~shudder~ look what the cat dragged in

Bertha Venation

This is Toby, one of our two cats born on Sept. 11 '01. He's a fine, healthy, happy fellow. He purrs a lot and begs for treats -- when he's not catching his own down in the garage.

Here are a couple of pictures of a spider he had the courtesy to kill before bringing it into the house.

Do not view if spiders freak you!

(In this first photo, Toby's on the left, with Richard looking on.)

Attachments

• tobyspiderrichard.jpg
    tobyspiderrichard.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 272

Bertha Venation

Those photos don't really show what Toby looks like. He's so cute he ought to be arrested. We're lucky to have such wonderful cats as our pets.

Attachments

• smalltoe-man.jpg
    smalltoe-man.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 226

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
So did Toby actual eat the spider? *shudder* Mine actually eat 'em. :barf:

I was cleaning off my front and back porches today, and the size of some of the spiders was scary. :yikes: I don't mind the daddy-longlegs, but the wolf spiders scare the crap out of me. *brrrrrr*

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I have a cat, Forrest, that has "mild retardation" as the vet puts its. He is so funny...lays on the very last step of the basement steps in the evening waiting to catch a cricket or some kind of creature. He brings it upstairs very gently and deposits it on one of the rugs in the kitchen while he makes this strange (very loud) crying sound. We have to go see what he's brought us and praise him. This is not very fun at 2 in the morning, but these are things us cat parents have to endure. :biggrin:

Bertha Venation

Originally posted by jazz lady
So did Toby actual eat the spider? *shudder* Mine actually eat 'em. :barf:

I was cleaning off my front and back porches today, and the size of some of the spiders was scary. :yikes: I don't mind the daddy-longlegs, but the wolf spiders scare the crap out of me. *brrrrrr*
I don't know whether it was Toby playing with it or my taking pictures of the whole affair, but Kathy got grossed out and asked me to throw it outside. Toby got treats and a lot of praise instead of getting to eat his prize.

I call those big wolf spiders "Boris." The name seems to fit.

Bertha Venation

Originally posted by cattitude
I have a cat, Forrest, that has "mild retardation" as the vet puts its. He is so funny...lays on the very last step of the basement steps in the evening waiting to catch a cricket or some kind of creature. He brings it upstairs very gently and deposits it on one of the rugs in the kitchen while he makes this strange (very loud) crying sound. We have to go see what he's brought us and praise him. This is not very fun at 2 in the morning, but these are things us cat parents have to endure. :biggrin:
Yup. Worth it, though. Our Harry once brought in a live mouse. When he dropped it to crow, it scampered away, and he chased & caught it by slapping his paw down on its tail, just like in a cartoon. I LMAO. He got tuna after we got that unhurt mouse out of the house. He's also brought me dead birds (found dead :barf:) and many wagging lizard tails.

Here's Harry in one of his quieter moments.

Attachments

• harrysleeps.jpg
    harrysleeps.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 200

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Very pretty kitties Bertha! I must get Otter to scan some pics of our gang. We aren't in the digital age just yet.:frown:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Bertha Venation
I call those big wolf spiders "Boris." The name seems to fit.
Cute kitties BV! I used to have a cat, and HER name was Boris. AKA Buford Badinoff Kitty or Buford Pusser. Usually affectionatly(sp?) called The Berf. She was great, she LOVED to play fetch!

My cat I have now, Jack (also a girl, who will be 13 next month) has brought me lizerds, moles, mice, birds, butterflys, and twice live baby copperheads! :yikes:

Yay for kitties!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I finally got a picture of my little minx Trixie. She's pizzed about being woken up. :lmao: This was after she did several speed runs around the house, played with a string with her brother, and chased the laser pointer light for an hour.

She and her brother Scooter just celebrated their 2nd birthday on the 25th.

Attachments

• trixie.jpg
    trixie.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 167

Hello6

Princess of Mean
Loved those spider kitty pix. You can't find a bug in my house thanks to my cats. Love the noise they make when thier paws whap the patio door for flies.

Hello6

Princess of Mean
Now you just got done saying in that you didn't like cat in your Chinese food. Make up your mind azzclown:nono:

Bertha Venation

Originally posted by cattitude
Very pretty kitties Bertha! I must get Otter to scan some pics of our gang. We aren't in the digital age just yet.:frown:
Scan some! I'd love to see them.
Originally posted by RoseRed
My cat I have now, Jack (also a girl, who will be 13 next month) has brought me lizerds, moles, mice, birds, butterflys, and twice live baby copperheads! :yikes:
:yikes: indeed--copperheads! What did you do with them?!

Bertha Venation

Originally posted by cariblue
Well, I've always heard they have nine lives, and I swear, every time I see this cat, I want to call him Jack. His markings are the same, only Jack was a silver marble tabby. Webster's an orange marble. They both have a part down their spine. Webster is aggressive, so was Jack.

What I think is strange is that my neighbor says Webster won't let anyone that doesn't live in the house hold him, but he let's me.
I think it's Jack, Cari. Reincarnated cats? Why not? :biggrin:

Eddie

Originally posted by Eddie
The only good cat is a order of Chinese Food. They also make good dog treats.
I like Chinese food, just have to forget what the main ingredient is.