Show entries way down??

Eventer29

Went to our first show of the season at PGEC yesterday for SMHA. (Got a very late start this year!) I noticed there were very few entries! I know it is probably mainly the crappy economy, gas prices etc. Was just wondering if entries were down at most of the other shows too? Even the rated ones? I know the rated days tend to be a little bigger. Which circuit has the most riders, in say the jumpers, or eq and hunter?

Hoover

There were a lot of shows this weekend. I know of a big show in Ocean City. The person I bought my horse trailer from was at a a big show this weekend and her Dad met us to show us the trailer. Yeah I finally got a trailer to tote his big butt around now we can meet other peeps and not look at the same trees in our riden hood.:yahoo::yahoo:

Duckz

The BEST series at PGEC seems as big or bigger than last year. The May show was HUGE. I'm hoping for a smaller turnout this weekend so it doesn't drag on forever! Interesting to hear the SMHA entries were down. I wonder how MSA is doing.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I know that personally I am not showing as much because I have no real desire to sweat my butt off this summer. I also have a young horse who everything is being introduced to slowly. He wants to be a dressage horse. SO that will be our focus.

lovemyber135

Went to our first show of the season at PGEC yesterday for SMHA. (Got a very late start this year!) I noticed there were very few entries! I know it is probably mainly the crappy economy, gas prices etc. Was just wondering if entries were down at most of the other shows too? Even the rated ones? I know the rated days tend to be a little bigger. Which circuit has the most riders, in say the jumpers, or eq and hunter?

yea this past weekend on saturday there were only like 2 or 3 people in the jumper classes....i was really suprised how there wasnt alot of people at all!