Sick of Faucism

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Dr. Fauci Embarrasses Himself While Trying to Mock Fox News

Fauci must not have brushed up on his vaccine history before going on with Acosta.

Both the smallpox vaccine and the polio vaccine faced loud opposition.

When widespread smallpox vaccination began in the early 1800s in England, many parents opposed the vaccine and some clergy opposed it, calling it “unchristian” because it came from an animal, according to the College of Physicians in Philadelphia. Others opposed the vaccine because they distrusted medicine in general. Even then, some vaccine opponents objected because they believed the vaccine violated their personal liberty. This objection grew louder after Britain ordered mandatory vaccination for infants up to three months old in 1853.

Toward the end of the 1800s, vaccine opponents organized in the United States. The Anti Vaccination Society of America (1879), the New England Anti Compulsory Vaccination League (1882), and the Anti-vaccination League of New York City (1885) grew to oppose vaccines. The movement waged court battles to repeal vaccination laws in many states, including California, Illinois, and Wisconsin.

Early opposition to the polio vaccine came from the scientific community.

John Kolmer tested the first polio vaccine in 1935. He tested about 10,000 children, five of whom died of polio and ten of whom got paralyzed, usually in the arm where the vaccine was injected. Many of the kids involved lived in towns where no outbreak had occurred, and Kolmer did not have a control group. He insisted that many more children would have gotten sick without the vaccine, but one of his own researchers called him a murderer.

In the same year, Maurice Brodie tested 7,500 children and adults, with 4,500 in a control group. One out of 900 subjects developed polio in the control group, while one out of 7,500 subjects developed polio after getting vaccinated, meaning the vaccine was 88 percent effective. Yet researchers claimed that one case of polio was caused by the vaccine, while two more cases emerged later.

While a breakthrough came in 1948, Jonas Salk did not create the first effective polio vaccine until 1952, and his first successful test took place on March 26, 1953.

Fauci is a dumbass

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Sen. Paul: Fauci Is Example Of ‘Elitist’ Left Who Think ‘Common Man’s Too Stupid’ To Make Own Decisions

“So I do think that he’s been giving us shades of the truth from the very beginning, but I also think that he is predictable as an elitist,” Paul continued. “People on the Left believe they know better than you and they think that the common man’s too stupid to make their own decisions, so these decisions need to be made by their betters. And I truly think that he believes that he knows better.”

Paul went on to allege that Fauci is “okay with lying because he thinks the lie is for the betterment of mankind.”

“He calculates what the people need to hear and he tells them that regardless of whether it’s true,” Paul added.

Extrapolating Paul’s insight, Polumbo asked him what Fauci’s “hubris” suggests about other self-professed experts, such as those in the White House and Silicon Valley who consider themselves qualified to squelch what they deem “misinformation.”

Referencing economist Friedrich A. Hayek‘s idea that economies function best when knowledge is dispersed among many different people, Paul said such a principle also holds true for science and other areas.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Conservative Stuns CNN Panel With Fauci Criticism, Mocks Media ‘Fangirling’

“So what’s the game here? What is the purpose of this fixation on attacking Anthony Fauci?” Avlon asked, according to NewsBusters.

“Well, I don’t think it’s entirely a game,” Ham rebuffed Avlon. “I think it’s that Fauci is a very powerful public official who deserves and rarely gets tough questioning in almost any realm. He gets frankly a lot of fangirling and a lot of just sort of forum for his ideas and he doesn’t get a lot of pushback.”

“Senator Paul understood the assignment here,” she continued. “He’s asking about a tough subject that admittedly none of us are experts on, but I would like to know a lot more about. And despite his protestations, tough questions for Dr. Anthony Fauci are not attacks on science itself.”

Ham then blasted Fauci for his repeated “shadings” of the truth, which she said are why the American people don’t trust him. The conservative noted of Fauci’s flip-flopping on masks, seemingly to keep the supply of masks for hospital staffers. You might agree with the outcome, she said, but it built up distrust from the American people.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Trump COVID Czar: I'd Never Seen Dr. Fauci So Rattled When He Was Questioned By Rand Paul

"They funded researchers to go hundreds of miles away into the back of bat caves, extract dangerous viruses from bats that have never been seen by humans before, and bring them to a city of 10 million people in the Wuhan lab," he continued. "Next, they chopped up those viruses and created new Frankenstein viruses to see if they could infect human cells. That may not technically be quote gain of function research but it’s dangerous research and Senator Paul's questions deserve to be answered.

"If I were a betting man, and I’m not, I would bet all those viruses got immediately channeled into the Chinese bioweapons program with the Chinese military that we know were operating at the Wuhan lab. Legitimate questions. I don't think we got a legitimate answer," Giroir said.

Giroir noted he had not seen Fauci look so rattled as he did during the questioning from Paul because he is "usually pretty cool in those hearings."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Fauci does not walk unscathed from the truth of his agency’s funding of Wuhan, however circuitous. He does not evade reckoning for once suggesting that, as potentially dangerous to human life and health as gain-of-function is, the research is worth it.

Tell it to the lost souls, elderly folks, who might have enjoyed more years. Who might have died in the presence, indeed the arms of loved ones, not through a glass darkly. The overweight and obese–startlingly susceptible–who but for COVID might now be getting a handle on dietary changes that could prolong their lives. They never had a chance.

And for so many others, in so many other circles of suffering.

Fauci never wanted people to die, that must be said. But in the throes of hyper-managerial hubris, he meddled in bio-forces with the power to decimate populations. His NIH-approved funding to the Wuhan lab can never be stricken from the record. In the aftermath, he became the face of the response to something awful that he himself had an unwitting hand in.

Better he should have come clean about all of it hours after U.S. patient Number One was diagnosed. People will forgive miscalculations, mistakes, and experiments gone wrong if earnestly copped to with regret, apology, and options for redress. They will not forgive a facilitator of disaster who rises on the podium as a beneficent bureaucrat, here to help.

Fauci always looked wrong standing next to Mr. Trump, a president blindsided by a nefariously cooked pandemic. He is another example of Mr. Trump’s occasional blind spots when it came to the officials, the professionals, the old hands like Anthony Scaramucci whom Trump welcomed to the inner circle. Our greatest president since Reagan should have grilled Fauci about every last U.S. nickel sent to China’s virulent gain-of-function factor, and then found someone else, like Rand Paul, to join the team briefings in the Rose Garden.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Sen. Rand Paul Sends Criminal Referral For Fauci To Department Of Justice

Paul later sent a letter to Attorney General Merrick Garland, alleging that Fauci had potentially violated 18 U.S. Code § 1001, which states “whoever ‘makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation’ as part of ‘any investigation or review, conducted pursuant to the authority of any committee, subcommittee, commission or office of the Congress, consistent with applicable rules of the House or Senate’ is subject to criminal fines and imprisonment of up to five years.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If You Don’t Want to Get Into the Details, You’re Part of the Problem

That means that when he plays word games and obfuscates the truth from the American people, journalists have not only a right, but an obligation to point it out. It’s odd, then, that CNN’s Jake Tapper not only ignored the substantive criticisms of Fauci levied by Senator Rand Paul last week regarding gain of function research conducted in China with American taxpayer dollars, but proudly announced his intention to do so.

The National Institutes of Health, the department in which the NIAID is housed, has funded research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology that by any reasonable definition should be categorized as gain of function research. As Dr. Richard Ebright, an expert on laboratory safety put it:

The Wuhan lab used NIH funding to construct novel chimeric SARS-related coronaviruses able to infect human cells and laboratory animals. This is high-risk research that creates new potential pandemic pathogens (i.e., potential pandemic pathogens that exist only in a lab, not in nature). This research matches — indeed epitomizes — the definition of ‘gain of function research of concern’ for which federal funding was ‘paused’ in 2014-2017.

For some reason though, Fauci continues to deny that any NIH funding was used to perform gain of function research in China in committee hearings, relying only upon tenuous word games and appeals to authority rather than scientific arguments to back up his claim. Tapper used a similar strategy to defend the bureaucrat, bringing on a guest to discuss “another kind of misinformation, the constant MAGA media and Republican lawmaker attacks on health experts and especially Dr. Anthony Fauci.”

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Luntz had the opportunity to call out the media and CNN specifically during the last minute of that interview and he didn’t.
Unfortunately for you, I fear, your girlfriend, the head of St. Mary's Health Dept, is most likely on Fauci's email blast list. Salivating when she can wreak havoc upon you, and other small businesses, once again.

• Sad
Reactions: TPD

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Fauci ‘Should No Longer Be Serving in American Government’

Fauci and Paul have traded blows in congressional hearings for months, but things came to a head in early July when Paul accused Fauci of lying to Congress. Fauci insisted he’s never lied to Congress and said the Wuhan research “was judged by qualified staff up and down the chain as not being gain of function,” citing the extremely narrow gain-of-function definition developed by the Department of Health and Human Services, rather than the one commonly used by virologists.

But the specific label is beside the point, according to Pompeo.

“My wife and I always taught our son, you tell the whole truth, you don’t quibble,” Pompeo said during a Monday night interview. “He is at best playing some sophisticated word game for his elitist doctor buddies. I don’t know the purpose of it but it’s dangerous.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Fauci and the ‘Noble Lie’

A key point is that expertise is non-transferable: Even if we accept that it is ethical for public figures to mislead the public for the public’s own good, being an expert in infectious diseases does not give you any special insight into other complex questions, such as public behavior. People who are high achievers in one field mistakenly believe that they possess a kind of generalized cleverness applicable to other areas of endeavor — call it Krugman’s Fallacy.

(I would say that I do not believe that it is ethical for public figures to mislead the public for the public’s own good — but isn’t that what I would say if I did?)

The authors conclude:

Noble lies—small untruths—yield unpredictable outcomes. Nietzsche once wrote, “Not that you lied to me, but that I no longer believe you, has shaken me.” Public health messaging is predicated on trust, which overcomes the enormous complexity of the scientific literature, creating an opportunity to communicate initiatives effectively. Still, violation of this trust renders the communication unreliable. When trust is shattered, messaging is no longer clear and straightforward, and instead results in the audience trying to reverse-engineer the statement based on their view of the speaker’s intent. Simply put, noble lies can rob confidence from the public, leading to confusion, a loss of credibility, conspiracy theories, and obfuscated policy.

Noble lies are a trap. We cannot predict the public’s behavior, and loss of trust is devastating.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Fauci and Pelosi both believe that calling a virus a 'pandemic' suspends constitutional rights

Appearing on ABC TV's This Week, responding to a set-up question by substitute host Jonathan Karl that positioned Republican governors as villains standing in the way of mask and vaccine mandates, the highest-paid bureaucrat in the federal government averred that "the spread of infection" impacts everyone, "when you are dealing with a public health situation ... a person's individual decision. ... You very well may infect another person. ... So in essence, you are encroaching on their individual rights."

The speaker of the House, meanwhile, tweeted out yesterday that the widely distrusted CDC has the power on its own to deprive landlords of their contractually due rent payments from tenants. This, after she failed to get an extension of the moratorium passed by the elected legislative body she leads.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If Criticizing Dr. Anthony Fauci Is a Hate Crime, I Plead Guilty--And I'll Do It Again

If arrogance and obsequiousness came in a bottle, Peter J. Hotez, MD, Ph.D., would be chugging it by the gallon. In a gallant defense of Dr. Anthony Fauci and Dr. Peter Daszak, Hotez says that criticizing them or any other scientist with whom he agrees is a hate crime:

We should look at expanded protection mechanisms for scientists currently targeted by far-right extremism in the United States. Rep. Paul Tonko (D-NY) has introduced a bill known as the Scientific Integrity Act of 2021 (H.R. 849) to protect US Government scientists from political interference, but this needs to be extended for scientists at private research universities and institutes. Still another possibility is to extend federal hate-crime protections.

This is not a joke. Hotez’s diatribe is published on PLOS Biology, a peer-reviewed open-access journal. As the political left stomps its feet about what it characterizes as the politicization of science and submits a bill to stop it, here is how Hotez begins his rant:

There is a troubling new expansion of antiscience aggression in the United States. It’s arising from far-right extremism, including some elected members of the US Congress and conservative news outlets that target prominent biological scientists fighting the COVID-19 pandemic.

His statement would be funny if it were not both tragic and frightening. Like many scientists within our research institutions, Hotez is bought and paid for. He has received at least one grant from the NIH every year since 1992. The NIH is the largest public funder of biomedical research in the world, with an annual budget of $32 billion to invest. Hotez’s work centers on vaccines and tropical diseases, so his funding will come from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), the division Fauci leads.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I really wish Dr Ashish Jha would replace Fauci. Dr Jha isn't afraid to say when people/Govt are over-reacting.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Fauci under fire over report alleging NIAID spent $400k on research infecting dogs with parasites

The Project reported that Dr. Anthony Fauci's bureaucracy's budget in 2021 is an estimated $6 billion, and that documents obtained through FOIA show evidence of a study in which otherwise healthy beagles were treated with an experimental medication before being introduced to biting flies that were carrying a parasite known to be contagious to humans.

On "Fox News Primetime," host Ben Domenech remarked that dog lovers may have an even bigger bone to pick with Fauci than his now-recurring congressional nemesis, Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Fauci: If you don't get your shots, eventually the shots might not work

What he’s not saying here for obvious reasons is that vaccinating the entire U.S. population won’t do a ton to limit the chances of a killer variant arising. It’ll help marginally, but the global unvaccinated population is vast and will remain that way for years to come. If and when (probably when) the killer variant emerges, it’ll emerge abroad and then make its way back here through the usual pathways. There’s nothing we can do except crank out as many vaccines as possible for the rest of the planet and keep updating our own vaccines as needed to tailor them to whichever variant arises.

How many shots will the average vaccinated person have received by, say, 2024 to keep pace with an evolving virus? Five? Ten? More?

The unvaccinated are under a ton of pressure right now, both hard and soft, and not all of it is coming from other people. Lots of it is, be it guilt-tripping by the likes of Fauci or Bill de Blasio informing New Yorkers that various public spaces will soon require proof of immunization. According to the New York Post, the combo of vaccine passports and the city offering $100 for those getting their first dose produced a 40 percent surge in vaccinations this week over last. Public consensus that the unvaccinated bear chief responsibility for the new wave may also be weighing on holdouts: