Shutdown?

SamSpade

In the past, they've generally found SOME way to at least extend it a little more. I'm betting they will do it again.

But I also think they will totally cave in to the Democrats and if they don't, the press will make it look like the Republicans shut it down because they wouldn't do a deal with the Dems.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Makes no difference to me....the CRs have already done their damage to my business. Thank goodness most of our business comes from overseas now.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They do this every year - I should have a dollar for every time the political hacks threaten to shut down the government while they play their reindeer games. They actually did it...year before last?...and it pissed everyone off so much that they don't dare try it again.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But I also think they will totally cave in to the Democrats and if they don't, the press will make it look like the Republicans shut it down because they wouldn't do a deal with the Dems.

yep Sappy is already spinning it as Trump / Republicans won't deal with democrats ... not that democrats are holding up spending for a SEPARATE Issue - DACA

..... just like Tax cuts could never be permanent for the Middle Class #becauseTrump
NOT because all it needed was 9 Democrats to vote for the Tax Bill instead of having to use reconciliation which put a 10 yr cap

belvak

Happy Camper
I sincerely hope not!! And, if they do decide to engage in "playground activity," I hope they keep it short and that we get paid for our forced time out!! I really like my pay check. It helps pay bills! And, I really don't want to have to cart 4 plants home in cold weather. Last furlough, I almost lost one plant because it didn't like living at my house. :mad:

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
my color of money is GOOD this time !!! Last time we had to take one extra day a week off i think, can't remember.

SamSpade

yep Sappy is already spinning it as Trump / Republicans won't deal with democrats ... not that democrats are holding up spending for a SEPARATE Issue - DACA

I've mentioned this so many times, but there have been many Democrat leaders who have - by their words - equated the word "bipartisan" with "super-majority".
As in, vote us a filibuster-proof super-majority and we'll pump out all KINDS of "bipartisan" legislation.

Translation - compromise and bipartisan means - do it our way.

This is like when baby sister breaks her doll by smacking big brother in the head with it - and cries that HE broke it.
The last few times there was a government shutdown threat, the Republicans were playing a game of brinkmanship - but they owned it.

This time, the Democrats are folding their arms and holding their breath and saying "no government bill unless we get DACA" - and somehow, by NOT giving in to them, the
Republicans will get blamed by the press.

ONE of these times, someone's gotta set it straight. You don't get to take the ball and go home and put the blame on everyone ELSE.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I've mentioned this so many times, but there have been many Democrat leaders who have - by their words - equated the word "bipartisan" with "super-majority".
As in, vote us a filibuster-proof super-majority and we'll pump out all KINDS of "bipartisan" legislation.

Translation - compromise and bipartisan means - do it our way.

:yay:

sappy will be along shortly to call us liars again

stgislander

PREMO Member
Makes no difference to me....the CRs have already done their damage to my business. Thank goodness most of our business comes from overseas now.

I do kinda get a kick out of govt employees I know getting spun up over missing a paycheck or two. You'd think it was the apocalypse.

stgislander

PREMO Member
????

Are you financially secure enough that you could skip a paycheck or two? I sure am not.

You kidding me right. We've missed payroll more times over the years than I can count. As a small business, that's what we have to do sometimes to tide ourselves over. Because of that, I try to keep enough reserve to cover one missed pay cycle. If it looks like a second is going to be missed I'm on the telephone with creditors making plans.

Financial experts say you should have 6 months worth of bill paying in the bank to cover unexpected wage loss. Not sure I ever had that much while I was working, but I could certainly handle 2 months. Living that close to my paycheck would scare the crap out of me.

baxter

when I was growing up, my parents always told me to put some money in the bank for a rainy day. If the Democrats want to tie DACA (Illegals) to funding our country (actual Americans) than I say to hell with them. Maybe I have funds in the bank to cover missing a few paychecks because I don't live high on the hog, ie- Lexus, newest IPhone, Mcmansion for a house etc. Grow up folks, stand up for what is right for this country.