Sick food service worker

Would you eat food, prepared by sick employee?

• Yes..makes my meal more of an adventure!

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • No: no telling what germs are added seasoning!

Votes: 23 95.8%
  • Maybe: Life is an adventure.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whats on the menu?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Katelin

one day the dark will end
Would you eat food, prepared by a food service worker who is sick, coughing and sneezing and yacking while making your meal?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No, but not because I'm afraid of their germs, but because it would gross me out so bad I'd lose my appetite.

This is only one of the things that puts me off about the restaurant biz: they make their employees come in sick. Especially in food service, that doesn't seem like a very good idea.

Katelin

one day the dark will end
No, but not because I'm afraid of their germs, but because it would gross me out so bad I'd lose my appetite.

This is only one of the things that puts me off about the restaurant biz: they make their employees come in sick. Especially in food service, that doesn't seem like a very good idea.

Thus my survey.... I am home wicked sick (upper respiratory infection) and boss wants me to come in...HA....I am not that stupid to spread germs and nose snot...Health Dept does not like stuff like this but employers force employees to either work or go find a new job!

thanks for your input Vria!

Toxick

Splat
Would you eat food, prepared by a food service worker who is sick, coughing and sneezing and yacking while making your meal?

I always like a little phlegm on my burger. It makes the mayonaisse creamier.

And a nice little cup of mucus to dunk my fries in!

garyt27

INAFJ
Eeww.

You know what Forest Gump said.
It's a risk every time you eat out.
You just can't think about it.
Hell some of their uniforms have a weeks crap on them.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Not to be a thread spoiler, but I've been to places where the cooks were wiping dripping sweat from their faces while preparing meals. One look at that, and I just go somewhere else.

Yeah, 'but what if you don't see what's going on?' "How do you know the same isn't happening at the other place you go?" Right?

Well, I suppose actually seeing that kinda thing is what ruins the appetite.
If ya can't see it happening it's almost like "no harm, no foul."