't think I've seen one hunt seater/showmanship person without one.

They are nice when you are mostly concerned about achieving the best movement possible and sometimes your posture slips. And in showmanship your concerned with your pattern.

When I was hunting for this, (for I have terrible posture both on and off a horse and somehow in my youth I thought bad posture would hide a big chest) I seem to remember you could get one a Walmart for a lot less than Dover.
Refinement of aids is the name of the game for educated riders or people for that matter and everyone has weak areas that can be improved. It is just smart to be mindful of this!

showqueen74

Looking at where it hits on the back, my concern would be that it might allow you to hollow out yuor lower back. Good luck on your show quest

paintedpony1234

Horsey Girl
I was thinking about getting this as well, and my eq isn't terrible its just when i show with all my nerves I sometimes forget. let me know how it works out for you

BlissfulJumper

I was thinking about getting this as well, and my eq isn't terrible its just when i show with all my nerves I sometimes forget. let me know how it works out for you

I will probably order one from dover this evening. A two girls on my show team have them and they love them. They say its one less thing they have to constantly remember which is nice

Showqueen... I hollow my lower back a little bit so it won't make a difference haha

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
Looking at where it hits on the back, my concern would be that it might allow you to hollow out yuor lower back. Good luck on your show quest

You have a point - my friend had one when he both showed eq back in the day (Im too old now, LOL). It did cause her to hollow her back slightly, but nothing noticable once under show clothes. I could only notice it because I watched her ride in a tank top most of the time and could see her lines.

BUT - as a judge, I'd rather see a slightly hollowed back than slumpy shoulders lol

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I don't know..it is hot enough without extra layers of clothes on. I would school in it at home but for shows go without. Only because the coat is hot enough...