Sick of Faucism

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Debate Over Vaccine Mandate Arrives in Dr. Fauci's Backyard

If the mandate is considered a sacrament, then Dr. Antony Fauci might be seen as its patron saint. Fauci’s credibility deficit on anything relating to the coronavirus hardly leaves him in a position to tell anyone what they should do to protect themselves during the pandemic. But as the face of public health, he wields considerable influence.

So there is a sense of poetic justice that a number of the 20,000 doctors, researchers, and lab workers at the National Institutes of Health are skeptical that a mandate is 1) ethical, 2) necessary, and 3) safe.

That’s the NIH we’re talking about — the organization under which Dr. Fauci’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases operates. These are the top scientists, biologists, and scientific researchers in the world. And many of them are vaccine mandate skeptics.

Who’s the potato head now?

Matthew Memoli, who runs a clinical studies unit within the NIH’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, will take the lead in a roundtable next month to discuss the pros and cons of a mandate. Memoli is not anti-vaccine, but like many others, he is against a vaccine mandate. Memoli says he’s not been vaccinated.

Wall Street Journal:

“I think the way we are using the vaccines is wrong,” he said. In a July 30 email to Dr. Fauci and two of his lieutenants, Dr. Memoli called mandated vaccination “extraordinarily problematic.” He says one of Dr. Fauci’s colleagues thanked him for his email. Dr. Fauci and a NIAID spokeswoman declined to comment.
Dr. Memoli said he supports Covid-19 vaccination in high-risk populations including the elderly and obese. But he argues that with existing vaccines, blanket vaccination of people at low risk of severe illness could hamper the development of more-robust immunity gained across a population from infection.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Fauci says COVID-19 booster might become new standard for being vaccinated

Dr. Anthony Fauci discussed the impending need for hundreds of millions of Americans to roll up their sleeves and get the jab during a pre-taped interview that aired at the 2021 STAT Summit in Boston this week, according to ABC News.

“I happen to believe as an immunologist and infectious disease person that a third-shot boost for an mRNA [vaccine] … should be part of the actual standard regimen, where a booster isn’t a luxury,” the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases reportedly said.

“A booster isn’t an add-on and a booster is part of what the original regimen should be. So that when we look back on this, we’re going to see that boosters are essential for an optimal vaccine regimen,” Fauci told the audience, according to the network.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
‘You Seem Pretty Ambivalent About Your Mask’

According to Politico, the mask routine occurred at a book party for ABC News’ Jonathan Karl at Café Milano. “As gawkers tried to snap pictures of him indoors not wearing a mask, America’s doc would put it on and take it off depending on whom he was around,” Politico reported.

Fellow attendee socialite and novelist Sally Quinn, who used Fauci as a model for the male protagonist (Dr. Michael Lanzer) in her 1991 novel, “Happy Endings, told Politico, “I said, ‘You seem pretty ambivalent about your mask’ because no one else was wearing one. He said, ‘I just decided that if anyone came up that I didn’t know, I would put my mask on.’”

Guests at the book party had to show proof of being vaccinated to gain entry, and Quinn protested, “He was being safe. He knew everyone was vaccinated. If it was someone we knew, he would trust them, and if it was somebody else, he didn’t.” Reminiscing in 2020 about the first time she met Fauci, Quinn gushed, “I just fell in love with him.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Rules Are for Rubes: Fauci Spotted Maskless, Violating Mandate, at Tony DC Party

Quinn recounts: “I said, ‘You seem pretty ambivalent about your mask’ because no one else was wearing one. He said, ‘I just decided that if anyone came up that I didn’t know, I would put my mask on.’”

Ah. So now you can only give Covid to or catch Covid from someone you don’t already know, just as you can only transmit Covid when standing up in a restaurant, not while sitting. Even at this Leftist shindig, that was too much for some people. According to Politico, “Quinn added that ‘paparazzi’ were surrounding Fauci, trying to get that ‘gotcha moment’ of the Covid czar without a mask on.” The hypocrisy was off the charts, since “guests had to show proof of vaccination to enter the party.”

Quinn, however, rushed to the defense of her erotic hero: “He was being safe. He knew everyone was vaccinated. If it was someone we knew, he would trust them, and if it was somebody else, he didn’t.” Oh, well, then! Everyone knows that the vaccines are one hundred percent effective, and no one who is vaccinated has ever transmitted or caught the Covid virus, right?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Fauci vague on changing definition of 'fully vaccinated': 'We might modify'

Fauci said that health officials do not plan to change the definition of fully vaccinated to include booster shots, but he admitted that may happen.

"We’re going to take a look right now at what the durability is of the booster," Fauci told "State of the Union" host Dana Bash. "We’re going to follow people who get boosted."

"People should not be put off by the fact that as time goes by and we learn more and more about the protection that we might modify the guidelines," he explained. "That’s what we’ve been saying all along by follow the science, things change and you have to follow the data."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Cruz Responds To Fauci’s Attack On Him In Scathing Statement, Doubles Down On Call For Criminal Probe

Cruz responded to Fauci’s remarks in a series of tweets late on Sunday afternoon, calling Fauci “an unelected technocrat who has distorted science and facts in order to exercise authoritarian control over millions of Americans.”

“He lives in a liberal world where his smug ‘I REPRESENT science’ attitude is praised,” Cruz said.
Cruz then laid out four “facts” related to his call for the DOJ to investigate Fauci:

1. On May 11, Fauci testified before a Senate Committee that “the NIH has not ever and does not now fund gain-of-function research in the Wuhan Institute of Virology.”
  2. On October 20, NIH wrote they funded an experiment at the Wuhan lab testing if “spike proteins from naturally occurring bat coronaviruses circulating in China were capable of binding to the human ACE2 receptor in a mouse model.” That is gain of function research.
  3. Fauci’s statement and the NIH’s October 20 letter cannot both be true. The statements are directly contradictory.
  4. 18 USC 1001 makes it [a] felony, punishable by up to 5 years in prison, to lie to Congress.

“No amount of ad hominem insults parroting Democrat talking points will get Fauci out of this contradiction,” Cruz concluded. “Fauci either needs to address the substance—in detail, with specific factual corroboration—or DOJ should consider prosecuting him for making false statements to Congress.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Top Scientist Blasts Fauci As A ‘Serial Liar,’ Slams Ex-Biden Pandemic Adviser As An ‘Empty Head,’ ‘Dolt’

Ebright responded to each of the following comments made on social media by stating, “Serial liars–like Fauci–will be serial liars.”

• #1: “Fauci is such a tool. The question posed to him in congress was whether he funded gain of function research. He either did or he didn’t. He said he didn’t. New evidence suggests he did. This isn’t a scientific question.”
  • #2: “Fauci: ‘I’m going to be saving lives and they’re going to be lying’ – POLITICO Anyone who’s been this wrong and misled people this much should not hide behind ‘science’ especially when he has so blatantly ignored or misunderstood the ‘science’ throughout.”
  • #3: “Fauci then implied that Senator Ted Cruz should be prosecuted for Jan. 6. ‘And I’m going to be saving lives, and they’re going to be lying,’ he added. He also proclaimed: ‘I represent science! … And if you damage science, you’re doing something very detrimental to society…’”

Ebright criticized Fauci earlier this year after The Intercept obtained hundreds of pages of previously undisclosed information from the NIH that allegedly showed that EcoHealth Alliance used federal grant money to fund dangerous bat coronavirus research in the Chinese labs.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Post says: It’s time for a Dr. Fauci-ectomy

Fauci already has flip-flopped on masks, he’s lied about the US funding of gain-of-function research at the Wuhan lab, and he’s unconvincingly cast doubt on the lab-leak theory even though that looks increasingly likely. He opposed the travel ban from China at the start of the pandemic.
Now he says, with smug defeatism, that he “wouldn’t be surprised” if Omicron was already here. So what? We just give up? We don’t bother to try to contain it abroad if perhaps Omicron isn’t here?
Anthony Fauci will push for the most draconian lockdowns on the American people, and push us into sacrificing our freedoms — but faced with the inconvenience of a small number of foreign visitors and citizens abroad, he’s suddenly against restrictions.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Top Scientist Blasts Fauci As A ‘Serial Liar,’ Slams Ex-Biden Pandemic Adviser As An ‘Empty Head,’ ‘Dolt’

Ebright responded to each of the following comments made on social media by stating, “Serial liars–like Fauci–will be serial liars.”

• #1: “Fauci is such a tool. The question posed to him in congress was whether he funded gain of function research. He either did or he didn’t. He said he didn’t. New evidence suggests he did. This isn’t a scientific question.”
  • #2: “Fauci: ‘I’m going to be saving lives and they’re going to be lying’ – POLITICO Anyone who’s been this wrong and misled people this much should not hide behind ‘science’ especially when he has so blatantly ignored or misunderstood the ‘science’ throughout.”
  • #3: “Fauci then implied that Senator Ted Cruz should be prosecuted for Jan. 6. ‘And I’m going to be saving lives, and they’re going to be lying,’ he added. He also proclaimed: ‘I represent science! … And if you damage science, you’re doing something very detrimental to society…’”

Ebright criticized Fauci earlier this year after The Intercept obtained hundreds of pages of previously undisclosed information from the NIH that allegedly showed that EcoHealth Alliance used federal grant money to fund dangerous bat coronavirus research in the Chinese labs.

SamSpade

Does this man actually practice any form of actual science, any more? As I scour the Internet, publications bearing his name in recent years appear to have very little actual INPUT from him. It's a bit like many years ago when I worked at a university and the researchers did the work, and the head of the department got the accolades, even if he did almost nothing to achieve it.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
WASHINGTON, D.C.—In a stunning reveal, Dr. Fauci has appeared on camera in an ornate and funny hat, and is now declaring himself the "Pope of Science."

"Look at my shiny hat! Woooo-ooo! I have been chosen by science to speak on behalf of science!" said Pope Fauci. "My very words are as infallible as the natural laws of the universe itself! If anyone doesn't like me, or disagrees with anything I say, or makes fun of my glasses, they will be excommunicated—banished to everlasting darkness."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Senator Tom Cotton calls Dr Fauci a ‘so-called expert’ for not being a psychologist or economist

“He knows nothing about the economy. He knows nothing about psychology. He knows nothing about the way most Americans have to live and struggle to make ends meet in this economy,” Mr Cotton said. “That’s why you don’t let an expert make decisions like this for the American people”.

Dr Fauci has served as director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease since the 1980s, and has long been a leader of the government’s efforts to research treatments and vaccines against HIV-Aids and other diseases of the immune system. He was awarded the presidential medal of freedom in 2008 for his work on the George W Bush-era Pepfar program to combat HIV-Aids abroad.

But despite his status as one of the country’s top medical efforts, he became a lightning rod for criticism from Republicans who have bristled at the positive press he has garnered during the Covid-19 pandemic compared with former president Donald Trump. A number of GOP members of Congress have attempted to blame him for the pandemic itself by suggesting that his agency funded research which led to the coronavirus escaping from a Chinese lab.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Fauci: First U.S. Omicron Case was Vaccinated, Now Protect Yourself by Getting Vaccinated

That sound you’re hearing is the sound of the goalposts moving yet again. On Wednesday, America’s beloved COVID guru, who would never, ever lead us astray, made the expected announcement about the new super monster COVID that’s going to kill each and every one of us all week and twice on Sunday: it’s here. “The California and San Francisco departments of public health and the CDC,” the pint-sized prophet intoned, “have confirmed that a recent case of COVID-19 among an individual in California was caused by omicron variant.” South African Doctor Angelique Coetzee, who discovered the new killer variant, has told us to relax, it’s not that big a deal, but Fauci gave no hint of that as he made his announcement. This is no time for a voice of reason! It’s time (once again) to panic!

[clip]

Fauci went on to reiterate that everything would be all right if we just do what he has been telling us to do from the beginning:

So this is the first confirmed case of Covid-19 caused by the omicron variant detected in the United States. And as all of you know, of course, we’ve been discussing this, we knew it was just a matter of time before the first case of omicron would be detected in the United States. And as you know, we know, I’ve been saying it and my colleagues on the medical team and others have been saying it, we know what we need to do to protect people: get vaccinated if you’re not already vaccinated, get boosted if you’ve been vaccinated for more than six months with an mRNA, or two months with J & J, and all the other things we’ve been talking about: getting your children, masking at indoor congregate settings, et cetera.

“Get vaccinated”? But the omicron patient was vaccinated, Doc, by your own admission. “Get boosted”? Ah, is that it? One more jab and all will be well? It’s interesting that Fauci didn’t say anything either way about whether the omicron patient had received a booster. It’s even more interesting that we heard nothing whatsoever about booster shots when the vaccines first became available. On the contrary, we were told that a return to normal life was just around the corner; all we had to do was get the jab. Now people who have gotten the jab are still getting COVID, and all Fauci can say is Get more jabs. Great. How long will it be before the nation’s conscience, our beloved national schoolmarm, tells us we have to get shots every week to ward off this catastrophically deadly virus with a 99% recovery rate?