Show your real Christian attitude.

seekeroftruth

Revelation 14:14 I looked, and there before me was a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was one like a son of man with a crown of gold on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand. 15 Then another angel came out of the temple and called in a loud voice to him who was sitting on the cloud, “Take your sickle and reap, because the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.” 16 So he who was seated on the cloud swung his sickle over the earth, and the earth was harvested.
17 Another angel came out of the temple in heaven, and he too had a sharp sickle. 18 Still another angel, who had charge of the fire, came from the altar and called in a loud voice to him who had the sharp sickle, “Take your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of grapes from the earth’s vine, because its grapes are ripe.” 19 The angel swung his sickle on the earth, gathered its grapes and threw them into the great winepress of God’s wrath. 20 They were trampled in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed out of the press, rising as high as the horses’ bridles for a distance of 1,600 stadia.
I am definitely going to use the commentary this morning. I suggest you use the link and read it too.... to make sure!

First off.... a distance of 1,600 stadia = about 180 miles.

On the cloud sat One like the Son of Man, having on His head a golden crown, and in His hand a sharp sickle: Some find it difficult to see Jesus as the One gathering the harvest here. They have a hard time with Jesus responding to another angel who came out of the temple. But it is unlikely that anyone called the Son of Man, and wearing a golden crown is anyone but Jesus.​
For the harvest of the earth is ripe: This ancient Greek word for ripe has a negative sense, “to become dry or withered.” The idea is of something that is over-ripe. This means that God will judge the earth only when it is over-ripe for judgment. He doesn’t rush into judgment.​

Thrust in your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth, for her grapes are fully ripe: The image of the Second Coming of Jesus as a harvest is also communicated in Matthew 13:24-30 and 13:36-43, with the parable of the wheat and the tares. The implication is that true believers will not be separated from those who merely go to church until the final harvest.

Fully ripe “pictures grapes fully grown in the prime almost bursting with juice… The spurting of the grape juice from under the bare feet of those treading the grapes in the winepress is compared to the spurting of blood and speaks of the awful human carnage.” (Walvoord)​
Blood came out of the winepress, up to the horses’ bridles, for one thousand six hundred furlongs: This probably describes blood splattering up to the horses’ bridles, a picture of tremendous carnage in the battle of Armageddon described in Revelation 16:16 and 19:11-19. It is not likely a description of a river of blood running the length of the Promised Land and as high as a horse’s bridle is. This would be an almost incomprehensible river of blood.​

In ancient times, a battle area extending one thousand six hundred furlongs (approximately 200 miles) was beyond all known conflict — but not in modern warfare. “The area covered, 1,600 furlongs, is approximately 200 miles, and specifies that the area within a 200-mile radius from Jerusalem will be gathered at the time of the second coming of Christ.” (Walvoord)​
There's a lady in my neighborhood whom I assumed was a "holy" woman. She and her husband sing gospel songs while walking or riding their mobility scooters around the neighborhood. She walks, he rides. Anyway, I thought she was the kind who would be honest... Christian... in all dealings.

Hubby just bought a car from a neighbor. I told you about her, she works in the church. When we pulled the car into our driveway, the mobility riding husband came over and told us that his wife had been eyeing that car and she wanted to buy it.

Hubby and I found out the windshield wipers don't work. It's either the switch or the motor... under $500 either way... and we have some time before we have to face the repair bill. We're in Arizona where it doesn't rain for months. So, when it rains, we can use the truck. But.... We found there is a tiny hole somewhere in the line and the A/C has to be recharged regularly. We are in Arizona... It's a big deal. No problem though, we can get it recharged and work on getting the system corrected.

Y'all know I'm now blind in one eye... and for that reason, I cannot drive anymore. This car is calling me. I feel like I could drive it. I could kill someone if I did... but it's calling me. It's a beautiful blue car. It's a PT Cruiser. I would look so good driving it... It's calling me.

So... I talked it over with hubby and we decided to sell the car for what we have in it. I told him I would talk to our neighbor about the car.

I thought this conversation was going to be one Christian to another. NOPE... it was Christian to car haggler. I told her I heard she wanted the car. I told her I would sell it to her for what I have in it. I even told her [honestly] what she would need to repair if she bought it. She was just a haggler. I told her I paid $1100 for the car earlier this month. I have about $100 in it.... title, tags, insurance, and gas. She was "a player for that car" at $800. I told her I would be glad to keep it.... but I wanted to give her first offer. She replied with "my brother is a mechanic and he can find every little thing". OK then.

It's been a long time since I dealt with someone like that.

Sometimes weeds look just like beautiful flowers.

Sometimes Christians forget to check the mirror before going out.

Jesus is on His horse. He's separating the clusters of grapes from the weeds that grow in the vine.

Has anyone heard of the "Devil Comet"? Monday night, the moon will turn red. On April 8th, the sun will turn black, full eclipse. At about the same time... the "devil comet" will streak around the sun and earth again. And Iceland has had four volcanic eruptions in four months, and Hawaii has had some bubbling of new earth too. We're like a great big beautiful blue grape in the galaxy... and, in today's verses, Jesus is in the saddle.... and He is gathering the clusters.... the "devil comet" is approaching... spooky.

Jesus is giving you a chance to make sure you are taken before the winepress opens and not left behind to be smashed.

Show your real Christian attitude.

:coffee: