Shouldn't BOTH parents get a tax expemption for the children

modwoman

BL,
Thanks for taking the time to point that out for me.

Sounds like a great plan, but what r the chances of it coming thru.

P.S.
Anyone live in Calvert or St. Marys co?
And if so, have you heard anything more about the weather?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Particulars of the baby.  Born on May 1, 2002 at 9:55PM (just under 13 hours of labor, God Bless women), weight 6lbs 7.9oz.  Is 19 3/4 inches in length.  Sex, female.  Name, Alexis Marie.  

Boy genetics are a great thing.  That baby is so beautiful (and imagine some of those gene are mine, hard to believe even for me).

BL

Ken,

My oldest daughter who is now 7 was the same exact weight and length.
name is Alexandra Marie.  Thats pretty weird.  Tell your boy to get some sleep now while he can!

modwoman

Monkey,
Had you taken the time to write that in the first place you might not of seemed like a complete idiot at the time.
As far as the slackjaw thing, Please you are so full of BS it almost made me gag.
Each realationship is personal. I am not even going to waste my time with you on that as that is common sense.
You can not comment on why or how anybodys realtionships ended; or if the people ivolved are mature or not. Alot of people going into a relationship have nothing but the highest hopes of success when children are brought in some families they had no idea it was going to end because of unforseen events that just happen.
You put so much effort in your second post to try make a better impression yet it only made it worse.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Jetmonkey,

Your question, "A consumption-based tax would be nice, but how would you get the economy out of a recession or depression if fiscal spending was bound to consumer consumption?" is a very valid one, but as the consumption tax would be equal to a percentage of the purchase couldn't it be adjusted by changing that percentage?  As most things are electronically connected it seems it would be easier than re-computing the methods of deductions, changes in Earned Income Credits, personal exemptions, and such.  A simple update of an equation and it’s all done.  

Ken King

PREMO Member
Jetmonkey,

I agree that some items within the current tax structure will be hard to get beyond, like the interest deduction for mortgages.  It could be done and this would remove another item of inequity from the process.  Is it fair that a person buying a home gets a write off when renters don't?  While I enjoy that advantage I don't really think it is fair to those that just haven't been able to get into a home of their own.  

modwoman

Monkey,
You like to see yourself write.
Your comments are outdated and make very little sense. The statements contradict
eac other. Religion and government in my opinion should of never mixed. Religion is another topic in itself.