Shower handle

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I tried googling this but can't find what I'm looking for. Saw a commerical for a shower handle that you can take on and off with a release of a switch. Probably advertised by Billie Mays (or however he spell it). It doesn't have suction cups on the ends. You can also use it other places like boats, stairs, etc. Any one know what I mean? TIA

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Be handy to clean a glass table I have if I could have the faith that it wouldn't let go as I clean.

I am looking more for my mom who has balance issues. I'm afraid she'll fall in the tub/shower and crack her head. She lives alone.

limblips

PREMO Member
I am looking more for my mom who has balance issues. I'm afraid she'll fall in the tub/shower and crack her head. She lives alone.

I would not trustanything sold on TV infomercials or by Billy Mays! Be safe, get a handicap grab bar (or 2) installed. Not hard to do, just don't use drywall anchors!.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I would not trustanything sold on TV infomercials or by Billy Mays! Be safe, get a handicap grab bar (or 2) installed. Not hard to do, just don't use drywall anchors!.

Mom won't go for that. She is stubborn. She'd rather fall than admit she needs one of those. She would be humiliated if I went and installed one of those. I couldn't do that for her. I am ordering a "Get A Grip" for Christmas and will hope it does what it's suppose to.

Homer J

Power Chord
Mom won't go for that. She is stubborn. She'd rather fall than admit she needs one of those. She would be humiliated if I went and installed one of those. I couldn't do that for her. I am ordering a "Get A Grip" for Christmas and will hope it does what it's suppose to.

How humiliated will she be when the paramedics have to come scoop her up naked off the bathroom floor when she breaks a hip?

J

jp2854

I have to agree with homer how humiliated would she be? I guess I should count myself lucky I have never had any problems where I have needed to ride the ambulance to the hospital. The only time I have ever been in any of the hospitals down here (southern md hospital center) was to have my wisdom teeth removed.

I hope your mom will think seriously about getting the handicapped rails put up in her shower if the grip you order off the web doesn't work.