SI lists 10 NFL'rs that gotta go...

donbarzini

Why does Vinny Cerrato get a pass? The only difference between him and Matt Millen is, he's quiet about his incompetence.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

Randy Moss...no complaints from me. If nothing else, TO puts out on the field. Moss may as well go to Jamaica and be what he really wants to be; a Rastafarian.

Dennis Green...Not sure why he gets so much flack. He had some good Vike teams and, let's be honest, he's working for the Cards. That's like having a guy put palm trees in your back yard and holding him responsible for them dying even though you live in Nome.

Simeon; Disagree. Hurt is hurt. Look at Portis, he's mediocre, at best, before he broke his hand; too banged up. Rice was a MONSTER just last year. We oughta know.

Matt Millen; See Nome joke. Do we really want the Lions doing anything other than playing on Thanksgiving? The universe might fly off it's axis.

Haynesworth. Kick him down the road. C'yah!

Gibbs; He's already gone. He has a Defcord who was a head coach. He has an O-cord who skipped being a head coach this past offseason because Dan pays better, with less headaches. He's got an ex head coach for O line. Vince Lombardi is being dug up this spring to come in and be quality control assistant to the executive position scheduler in charge of blue words. Gibbs is still here for one reason; make sure Brunell gets a fair shake from the cruel world. Expect more dramatic offseason moves, including Gibbs possibly moving all the way upstairs to just team President. His first move will be to make Mark his Veep.

Mare; This is a football thread. We don't talk about kickers in football threads.

Tim Walsh; Oh sure, blame everyone but Al Davis. At least Snyder is trying to win. Al is worse than Richard Nixon and his enemies list. He's Khan in the Star Trek movie. "From hells heart I stab at thee nice Corinthean leather..."

Flo Adams: It's tough being that big and that hurt and stay effective. Nate Newton and Larry Allen were amazing exceptions.

Archie; For crying out loud. If you win the lottery and get offered the biggest money at your position, ever, is it your fault you're only average yet the bank will still be happy to cash your check? It's like Brunell; the man says you're in, you're in.

Ponytail

donbarzini said:
And I can only assume that Brunell finished 11th.

I would think it is mostly because of Brunell, that Gibbs is on the list. What other coach in the NFL would have given Brunell the nod this season and keep hopes high enough to KEEP giving him the nod?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
None...

Ponytail said:
I would think it is mostly because of Brunell, that Gibbs is on the list. What other coach in the NFL would have given Brunell the nod this season and keep hopes high enough to KEEP giving him the nod?

...not one. Not no way, not no how.

Look at this list: (NFC)

http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFC/QB-PASSING/2006/regular

I count three guys I'd take Brunell over.

Look at this one (AFC)

http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/AFC/QB-PASSING/2006/regular

Maybe 4 more.

Ponytail

Dunno if I have a softspot for the younger guys trying to make it in this league or what, but I'm actually anxious and excited to see what Campbell brings to the team this weekend.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
But Pony...

Ponytail said:
Dunno if I have a softspot for the younger guys trying to make it in this league or what, but I'm actually anxious and excited to see what Campbell brings to the team this weekend.

...he's not on the list! You're hijacking your own thread!

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Terrell Owens isn't on the list? Although he's the player fans love to hate, he's poisonous for team morale.